Fuel price updates thread

One at a time buddy, i dont understand why mamtaji just doing yak yak, why don't she take her support back so that the government collapses & we go into midterm elections.

Good time to keep Kangress away for atleast 20 years.

But Mulayam & Mamta is just part of the same boat, both have got billions in package.

^^ They could have raised income taxes so that petrol and diesel prices can be kept low. Dont you care for the poor people driving a diesel BMW? People are suffering you know. Oh the humanity!

no matter who's over is in the center, the price increase would had happened.. and yeah its must..

i don't see any reason behind providing subsidy for petrol/diesel cars/bikes since they are luxurious item, and who drives them really got handful of money to pay for it. But for farmers and transport biz.. they should have it :)

It should be the stat government concern, to lay min. VAT on petroleum items, which will surely bring down the price considerably.

Fire fighting is what our government does. There is no what so ever planning and long term commitment for growth and increase of living standards. Just cause we were the 2nd fastest growing economy in the world, and other BS nomenclatures pegged by investments hounds like GMS. Things just do not run on their own. Constant vigilance and rigorous maintenance of policy is mandatory. Sadly we cannot do that. Heck, we could not even manage our coal for the past 15 years or something. Something directly bound to industrial output. At times I think: How come the situation is not "worse" than it is. Seriously India is blessed, to keep on running like this. We are a fortunate nation, to still be chugging around. But all devices run out of steam one day or another.

^ European or American countries would made some amendments to reach some solution, but like u said, only CHALEGA & DEKH LENGE mentality is keeping us down.

Government is doing what it wants, billions are being looted & all we do is talk, then price factor, we talk again, then some other scam, bomb blast, terrorist attack, India winning T20 cup or loosing, maybe some high profile sex scandal or murder, saif marrying Karina.

All this will be forgotten in a week & we continue to live like this no matter what.

run to work from home. in a few years probably the country might have 1 or 2 long distance marathon winners in some future olympics event.

I wonder where is all the petrol from reliance oil rigs going to?
Why are we still importing, when we have our own oil rigs and the largest oil rifinery in the world?

RIL Jamnagar refinery imports crude and then process it into various products (petrol, diesel, kerosene etc) and then exports it. Hence the name JERP (Jamnagar export refinery Project). Apparently selling to other countries is more profitable than in india and the fuel produced is also of high grade meeting international fuel standards. The rigs are not oil rigs. They are so to speak GAS rigs and natural gas is found in blocks bought by RIL and not crude. I am a RIL employee

^ European or American countries would made some amendments to reach some solution, but like u said, only CHALEGA & DEKH LENGE mentality is keeping us down.

Slight OT but I dont understand why people keep saying America/Europeans are better.

When you make that distinction I guess you have not heard of the upcoming fiscal cliff in the "Americas". It has been pending since last 3 years in US congress but they can't make up their mind. If it hits, the situation will be worse 10 more Rupees for petrol/diesel, high unemployment and economy slowdown.
use public transport , use carpooling , cycle to work

and i think europe pays more for diesel than india does!

kippu I guess you need a read of the Bloomberg article I posted:
http://www.techenclave.com/general-talk/petrol-price-increased-rs3-14-a-120487/p9/#post1705309
Relative price of fuel in India is very high.

Yeah international prices are down , Shell is now cheaper than PSU's so expect prices to fall

Back