Flipkart’s shady business practices.

You really do not know what you are saying.

Did you read the full article by the OP. They sold him platters which will NEVER EVER run on hardware purchased in India. Period. Irrespective, what the vendor is saying, they are wrong, misinformed, or lying. Yes, they might not be cheating, but they are also not aiding the client here. The middle man protocol cannot be applied for an entity like FK. What should the OP do, go to Disney for a refund. FK has to understand they sold him merchandize not equipped (legally) to run in India. It is an oversight by them, OK, accept it. Not keep ranting their mantra on and on. The OP, has given them enough proof via screenshots and mails/calls. Can they not read or comprehend. It is denial.

Correct mate. They will not accept the mistake because the vendor which supplier to them refused to accept the mistake. Since they are not product makes , they will go with Vendor's word which I can vouch for as I experience this everyday.

They are offering a refund which displays that they are happy to be in the middle ground and keep the customer happy.

Since the product is arrived from Vendor and the main fault is the vendor you really cant blame FK for this.

1lc+ system. and you dont have a region free dvd player? My 5yr old LG dvd player can play any region dvd's. You should go and buy a LG dvd player and make it region free by searching on the net. Then you can enjoy what you bought. Peace of mind, i say.

Have to say, all this is fault of Disney's for packaging the wrong product. They are acting like arrogant people. The dvd seems to be region coded for NTSC 1,3,4. No pal region coding seems to be present.

My advice to you is to get a good region free dvd player. Its just 3k and peace of mind from trying to fight morons in the industry.

1lc+ system. and you dont have a region free dvd player? My 5yr old LG dvd player can play any region dvd's. You should go and buy a LG dvd player and make it region free by searching on the net. Then you can enjoy what you bought. Peace of mind, i say.

Have to say, all this is fault of Disney's for packaging the wrong product. They are acting like arrogant people. The dvd seems to be region coded for NTSC 1,3,4. No pal region coding seems to be present.

My advice to you is to get a good region free dvd player. Its just 3k and peace of mind from trying to fight morons in the industry.

Don't really have space for anything more actually. My bedrrom is already carrying the burden of HTiB and PS3 apart from tv. But anyway, thats not the point. Still, thanks for the advice. :)

But I haven't mentioned piracy. But the thing is, they don't accept that it is wrong region code. Why would they now if I bring in piracy now?

1. You don't have to mention anything about piracy to them. You're not getting what I'm saying. By offering you a refund, FK has no further liability. If you don't accept it, it's your issue. Legal action on the basis of wrong product delivered can only end in either replacement or refund, and by offering you a refund matter is closed.

2. The piracy issue has to be taken up with the legal channel, not with FK. FK is only reselling what someone else delivers to them (and eventually the investigation will reach those places. It's the only way you will get a legally valid and working copy (if at all), or force an out-of-court settlement. It will take a few years to do it, but if that is your course of action then that's what it is.

Your physical copy is sufficient evidence.

Another route, and one that might work in cases like this, is to write a polite, non-confrontational letter to the owners of FK. Digging this kind of information is quite possible nowadays. A lot of the time, those sitting on 30,000 feet have better understanding of these matters than a BPO employee on the end of a telephone line with a scripted procedure.

Do note that I sense a bit of frustration and angst in your posts. Those things have to be first disposed of before you formalise any communication. A letter written in anger is the first step towards a stalemate.

Good Luck. It's time for action, not words.

It is not even NTSC 5.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
1. You don't have to mention anything about piracy to them. You're not getting what I'm saying. By offering you a refund, FK has no further liability. If you don't accept it, it's your issue. Legal action on the basis of wrong product delivered can only end in either replacement or refund, and by offering you a refund matter is closed.

2. The piracy issue has to be taken up with the legal channel, not with FK. FK is only reselling what someone else delivers to them (and eventually the investigation will reach those places. It's the only way you will get a legally valid and working copy (if at all), or force an out-of-court settlement. It will take a few years to do it, but if that is your course of action then that's what it is.

Your physical copy is sufficient evidence.

