Flipkart’s shady business practices.

Have returned the packet and asked for refund. But, I do not agree with the "if every is doing it/ or if its rampant, it is acceptable or I should live with it. Not holding FK (legally) responsible here, but will (still) seek an answer from Disney. Atleast till it is not too time consuming or eating my money. Have contacted Disney many times, but their last reply came on 1st June (asking me to contact FK for further help). Have sent 5 reminders to them (including opening 2 new support tickets), but they haven't even responded.
May be (MAY BE) I will try consumer court/ akosha.com (suggested by a user on some other board), if Disney is not willing to give a reasonable explanation, provided they even want to.

^ that reminds me of another dvd release by Disney. Some guys here had bought Tailspin and some other popular cartoon from FK. i think some members received wrong episodes in dvd volumes. And some dvd's were not mastered correctly such that they didn't even play on pc or dvd player due to some codec issue or something like that.

Seems time to blacklist Disney's dvd releases. They simply don't care for quality in production and just want to unload stuff on people.
I for one, will not buy their products.

^ that reminds me of another dvd release by Disney. Some guys here had bought Tailspin and some other popular cartoon from FK. i think some members received wrong episodes in dvd volumes. And some dvd's were not mastered correctly such that they didn't even play on pc or dvd player due to some codec issue or something like that.

Seems time to blacklist Disney's dvd releases. They simply don't care for quality in production and just want to unload stuff on people.
I for one, will not buy their products.
This is exactly why *ahem* means seem a better deal :annoyed:

Disney enjoys the advantage that the consumers havent got any other option than purchasing exclusive content from them. They has been very sub standard and careless about their 'Indian' content.
Not only did their disc failed to comply with Indian ps3 (a legit player i would like to call it), the quality of the disc were poor as well. Talking about their Talespin and Ducktales (hindi) stuff.

The disc boxes has incorrect spelling, the box art could have been better. TS discs have got no images printed on em.
The dvds were thin, the types which ll make you feel they did it to cut costs when u run the finger along the edges.
Then there were the disc boxes. Thin types.. made to enclose the discs. Wrestle with the box every time to open em, and the clamps will break if you did it casually. In many cases, the central clamp which held the disc was depressed permanently or its teeth were broken. One of the disc my friend has, has got an irregular shape on the data side.. and doesnt plays on a dvd player where other disney discs of the same lot are playing fine.

None of the discs have been remastered like their American counterparts, and they have retained the letterbox format. Their CC has been poor as well.
So blunders in every area. Only makes u think that they saw an opportunity to cut a decent profit due to demand, and to bring out the product quickly.. they just fed the data from their stash directly onto substandard dvds. Knowing that cheap pricing will attract more buyers, and by virtue of its population.. a decent demand in India will mean big sale numbers.

Only the fact that we got good old memories back makes these glaring aberrations not so cringe worthy.
But disappointing stuff tbh.

Sorry for being offtopic here. Do they call us for confirmation about COD orders for more than 1k ? I never ordered Items for more than 1k.

Well @ mayank I think you deserve to be congratulated, having products shipped to you from Disney is no small achievement.

Moral of the story: Do not be tempted by discounts , free offers , lucky prize etc . Nothing is free in this world.Pay good price expect good quality and service.

For electronic items better to see it functioning before purchasing.No one knows how they handle a product during transit, lets say XYZ ships a monitor to your address but some clumsy courier guy frustrated and unhappy with himself just tosses the product around as though it were nothing.

The monitor arrives at your place, you find it defective, now you raise this with the manufacture ( xyz company). The company remember testing it and sending you the product in working condition. So after a few discussions you decide to send the product back.

So now you have to send it back if they have a return policy and waste money and time etc etc .This was supposed to be quicker but now is taking longer time.So short cut did not pay.

Wouldn't it have been wiser to go see and bring home the product ,taking care of the delivery yourself .
There is much ambiguity in online purchases , the transit company would Blame the manufacture, the manufacturer would blame the transit company or even you for using the product improperly. Also is the transit company it would be difficult to find out who actually had anything to so with it.

Usually these are marked handle with care , this side up etc etc but do you really think the boys are educated to actually care what is written,they may not even make the effort.

There is a lot riding on luck here. You could get in fine condition or you could not. Almost everyone who has shopped online has had one or two negative experiences if not more. But I guess the lure of using our credit cards and net banking and Debit cards is too hard to resist.

I am not saying that all online deliveries are bad , but just to be safe get it yourself.

So finally all's well that ends well. As long as each lesson makes us wiser.

