Fuel price updates thread

malhotraraul

Skilled
Oil companies will hike petrol prices by about Rs 3 per litre from Thursday night. This is the second big hike in four months. The decision was taken after a meeting of the heads of oil companies.

Petrol prices have been raised because of the weakening of the Indian rupee against dollar.

Oil retailers claim they are losing Rs 15 crore per day due to the big gap in global and domestic prices.

In Delhi, petrol costs Rs 63.70 per litre and it will shoot up to Rs 66.70 per litre.

In Kolkata, petrol is already Rs 68 per litre and with this decision it will go up to Rs 71 per litre.

Similarly for Mumbai, petrol prices will go up to Rs 71.62 per litre.

In Chennai too, it will cross Rs 70 per litre as opposed to the current rate of Rs 67.50.

Petrol price increased by Rs3.14 per litre.

Re: Petrol price increased by Rs3.14 per litre.

I need a bicycle now to travel 32km daily. :S

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

It may rise further in years to come.. rather than saving gold, we better save petrol and sell it in future ;)

Metalspree said:
Dammit not again :mad: :mad:.

Petrol prices are increasing faster than Gold and Diamonds:(.

This is terrible! Petrol already costs almost Rs. 73/- in Bangalore, now it will be Rs 76!!

These companies are so eager raise prices when Rupee is weakening, but will never reduce the price when rupee appreciates.

Why the hell will they not increase the bloody diesel prices. Why petrol? What did it ever do to them? :(

got two petrol cars..bot with an avg of just 10....we've had enough.. not waiting till Diwali...will coerce dad into buyin a new diesel asap

Thats really what I think too... But sadly it doesnt go that way in a big country like ours... I will need to pay 71 daily from now on :(

Metalspree said:
What will these companies do when no one fills up their vehicles ??.

this idiots want some reason to increase the prices. Did they decrease the prices when Crude went to $80 Damn... because of this all other prices will be raised..
petrol One lt = 100 Rs is not a distant dream seems :(

I am gonna buy a big water tank like those 1000L ones, fill it with Petrol and then use it as I need :p

ankitmane said:
will the diesel prices remain constant?
Diesel price untouch.
mjumrani said:
Why the hell will they not increase the bloody diesel prices. Why petrol? What did it ever do to them? :(
Diesel price have cascading effects on commodities.One should be happy only petrol touched.If even diesel price is increased by a rupee the tomato and onion you & we eat will get dearer by 2rs a kg.Hence the rates of Dominos increases .ANd that way my favourite stock jubilant foods price increases.:bleh:
urssriks said:
this idiots want some reason to increase the prices. Did they decrease the prices when Crude went to $80 Damn... because of this all other prices will be raised..
petrol One lt = 100 Rs is not a distant dream seems :(

Its not because of international rise.On contrary fuel is cheaper or have fallen below 85 dollar as condition in llibya improving hence stock might start coming from them.Its because of forex and rupee going past 48 in terms of dollar.In short rupee used to buy forign fuel have made this price rise.Need not worry i guess by 2012 price will go down as all will start preparing for election of 2014.Its sure Congress needs to find a magic wand before the elections else their next 15 years will be too hard to survive.

Ah, we just bought a diesel hatch 1 month back. Lets see how long it takes till the diesel prices are deregulated as well...

Petrol prices up by Rs.3.14? Big deal ! Had to happen today!!! Here's why:-

[1] Sonia madam has resumed office so normalcy returns to the Looting and Pillaging Dept (they need to make up for the loss that they incurred in her absence all due to that anti-social Anna, they couldn't find ways to fleece people without Sonia Madam's ideas)

[2] Kasab wants pizza from Dominos and we need to pay extra to feed him (pizzas are not as cheap as biryani)

[3] Congress is in power till 2014 so this is what they will do - loot us and then loot us some more! Time is money so continue looting us.

[4] Distraction and deception - plant a bomb to divert public attention and then quietly loot us some more with some price hikes!

I predict a popular uprising and riots soon! Wait and watch! The Congress govt. needs to be overthrown.

Back