Full form of hp= Harassment Packard

To concur what everyone said above, getting a good functional, proper laptop has became a game of lucky draw rather than a reality. I was a ex-dell user, got the priciest laptop in 2010 and I got what everything I asked for... 500 gb hdd, 4670 graphics, i7 power horse. But Dell screwed it with poor chassis design which mead to incomplete heat dissipation, hence cpu throttling, meaning I couldn't utilise the full potential of my laptop coz some idiot in Dell didn't knew the TDP of i7 gen 1 and he ce poor design.
I got a HPz and it is a downgrade from my earlier one, but at the end of day, I have a functional laptop. And that is what matters to me. Experiences will vary but the common denominator among them is the after sales support.

Gone were the days when companies allowed you to upgrade the parts. Now they know they can milk you in the name of updates. Your probability of getting the provision to update would increase if your budget increases. With everything soldered these days, they are the most favourites among companies as it helps to keep costs down which is passed to customers.

With the amount you are spending, I would go to the respective shop and get all my doubts cleared. They will guide you the correct models if upgrade is your priority. But you need to show them that you are serious about purchasing. Most sales representatives are trained to blabber only that much which is needed for an average customer. When you show interest, then they go to lengths in helping you out.
Dell was good some 10yrs ago now its a piece of plastic trash with inferior build quality. Of those older builds, IBM thinkpad are solid but hard to get, very durable!
Right now I'm using HP my only and first laptop and just loving it from all aspects except battery life.

Last edited:
Which model?
Dell was good some 10yrs ago now its a piece of plastic trash with inferior build quality. Of those older builds, IBM thinkpad are solid but but hard to get, very durable!
Right I'm using HP my only and first laptop and just loving it from all aspects except battery life.
@OMEGA44-XT @nRiTeCh @Kaleen Bhaiya @lockhrt999
Update
The engineer visited my cousins place. First he made excuses that its sealed by hp and he needs to open the seal and what not. Then he started saying that he will reject it because as per him the sound from hinges is normal, after he saw the video made by my cousin. My cousin fed up from all this gave him chai paani and he instantly approved it. Flipkart started showing pickup for today and he even got an out for pikcup message in the morning. But he just received a message that the same has been rescheduled. He called the company number in the sms multiple times but no one answered. He called the customer support 10 times, but responses were sir system nahi chal raha call again, sir we have taken feedback, sir garmi karke rescheduled, sir its system error blah blah. Is there any escalation or some other mail id which is serious about listening to customers? I have no idea why they are still in business.

Last edited:
It's normal for them to reschedule the pickup. It'll eventually happen later in the day.
Flipkart support said that they have taken request after like a 100th call and that they will resolve by 30th June. One of the agents said that pickup guy has updated customer was handing over wrong product. BC noone came to pick it up in the first place. My cousin shouted at them that he can show his house's cctv footage. The agent put the call on hold to talk to his supervisor but never came back.
Sir the hinges in your laptop, are these superior when compared to thr hinges in the pavilion 15 series?

Sir the hinges in your laptop, are these superior when compared to thr hinges in the pavilion 15 series?
Those are steel ones and made to last long but of course one needs to exercise caution while bending/folding etc. But they wont crack easily but might get misaligned from their place which can be fixed but again its better to handle any laptop precisely!

Flipkart support said that they have taken request after like a 100th call and that they will resolve by 30th June. One of the agents said that pickup guy has updated customer was handing over wrong product. BC noone came to pick it up in the first place. My cousin shouted at them that he can show his house's cctv footage. The agent put the call on hold to talk to his supervisor but never came back.
It's becoming flipkart horror story now.

The payment was made through axis fk card. Can chargeback be raised for this high value amount? How?
Not now as anyways been days the transaction took place and it was with consent not accidental or otherwise.
The inquiry will go through flopkart and more issues and pain will arise so better first concentrate on getting refund as in the existing flop kart thing and simultaneously lodge consumer court complaint on the site. You can also ask for mental harassment damages which can fetch you few more bucks..

Not now as anyways been days the transaction took place and it was with consent not accidental or otherwise.
The inquiry will go through flopkart and more issues and pain will arise so better first concentrate on getting refund as in the existing flop kart thing and simultaneously lodge consumer court complaint on the site. You can also ask for mental harassment damages which can fetch you few more bucks..
Yes the transaction was with consent but the product is DOA and the merchant/website is not taking it back. What issues and pain can this cause?

Update
Pickup team is a big time chor too. First they kept on delaying that customer not at home after 1000's of calls. Once they updated return cancelled as customer decided to keep the product. It took 2 hours to explain them what are we going to do with the DOA unit? Finally they picked up few days back. Their phone team said refund in 48 hours. No refund. Called them again and now they are saying courier team has not updated the pickup. They asked us are we sure that it is conpleted? Checked their website it is still saying pickup not completed. No sms received about the same too. What should we do now? Nch is not replying.

Just asking considering the high value ticket item and you faced so much issues... did you make a video of return pickup so that you have some kind of proof for who collected and when it was picked up.

I faced a situation in past where I returned a product (~5k rs value) and Flipkart denied my refund saying they received a different product than what I was suppose to return. Luckily we had CCTV installed and I gave them the video. Only after that they honored my refund but it took more than 2 weeks time and a dozen phone calls and a threat to file a consumer court case.

After that incidence, I always record unboxing and return pickups even if the product is worth 100 rs.

Last edited:
Just asking considering the high value ticket item and you faced so much issues... did you make a video of return pickup so that you have some kind of proof for who collected and when it was picked up.

I faced a situation in past where I returned a product (~5k rs value) and Flipkart denied my refund saying they received a different product than what I was suppose to return. Luckily we had CCTV installed and I gave them the video. Only after that they honored my refund but it took more than 2 weeks time and a dozen phone calls and a threat to file a consumer court case.

After that incidence, I always record unboxing and return pickups even if the product is worth 100 rs.
No video was made unfortunately. Only elders were at home. What will happen now? This sucks.

No video was made unfortunately. Only elders were at home. What will happen now? This sucks.
just by chance if have any near by CCTV and it may record courier person accepting parcel from your house ?

or you may have phone number of the guy who collect parcel from your house as he may call you before coming ... ?

just by chance if have any near by CCTV and it may record courier person accepting parcel from your house ?

or you may have phone number of the guy who collect parcel from your house as he may call you before coming ... ?
We are getting in touch with people in the colony for the cctv feed. He called from the official number a day before and confirmed the address. They have confirmed the address many times but were just rescheduling it each time.

Let's hope for the best. Maybe we are overthinking it and expecting the worse can happen.

But in future, always record unboxing, return pickups and call recordings. At least for high value items. A video proof is just to assurance ourselves that in case worst happens, we have a solid proof to strengthen our case.

We are getting in touch with people in the colony for the cctv feed. He called from the official number a day before and confirmed the address. They have confirmed the address many times but were just rescheduling it each time.
at least you can call same Guy and ask where about of your returned parcel and if he avoid you or gave decisive answer then tell him that if matter didn't get solved then you will going to file Police complaint against they Guy who pick-up parcel from your place as the guy is responsible to submit parcel back to office/ware house.

If the guy insist that he had process the things then ask him to send you Screenshot of process/details etc.

at least you can call same Guy and ask where about of your returned parcel and if he avoid you or gave decisive answer then tell him that if matter didn't get solved then you will going to file Police complaint against they Guy who pick-up parcel from your place as the guy is responsible to submit parcel back to office/ware house.

If the guy insist that he had process the things then ask him to send you Screenshot of process/details etc.
Bro it was company number with a pin. That pin is not valid anymore.

Back