FUP, frustrated Airtel users - what alternatives?

agantuk

Skilled
I believe an increasing number of long time Airtel customers are getting FUPd of late with ridiculously low limits. Since it is highly unlikely they are going to revert back any of this, we should probably discuss what alternatives are present in each of the cities for people looking to change, along with user experience if any. I begin.

Chennai, ****ed this month, planning to switch to Reliance - no idea about service quality.

Re: FUP, frustrated Airtel users - what alternatives???

Reliance is one of the better alternatives I guess, cheaper, faster at night, no FUP/downtime either

Yes, all on a sudden I see folks recommending Reliance for their product if nothing else. Has Reliance really changed? :D

Actually reliance broadband was never bad , i used it in my earlier home and it was pretty decent . Very less downtime , great pings and the customer care was prompt if not intelligent (they sent an engineer almost instantly)

I too see Tikona seems to have well priced plans, but have heard their billing is horrible.

members here are using tikona... lets see what they have to say about billing....

dunno but they are providing 750KBPS Unlimited at Rs.799(all inclusive) which is best plan at the moment....

after i moved to a new place in delhi, i foundout Airtel connection wasnt possible in my area, that all the connections were already full, so i applied for MTNL 999 1mbps UL plan, never been happier i get around 130KBps around 15 KBps less from airtel conn, but no FUP and its been a month since any downtime, they got it all up and ready within 7 days of applying. so overall fully satisfied with this conn.

the Zoom 2mbps plan from Reliance seems like an alternative to my current plan on Airtel which just got FUPped... can someone confirm if there is no FUP on this?

ashr said:
the Zoom 2mbps plan from Reliance seems like an alternative to my current plan on Airtel which just got FUPped... can someone confirm if there is no FUP on this?
there is no FUP on reliance Wimax or dsl services

is reliance broadband available in bangalore and that night booster plan????? has anyone got contact no of reliance broadband?????

ashr said:
bublezis using it since last three months & has confirmed that there is no FUP on Zoom Plan... :)

huntu123 said:
is reliance broadband available in bangalore and that night booster plan????? has anyone got contact no of reliance broadband?????
^can anyone help me out?????

Does anyone know how Reliance connects you? I'm thinking about replacing my airtel landline.
Would reliance use the same wiring as my current phone? And is there a dialer, or would it connect the same way I do now, automatically when I turn on my modem?
And what're the modems and telephone instruments like?
I've been with airtel for about 3 yrs now, and I'm very hesitant to change.

^ I would advise against switching if you have NOT been FUPd. If you have been however, lets show them the boot. Enough of this nonsense. Once they start losing customers they would realise what's going wrong.

I have called Tikona for demo next weekend. Let me see how it goes.

^ I'm on an old plan...plan 888...88 free calls (calls @ Rs.1), 256 kbps-day 512- night...no FUP problems.

But reliance is giving me 300kbs+50 free calls (calls @ 50p) for Rs.499...which seems way better.
I called airtel to see if I could shift to plan 699...384kbps down to 256kbps after fup, 50 free calls, calls at 60/75p...but they said the plans been cancelled.
I'm mainly online in the day, so the double speed at night hardly matters to me anymore.

Back