FS: Assorted Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
update on OP, and bump!

Edit: Alien DAC available again. Total list of available items:

Alien DAC

TT Silent Tower

Byte 5.1 speakers

Id like to apologise for backing out from buying SB Live card.

Sangram was kind enough to keep it on hold for me. And I had planned to drop in Mumbai for a day just to get this card. I would have loved to get this card which bears his signature. Vintage yet upgraded with great sound.

Backing out cos Im getting a card from Burnz, also some change of plans on the personal front.

Thanks to the mod for cleaning up the offending posts.

The GTS 640 may be back on sale soon. Will update progress as soon as I know for sure.

Hi, one question. I know you don't have a cam to click pics, but does the Alien DAC come with a case or is it a PCB board with all the components ?

It is mounted on a PC board, and the board is mounted on a PCI bracket. The output is available through a 3.5mm jack. The entire assembly takes up one PCI slot, and connects to a motherboard internal USB header (the ones you connect the front USB ports to) using a corresponding male jack. No other connection is needed, the board uses the +5V or 5Vsb line depending on your board (+5V is most common for the headers, whereas back panel ports usually run off the 5Vsb line).

Sangram sir,
some 'rockyman' PMed me to let go of the cabby coz he can't afford a good case right now.
Wants me to let him take a look at it.
I am ok with it and he may take it if he finds it useful- if that's ok with you.
(this has no bearing on my commitment to the case, which is marked 'on hold' just coz i haven't been able to get it to my place as you know. :))

I'm fine either way. The call is yours, as you've already confirmed it. He's probably coming today to take a look. We'll speak once he's seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back