Fuel price updates thread

Who was that bast**d Who told for every Dollar Falling against Rupee will Decrease Litre Petrol price by 0.33paise. Do we Citizens look like Idiots??:23:The Hindu : News / National : Petrol price cut by Rs. 0.56 a litre
They currently lose Rs 11.65 per liter on diesel, Rs 33.93 on kerosene sold through PDS and Rs 468.50 per 14.2-kg domestic cooking gas cylinder.
At this rate, the three firms are projected to lose Rs 160,000 crore in revenue on sale of the three products during the current fiscal, IOC added.

they will reduce 2 rupees now till end of diwali and increase 10 rupees after that saying they lost 500 crores or something. its just another excuse to increase prices once again.

Any particular reason you are holding to HPCL which has less than 1% net profit margin for a long time.

Some family attachment. It was the stock which we sold in profit in old days before pan era set and my family exited stock trading then being financially illiterate.
Also being PSU company its dividends are good.But i have bought at higher rate.
And now my investment criteria has changed to invest only in stocks which are debt free and have good cash flow where it doesn't stand.Ill exit at profit until than will wait for dividends.

Emotions and stock markets dont mix well :)

Didnt know that HPCL gives good dividends. Hope you exit at a profit soon.

Check this out, might help you

Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd. Fundamental Analysis of Performance, Ratio, Net, Margin Trend and Profitability

Thanks.

I know oil companies are on mercy of government .Its an old buy but hardly any big quanity.Just 10 shares at 390.
Bought during time when gurus use to say invest in different field.Later i came to know even cash flow and debts need to be checked.

Will exit even if it touch 410-420 price.

Anyways if still someone wants to buy .Buy BPCL because if fill petrol from them and their petrol gives decent mileage plus today my car breaks failed and it was BPCL mechanic who came to my rescue...:lol:.

State-owned oil marketing company Indian Oil today cut the price of petrol by 95 paise per litre, minus state levies, effective midnight.

Petrol prices were last revised on October 27, when they were raised by 29 paise to Rs 68.19 per litre in Delhi, after the government increased the commission paid to petrol pump dealers.

Source : NDTV.com

Back