Recently I purchased a combo of 7 comic books(Holy Cow Combo) from FK(though not that expensive and critical)...
Received them in 2 days time...but a couple of the book covers were somewhat old/worn-out....so called customer care and they told they dont have stock for replacement but can refund the full amount..but I wanted to keep them.. So they proposed a Rs.50 credit to my FK wallet, to which I agreed ;)
This was a first from FK in terms of somewhat worn-out book covers...I guess it was due to the 7 books being kept in one single plastic envelope and the covers getting worn during transit... the packing should have been better....
I think, this issue seems to have arisen due to "WS Retail" doing the work for FK....
I have previously ordered a few comic books before this and they were superbly packed(with buble wrap, cardboard, duct tape)
I mentioned the same in the WS Retail feedback...:mad:
Hoping things get better....:D

Recently I purchased a combo of 7 comic books(Holy Cow Combo) from FK(though not that expensive and critical)...
Received them in 2 days time...but a couple of the book covers were somewhat old/worn-out....so called customer care and they told they dont have stock for replacement but can refund the full amount..but I wanted to keep them.. So they proposed a Rs.50 credit to my FK wallet, to which I agreed ;)
This was a first from FK in terms of somewhat worn-out book covers...I guess it was due to the 7 books being kept in one single plastic envelope and the covers getting worn during transit... the packing should have been better....
I think, this issue seems to have arisen due to "WS Retail" doing the work for FK....
I have previously ordered a few comic books before this and they were superbly packed(with buble wrap, cardboard, duct tape)
I mentioned the same in the WS Retail feedback...:mad:
Hoping things get better....:D
Mate, WS Retail is flipkart's legal name....

Ordered a reebok reecharge deo from FK and got a reebok reeplay on which the reecharge sticker was applied.
Shame on you Flipkart.

Sorry to bump this thread up but I think Flipkart is purposely stopping third party sellers from shipping all over India. Probably some kind of protection for Wsretail.

Take my case. My pin code is 401209.
On flipkart, none of the sellers ship to my address except wsretail.
Go to Amazon or EBay and the same sellers (like ehardwarestation, primeabgb, it wares, etc) ship.

I even sent them (Fk) a feedback asking about this and got no response.
Fk is dead for me. Won't even bother searching or buying stuff from them anymore. :|

Edit: see this example of Amd Fx8320.
On fk : www.flipkart.com/amd-3-5-ghz-am3-fx-8320-8-core-piledriver-processor/p/itmdgh4ctftqmpfd?pid=PSRDGH4CZHPW2VX8&otracker=search&pin=401209

On Amazon: www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B009O7YU56/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1392959580&sr=8-1&pi=SL75
Common sellers on both sites. On Amazon I actually bought from ehardwarestation who is not selling the proccy at present.

Last edited:
Go to Amazon or EBay and the same sellers (like ehardwarestation, primeabgb, it wares, etc) ship.
I even sent them (Fk) a feedback asking about this and got no response.

I have a similar issue, but only for products exceeding 10k.
Reason they give is that their courier partners dont have an agreement for commodities >10k.

Quite honestly, that is pure BS. Letsbuy delivered product worth >12k via Aramex. And my house falls in a pretty well connected and coveted part of my town. Esp when they say that they cannot deliver to an area which is a residential sector of defense personnels, it really is stupidity maxxed out from FK.
All this on top of their min 500/- order for a free home delivery.. Seems like they really dont want to do business.

@6pack same for me.. Most seller don't ship to mumbai, Incase of octroi, ekart logistics bears the same.. Maybe if the sellers don't want to bear octroi charges they don't ship to mumbai at all. The same sellers do ship to Manipal.

Normally I have sad and bad experiences with flipkart, but I purchased stuff using the 1000 off clothing coupon with moto g, and order was delivered from bangalore to mumbai in 30 hours.. Despite me not choosing one day delivery.. Only good experience with flipkart..

I cannot see one of my reviews which I had put up for an LG LED. Seller was WSRetail. It shows four reviews done, but three show up.

Prime & itwares are located in Mumbai. Why wont they ship within city limits? Octroi is only applicable for items coming from outside city limits right? For Mumbai to mumbai delivery, the courier wont even go past toll/check naka.

Take my case. My pin code is 401209.
On flipkart, none of the sellers ship to my address except wsretail.
Shows four sellers shipping to my location ( in GJ) . Strange, I wonder if they bar some areas based on pincode (octroi etc). Also, some states that demand extra shipping forms and so forth.

If they bar some areas, why does only wsretail ship to those areas then?
Even if extra forms were required, then it should be the same with eBay and Amazon too. I'm seeing this with all items on fk. From a small pendrive to books etc. Seems some sort of black list. Either they hate me or the area i live in.

Back