Another route, and one that might work in cases like this, is to write a polite, non-confrontational letter to the owners of FK. Digging this kind of information is quite possible nowadays. A lot of the time, those sitting on 30,000 feet have better understanding of these matters than a BPO employee on the end of a telephone line with a scripted procedure.

Do note that I sense a bit of frustration and angst in your posts. Those things have to be first disposed of before you formalise any communication. A letter written in anger is the first step towards a stalemate.

Good Luck. It's time for action, not words.

A really worthy advice. Thanks a TON! :)

EDIT: About the bold part. Do they have no liability to product description on their website? Can they continue to sell it to other customers as well?

Don't really have space for anything more actually. My bedrrom is already carrying the burden of HTiB and PS3 apart from tv. But anyway, thats not the point. Still, thanks for the advice. :)

i know, you want to prove FK is wrong, dude. But that's the problem. FK is only a third party seller. They are like Ebay. They list for sellers, and sellers like Disney ship it out to you. You should be gunning for Disney, not FK. I'm saying this even after all my deals with FK went bad. really. FK can only offer a replacement. They dont have any facility to test products or do any research on stuff, and can only take what's printed on the cover as golden. They will keep selling stuff as long as they have a deal to sell it. You cant hold them responsible for stuff that is not in their hands.

i know, you want to prove FK is wrong, dude. But that's the problem. FK is only a third party seller. They are like Ebay. They list for sellers, and sellers like Disney ship it out to you. You should be gunning for Disney, not FK. I'm saying this even after all my deals with FK went bad. really. FK can only offer a replacement. They dont have any facility to test products or do any research on stuff, and can only take what's printed on the cover as golden. They will keep selling stuff as long as they have a deal to sell it. You cant hold them responsible for stuff that is not in their hands.

I am totally with you. But, correct me if I am wrong on these points:

1. Wrong product is Disney's fault. I have contacted Disney's support again as well.
2. Continue to sell the wrong product after it being brought into notice and still believing the vendor instead of reliable testing is Flipkart's fault. I don't think they should sell that product with the same description. Why should anyone else, with intent to play it on PS3/ Xbox, buy the same product? Thats my point.

I am totally with you. But, correct me if I am wrong on these points:

1. Wrong product is Disney's fault. I have contacted Disney's support again as well.
2. Continue to sell the wrong product after it being brought into notice and still believing the vendor instead of reliable testing is Flipkart's fault. I don't think they should sell that product with the same description. Why should anyone else, with intent to play it on PS3/ Xbox, buy the same product? Thats my point.

Agree with you fully.
Link
See on this link - It says Netgear N-150 wireless N router. In description it says
Supported Protocols - Standard IEEE: IEEE 802.11b/g
so it means its a wireless g router, and not n as written in their headline and all over in the product description. Even a search on Netgear's support site says its a wireless G router.
I did bring this to their notice but it was thrown out of the window by some smart alec in their feedback dept. Its still on sale if you notice.

Correct mate. They will not accept the mistake because the vendor which supplier to them refused to accept the mistake. Since they are not product makes , they will go with Vendor's word which I can vouch for as I experience this everyday.

They are offering a refund which displays that they are happy to be in the middle ground and keep the customer happy.

Since the product is arrived from Vendor and the main fault is the vendor you really cant blame FK for this.

I would still hold FK just as accountable as Disney for this. They have been told the flaw and they refuse to do nothing. It is lying and cheating to the end user. But the "refund" blanket covers all this, so they will actually do jack. I do understand where you are coming from. FK is being arrogant and non-complaint, I feel that.

Best is to get a refund and haul-a** out of this deal, and be careful of FK. I only order books, TBH. :)

I would still hold FK just as accountable as Disney for this. They have been told the flaw and they refuse to do nothing. It is lying and cheating to the end user. But the "refund" blanket covers all this, so they will actually do jack. I do understand where you are coming from. FK is being arrogant and non-complaint, I feel that.

Best is to get a refund and haul-a** out of this deal, and be careful of FK. I only order books, TBH. :)

I am just trying to say that since I have experienced working for a middle man organization and I can understand the mentality how they work. When the customer questions the Product and the vendor says its ok then you get stuck in the middle and have nothing to say. I was specifically doing the same thing as FK is doing that is being diplomatic.

