Formula One : Hungarian Grand Prix

Felipe Massa signs for Ferrari
By Phil Huff - July 31 2005

Team boss Peter Sauber has all but confirmed that Felipe Massa is moving to Ferrari next season as replacement to the BAR Honda bound Rubens Barrichello.

"I would have liked to keep Felipe with my team for one more year, but it's too late now," Peter Sauber told Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport.

Felipe Massa also nearly confirmed his move to the Italian team, telling the same newspaper that he is "in a good position, thanks to the good season I'm having. Ferrari is my dream and it would be a fascinating experience, as long as you have a competitive car, which I would demand from Ferrari or others.

"Being team mate with Schumacher? It wouldn't be a problem. He's my reference point. If I beat him, then it would mean I'm on my way to become a champion myself."

Official announcements are expected within the next three weeks.

Source

wonderful news :clap:

massa was touted to be a ferrari driver coz he was working as a test driver for Ferrari before he joined sauber again.....

Drivers:

F.Alonso - 87
K.Räikkönen - 61
M.Schumacher - 55

Constructors:

Renault - 117
McLaren-Mercedes - 105
Ferrari - 86

Two exciting pieces of news for F1 fans:
F1 Central said:
Massa joins Ferrari

A statement just released confirms that Felipe Massa will, as has been expected, race for Ferrari in the 2006 season.

The Brazillian Sauber driver, a former test driver for the Maranello concern, has been rumoured to take the place of Rubens Barrichello for some time.

The statement goes on to thank Barrichello for his valued help over the past few seasons.

Barrichello himself has been the subject of much speculation of late, with many believing a deal has been done for him to join BAR-Honda for next season.
F1 Central said:
New qualifying system for 2006

A radical new qualifying system will be installed for the start of the 2006 season, it is reported.

Several media outlets claim that team bosses have now agreed to scrap the current single-lap format in favour of a sort of 'knockout' competition, which gives each driver a maximum of four laps.

The first lap will be completed in an initial 15-minute period, when - at the end - the five slowest cars are eliminated and locked in positions sixteen through twenty.

A second quarter-hour will determine grid slots 11 to 15, before a final shootout for pole and the top spots. A five minute gap is to separate each block of action.

Has it been decided already. I dont think so.
There was other suggestion for having two 25 minute periods with no fuel restrictions or no of laps and the best lap of both session be added to reach the grid position.

Renegade said:
Has it been decided already. I dont think so.
There was other suggestion for having two 25 minute periods with no fuel restrictions or no of laps and the best lap of both session be added to reach the grid position.
that wud seriously seriously suck, i wud rather hope they stay with the current one flying lap format

narain was 12th in hungary ;)

@Ren...I think this knockout format has been decided already. so, it will be in place start 2006.

Last edited by a moderator:
Narain Karthikeyan did not deny a rumour that his F1 sponsor, Tata, is considering setting up an Indian formula one team.

The $14 billion Tata Group, one of the biggest business conglomerates in the hugely populous country, has been a staunch backer of Indian rookie Karthikeyan's maiden year in the sport with Jordan.

Asked about the reports, the 28-year-old said in India: ''This is just a rumour. If it comes true, it will be good. That's quite a while away.''

Further strengthening the notion of Tata's support for Narain, the slight-looking driver continued to muse about a switch to a different team for 2006. ''I haven't ruled out turning up for a new team,'' he told a news conference.

Karthikeyan also rekindled talk about an Indian grand prix, revealing that he would soon meet with government minister J. Jayalalithaa to discuss support for the concept.

''Without help from the government,'' the Jordan ace mused, ''it's mission impossible.

''If China can have one, why not India?''
Source: F1 Central

now tats some news if it comes true :D

Barrichello to BAR - Its Official Now!
Another of formula one's badly kept secrets is now a fact -- Rubens Barrichello will steer a BAR from 2006 on a 'multi year' deal.

The highly experienced Brazilian, whose latest stint is six years alongside Michael Schumacher at Ferrari, says he felt a 'renewed motivation' was in order to target the drivers' title.

''I have been watching BAR Honda's progress for some time,'' the 33-year-old winner of nine grands prix said.

''I wish to thank everyone at Ferrari for six fantastic years.''

BAR CEO Nick Fry, meanwhile, also thanked Ferrari, for 'their cooperation' in allowing Barrichello to join BAR even though the Maranello team had him under 2006 contract.

It's, therefore, ironic that the Paulista is - effectively - replacing Jenson Button, whose 2006 employer, Williams, will not similarly let him go.

Rubens Barrichello, who debuted in 1993, is - after Schumacher - the second most experienced driver on the grid.
Source: F1Central

Back