Flipkart’s shady business practices.

Sorry to bump this thread up but I think Flipkart is purposely stopping third party sellers from shipping all over India. Probably some kind of protection for Wsretail.

Take my case. My pin code is 401209.
On flipkart, none of the sellers ship to my address except wsretail.
Go to Amazon or EBay and the same sellers (like ehardwarestation, primeabgb, it wares, etc) ship.

I even sent them (Fk) a feedback asking about this and got no response.
Fk is dead for me. Won't even bother searching or buying stuff from them anymore. :|

Edit: see this example of Amd Fx8320.
On fk : www.flipkart.com/amd-3-5-ghz-am3-fx-8320-8-core-piledriver-processor/p/itmdgh4ctftqmpfd?pid=PSRDGH4CZHPW2VX8&otracker=search&pin=401209

On Amazon: www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B009O7YU56/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1392959580&sr=8-1&pi=SL75
Common sellers on both sites. On Amazon I actually bought from ehardwarestation who is not selling the proccy at present.
Same problem. But WSRetail is lightenign fast. Got a pendrive in less than a day at Nagpur. Harddisk in 2working days.

If they bar some areas, why does only wsretail ship to those areas then?
Even if extra forms were required, then it should be the same with eBay and Amazon too. I'm seeing this with all items on fk. From a small pendrive to books etc. Seems some sort of black list. Either they hate me or the area i live in.

Same here in thane west too. None of the 3rd party sellers were ever available for any item. Though octroi was last year abolished for thane area

Also it looks like they keep on changing the Registered business address in order to escape High VAT?
First bangalore > Mumbai > Bilaspur

Also it looks like they keep on changing the Registered business address in order to escape High VAT?
First bangalore > Mumbai > Bilaspur
Three changes doesn't mean they are shady nor is it illegal. The company itself has gone through a LOT of change. As a professional working in the same field, I can tell you it makes sense for the company to be responsive and mindful of tax planning. Especially when they are passing most of it off to the consumers.

I know what I saw. That product has been on my watch list for a couple of weeks, and I was checking the page almost every day, until I bought it from ebay last week. I clearly remember there were only 13 reviews at that time. Thought about sale or a 'deal of the day' did cross my mind, but 13 reviews to 277 is pretty big leap in a matter of a week. It may well be a bug, who knows. Just like 'Oral-B CrossAction Power Toothbrush' shows 'available' when I search for it, with 114 reviews, but when I went to check the latest ones, it says "No reviews found."

I randomly get 'No reviews found' for the Bosch product mentioned above. They have an internal API that the site talks to. And the API acts up once in a while.

And, I did buy this one sometime last year (think I have not posted any review). The machine is pretty good but found the bits are not that good. Have to push hard for the concrete ones. The wood ones are much better.

I would not count on reviews in FK for that matter Newegg or Amazon (entirely). Do your own research and then decide on it. I showed this to an electrician who uses drilling m/cs for regular work. He told me that its a decent one.

Last edited:
This article has nothing to with the topic. Pardon me.
I am shocked, I heard people play pranks with Customer support raising issues like this. But seriously such incidents degrade Company's image.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/1409.../flipkart-delivery-boy-molests-maid-hyderabad
She should have called the police first then flipkart, she shouldn't have waited for two days. I agree flipkart didn't respond properly and should have acted fast but we don't know who the courier was, if it was delhivery or anyone other than eKart, flipkart cannot be held responsible nor can they do anything.

Back