Since they are offering the Refund I will give them the benefit of the doubt that they care about the customer.

Best is to get a refund and haul-a** out of this deal, and be careful of FK. I only order books, TBH. :)[/QUOTE

Get a refund, then what? Continue buying from them?

I can completely understand your frustration but you have to understand that you are dealing with a faceless entity. There are probably hundreds, if not thousands, of people involved with millions of items on inventory. In a place like India, Flipkart is still probably the best that you can get, unfortunately.

I am not siding with Flipkart here, but they do try to reach a middle ground. In my case, they replaced my game DVD when the one I had received was not being read anywhere. Though I did not, I could have used the product key and returned the DVD. I did have 2 unique product keys with me. But they took it back no questions asked. In your case, they were ready to refund your money.

People here are ignorant enough to be unaware of the difference between a DVD, CD and a BLU-RAY disc and you are arguing with them about the region codes. No wonder the "technical team" at FK couldn't help you! :p

You can spread the word around that Disney/FK are fooling Indian customers, but why are you putting your money at stake? Get your refund, gather some users who have been similarly affected and blast them all you want and get that entry taken down.

Hats off to you man..Keep your fight alive.

Refund is always not a solution to every problem.Yes it is an option for sure.

The OP knows what region code is and complained for it. How many people would know what region code is ? This falls under pure cheating,whether FK or Disney or both at fault.

Ok, FK shouldn't open the box and check if it works or not( i wouldn't like it either.But what about Disney ? ) How did that DVD pass the QC or whatever.

Suggestion on playing it on PC ? WTF ? Disgusting solution.

OP not siding with FK but
I normally avoid buying stuff with incomplete/incorrect description. While its easy to make assumptions on the products, it is always "Better safe than sorry". I had similar experience, took the refund and learned my lesson. Now I scan the description, if nothing sits good with me, I dont buy. Especially when the stuff is too good to be true.

And as pointed by someone, many CC wouldnt know the difference between CD/DVD/Bluray - region code is an alien technology. Sadly, its the story of dealing with Indian CC.

What's your take on the S2 dilemma, the i9100 and i9100G. Samsung had packed it in a box which describes it as i9100 but the fact is some may be i9100 and some can be i9100G.

After reporting to FK, that they sell i9100G ,not i9100. Bcoz the manufacturer has given them the description.

Now shouldn't FK take up the responsibilty to list correct product with correct description ? Yes. Samsung is wrong but isn't FK responsible to correct the listing when user complains ?

1. I saw the image flipkart guys sent you. It does have Indian film board certification. So legally they are entitled to sell the product in Indian market.

2. You say that they have to stop selling the product as it has wrong region encoding. On your part you are correct.
But if out of 120 or 200 (whatever the number be), there are 2 complaints, what is the percentage of failure?
On top of it they have offered you replacement as well as full refund.As a reseller, they have given both the options they have.

3. Since you said that the issue is with the media company, they have contacted them as well.
Its a different story that those guys turned out to be bigger jack asses.

Now, think of a vendor who will be ready to do atleast this for a complaint which is 1st or 2nd after 120 or 200 sales (They are not legally bound to give you their sales figures).

I am not a flipkart fanboy, but think from their end. They have tried to help you to their best. If they were selling something illegal and you told them, then there might be a case.

Regarding solving the issue -
You should knock Disney's door. They are the culprits. Though they have got the Indian certification done, they are putting the wrong discs. If you want to go for any legal remedy, you have to go against Disney for selling illegal content and wrongly showing on the covers that its legal.

PS: Quick reply strips all newline chars and looks like I sh@t the whole thing in a paragraph. Sorry for that.

One more small point for which anyone can provide confirmation - Can the el-cheapo chinese DVD players and our low priced "Indian" brands (like Koryo) read any region discs?

If the answer is yes, then probably the percentage of irritated users will be quite less. Add to the fact that people buying a DVD set of LOST is going to be like 0.1% of the entire buyer population.

I salute your principles, but the numbers are against you. I don't think you will get a solution for this until someone high up in the management gets a look at this and realizes that this can be a legal problem as well.

Back