User Guides Fooling a torrent tracker

Well its upto mods whther this topic is allowed or not
Well I don’t take any credit for this stuff…..as I found this trick on orkut on some community by luck…sorry I 4got its name ………

Ill b using bit comet for my e.g……..

Well as u know whenever wedownload a torrent it first connects to tracker which maintains site ratio stuff….and than we are allowed to connect to peer…so

Suppose we downloaded 100mb and simultaneously uploaded 10mb…our ratio calculated will be around say 0.1

Since we know our state of broadband in country..its tough to maintain good upload speed since download speed suffers……and also some broadband company caps upload speed to 1/4th of your download speed……

So if u have 256kbps unlimited net…maximum upload speed u can use
Is 64kbps that too when download is not on……

So in short its quite tough to maintain site ratio

And than finally u get banned….

So how to bypass this scenario
Well its quite simple

This is our normal bit comet screen
View attachment 2638
The last 2.48 gb file out of which I have downloaded 582 mb we concentrate on that……

Jus go on it right click ->go to properties

Properties go on advanced tab

We reach here

View attachment 2639
Now here is the trick

Jus as u see in tracker list a site name whose name I have blured say

Code:
http://tracker.ABC.us:6969/1720481/9c209  blah blah blah

Now jus before .us(dot us……which may be dot com in many cases) enter ENTER key

So the tracker list will go in next line like this

View attachment 2640

And so trick is done…….within a second tracker status will give an error

Error: Can not understand Tracker Protocol. in Tracker: .ABC.us:6969/1720481/9c209eda/announce.php
And u are done download will still continue

Now u can download Gbs of stuff..and tracker wont be able to track your download stuffs

And here is the screenshot of my my ratio frm that site

View attachment 2637

As u ppl can c

It says 35 mb I have download and ard 23 mb uploaded and my ratio is ard 0.69 which was 0.23 in morning..and will cross1 by night…lol(that too via mobile office stuff)
But u can see 582mb already downloaded...+a 4 gb file i did before

IT works with all sites..tried on many hindi movie sites..and yet havent received warning

OKK lemme tell abt some cons……
1::: U need to take care whenever u shut your pc and recheck whether settings work or not

2:: Also sometimes when u restart bit comet sometimes even download doesn’t start…so u need to reset stuff…and as soon as download starts…try the trick again……

3:: When trying stuff for first time its better u check your download is on or not…..if not wait for it to happen than try the trick

4:: Also if u delete the name of file just frm the screen(all the download contents remain there)…and thn re add the file that all settings gets resetted so u need to take care of that

5:: And the final one is I haven’t tested this on other torrent client

Hope this guide is usefull enough as this
Is my first attempt in guide section

Attachments

• pict 1.JPG
    pict 1.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 520
  • pict 2.JPG
    pict 2.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 476
  • pict 3.JPG
    pict 3.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 466
  • pict 4.JPG
    pict 4.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 613
super_saiyan said:
bah!!..this is not a trick...U are not fooling the tracker....you are fooled by the tracker...that guy whoever told u are fooling the tracker..
what u are doing is removing the private tracker frm tracking your peer...in other words you are downloading from DHT...:p..ie,its' as good as downloading a trackerless torrent..:p...but some people like me...disable the DHT while uploading(i do enable while i am downloading tough..:lol: :lol: )....so that people with such so called tricks dont upload from me..;)
but be happy...this will work with most of the private trackers where majority of people dont configure thier BT clients properly..
speeds will be slower than normal tracked torrents .. thats for sure....:p

Actually this is fooling the tracker as it connects to peers from the tracker and then when you edit the tracker url
it just doesn't update the tracker with your stats but keeps downloading from the peers you're already connected to.
Only thing is you won't be able to connect to any new peers that start leeching or seeding the torrent after you have edited the tracker url.

lol yup even i have been using ratio faking tools to increase my ratio for a long time :p

i think i have above 10 ratio in all the private trackers im a part of :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

Why would you want to do all this??
Agreed.. it's though to keep the ratio with our asymmetrical connections... but still.. you are biting the hand that feeds us right??

If you didnt know this this might come to you as a surprise ...some very well known websites have taken up dukes in ways unknown to most of us . i am sorry i didnt post this earlier .

Now you know of some trackers where the passkey system is in use . we all know a get around is to remove the passkey after the announce url and there is a good chance you will get connected to the tracker . now imagine peerguardian only in reverse . the tracker along with some good ips of scraps will also start sending you IP's which belong to various government organizations .
Then imagine you PC trying to connect to the ips . at the firewall , you ip gets recorded . you session details are always available at your isp . so there is really no escaping if they get session details from your isp .

Trust me when i say , go with public trackers if you cant maintain ratios on private ones .

If you totally remove the tracker url the torrent still works and you won't get connected to those government ip's either but i do agree that people who can't maintain good ratios should stick to public trackers only problem is some things just aren't there on public trackers

Everything is there on public trackers, just the speeds are dodgy. For every 1 thing that public trackers don't have, there will be 10 things private trackers won't have.

Private trackers are best for stuff that's less than a month old :p, while old movies, games and books can only be found on public trackers.

Well for one i don't see too many hd movies on public trackers and even if i find any they usually have awful speeds.

saumilsingh said:
Everything is there on public trackers, just the speeds are dodgy. For every 1 thing that public trackers don't have, there will be 10 things private trackers won't have.

Private trackers are best for stuff that's less than a month old :p, while old movies, games and books can only be found on public trackers.

you are absolutely right. for latest stuff private trackers are the best. private trackers remove the torrent after some time.

Back