Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nico Rosberg

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Revolution

Skilled
2013 Formula One season starting.
Race one Australian Grand Prix on Mar 17.
Today Qualifying.
I will miss Michael Schumacher. :(

Pirelli_Formula2013.jpg

Was hoping someone would start a F1 thread. Was feeling too lazy to take the initiative.

First Qualifying - To summarize the event 'Disaster but fun'. Only the first part of 3 qualifyings was held. The remaining 2 will be held tomorrow before the race. Wondering if it will be broadcasted.

For the first time I missed Steve Slater but in a good way.

Have to wake up at 5:30AM now. Hope it'll be dry.

Do keep me posted mate.

Been sleeping for only 3-4 hours since the last few days and really need some sleep. Even bought a water pistol today to blast the annoying crow should he/she dare to disturb me.

The Lotus steer into the Q3 by the skin of their teeth.

And manage an unimpressive 7and 8. That's it from us at Albert Park. Time to go back to sleep.

@Renegade - What happened to the Lotus cars? I guess with Lewis & Nico qualifying well ahead of Button & Perez, McLaren landed with an egg on their face especially thanks to their comments that Lewis will regret his move to Mercedes. I know the season has just started & McLaren is good at developing the car but I am sure a lot of Hammy fanboys will ridicule McLaren & Twitmarsh.

Me too surprised.
Hope he not retired yet like Michael Schumacher.

Truth be told I used to like him before when he was paired with Chris Goodwin.
Also since the day the ice man had an ice cream his constant jokes about Kimi really used to get on my nerves. I would have preferred Karun joining Steve.

Last edited by a moderator:
@tifosi hope the track dries up & remains that way.

Red Bull should be nominated for best bluffer award & best sand bagger award.

Reliability is a question on Vettel's car didn't he have a hydraulic problem in practice 3 & kers issue before that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Riddance to Steve Slater.. I was hoping the day would come we wouldn't have to hear his stupid commentary on the TV. I guess the broadcasters finally came across the feedback of viewers on the internet.

Anyways, getting back to the racing, while it's still early days.. it's very clear that Red Bull were heavily sandbagging in the pre season testing. Mercedes however seem to finally be getting their Gazillion $ worth talent to put together a car that can atleast appear to keep pace with the top if not fight for it. Quite clearly they are the most improved team. Ferrari seem the most closest match to Mercedes and arguably there's little or nothing between the 2. Having said that, i believe this year the gap to Red Bull and the Merc/Ferrari pack seems to be around .200 of a second or roundabouts.

Lotus i'm a bit disappointed.. but the car was always known to lack top end grunt. Aerodynamically it's good.. it just lacks that "extra" to get them up there. FI and the rest seem no surprises.

The biggest loser this far... Mclaren! I gotta imagine LH would be might pleased with himself right now having bailed ship for Mercedes. Whereas for Button.. lol... i always said he was a 1 championship wonder.. and that too not for his overtly awesome driving.. not that he's a bad driver.. far from it.. he just depends too much on having the "perfect car" and thats where he can't muster up to overcoming the car.

@Renegade - What happened to the Lotus cars?
They just had one lap on supersofts and couldnt warm them enough.

Their race pace seems good and much better in straights than last year. Kimi moves upto 4th and gradually closes in towards the Ferraris, away from Hamilton in 5th. Looks like a successful season for a fan like me.

Last edited:
Looks right now that Merc struggle again with race pace.. Lotus again surprising with the opposite.. 1 lap runs don't make them good start positions but they do pretty good in race trim!

I wish I had the F1 timing app. Seems very useful to have an eye on everything. If only it were cheaper than the current price of 1850.

The Lotuses and the Ferraris are looking really good. Hope they can sustain this pace and form for the rest of the season. Oh damn! That was close for Alonso! It could have ruined his race with just 3 laps to go.

Back