Flipkart deals

Just bought a Panasonic AC from them. It does not have open box delivery. Should I be worried?
Unfortunately yes. If you haven't gotten an extraordinary deal which is worth the risk, I would not touch fk. Their customer support is non existent.

Best move if you get duped by fk is to just approach Ingram or pggram and file a consumer case. Don't bother with their customer care.

I recently purchased an LG AC from Flipkart, seller was IWQNBecommerce. It was delivered to Pune promptly as per expected delivery date (Next day so +1), and installation was done (Jeeves Consumer Services) a day before expected installation day (showed +4, was done +3).
I would say you should be fine. Negativity bias is real. We see more negative stories, there are more positive stories but someone is unlikely to take it to social media/forums if their order was delivered and installed on time.

I recently purchased an LG AC from Flipkart, seller was IWQNBecommerce. It was delivered to Pune promptly as per expected delivery date (Next day so +1), and installation was done (Jeeves Consumer Services) a day before expected installation day (showed +4, was done +3).
I would say you should be fine. Negativity bias is real. We see more negative stories, there are more positive stories but someone is unlikely to take it to social media/forums if their order was delivered and installed on time.
Exactly. We don't post every time we have a good experience because that is the default expectation.

In case of AC, FK's page clearly says you can contact customer care within 7 days if you receive wrong item or something is missing since it's not OBD. For other things, AC companies will provide on-site service. I don't understand the reason for all the paranoia.

I have received wrong product (refrigerator) after ordering from store. This is not a new phenomenon, these things have always happened. Godrej had just sent the correct refrigerator 2 days later and taken the other one back. It will work the same way in case of Flipkart as well.

Installation people themselves takes unboxing video these days for large appliances. So there's nothing to worry about.

So i had ordered some Karachi Bakery cookies yesterday

..later tried to cancel it yesterday only due to poor reviews and when delivery was showing tomorrow and it had not even like packed or in process when i tried to cancel.

Initially it showed about me getting refund and I cancelled the order. Now it is is suddenly back in process and shows about to be shipped.

When I tried talking to Customer care they say it is not eligible for cancellation but i can deny to accept the product.
When did this rule came that order that has not even been shipped is no longer getting cancelled.

The Customer Care executive was trying her best but I said dont send feedback thing because it is going to be negative. I made sure my conversation clearly blamed the company policy for being so bad .

Anyways even biscuits are to be thought twice before ordering from Flipkart.

So i had ordered some Karachi Bakery cookies yesterday

..later tried to cancel it yesterday only due to poor reviews and when delivery was showing tomorrow and it had not even like packed or in process when i tried to cancel.

Initially it showed about me getting refund and I cancelled the order. Now it is is suddenly back in process and shows about to be shipped.

When I tried talking to Customer care they say it is not eligible for cancellation but i can deny to accept the product.
When did this rule came that order that has not even been shipped is no longer getting cancelled.

The Customer Care executive was trying her best but I said dont send feedback thing because it is going to be negative. I made sure my conversation clearly blamed the company policy for being so bad .

Anyways even biscuits are to be thought twice before ordering from Flipkart.
Man why are you buying biscuits from Flipkart. Their logistics and warehousing isn’t known/equipped to handle perishable consumables well. They can barely manage electronics. Same with Amazon. Amazon is still a hit or a miss sometimes. Both of them are also flooded with fake apparels and shoes. I think we’ve gone over this a few times now. What they do (sort of) well is electronics, electrical and appliances. Stick to these categories and with open box delivery option because of surge of fakes and scams.

I know none of this is the consumers fault and the blame squarely lies with the platform/seller, but adjust your expectations to the reality that these platforms will try to shirk their responsibility as much as they can.

@m0h1t I realised it almost within 2 hrs and even cancelled it.
It even showed me refund amount and cancel option and I did that.
Later even cancel option was gone and today it showed delivery to be done. That is when I called customer care.

It literally forces you to take it the moment you pay.
There is no immediate cancellation also for these items it seems.

Anyways I am trying to get it cancelled now.
Will update.

@m0h1t I realised it almost within 2 hrs and even cancelled it.
It even showed me refund amount and cancel option and I did that.
Later even cancel option was gone and today it showed delivery to be done. That is when I called customer care.

It literally forces you to take it the moment you pay.
There is no immediate cancellation also for these items it seems.

Anyways I am trying to get it cancelled now.
Will update.
Switch to COD only delivery because you will see that sometimes delivery boy will forcefully keep the order at your door even if you want to reject delivery.

They will say I have already come and mera effort laga hai you cancel with flipkart, I will deliver now.

1714455397119.png

Back