FUP, frustrated Airtel users - what alternatives?

Re: FUP, frustrated Airtel users - what alternatives???

I would get tikona or MTNL to be frank ,im using hathway 1 mbps unlimited plan and paying like 1100 bucks ,for a month i was getting like 110 kbps speed which was awesom but after the month got over they made me pay 1100 bucks again for no reason and my speed got reduced to 490 kbps thats like almost 45 kbps on average,wht the hell ive sent a complain and afer a week of using my net at the slow speed they are telling me that the FUP crap has started,and they havent even reduced the prices of the plans,im never using hathway again ,plz stick to tikona and MTNL,they are the best ,ive switchng to MTNL,

joel.monty said:
I would get tikona or MTNL to be frank ,im using hathway 1 mbps unlimited plan and paying like 1100 bucks ,for a month i was getting like 110 kbps speed which was awesom but after the month got over they made me pay 1100 bucks again for no reason and my speed got reduced to 490 kbps thats like almost 45 kbps on average,wht the hell ive sent a complain and afer a week of using my net at the slow speed they are telling me that the FUP crap has started,and they havent even reduced the prices of the plans,im never using hathway again ,plz stick to tikona and MTNL,they are the best ,ive switchng to MTNL,

DARE NOT GET TIKONA

there have been horrible reports about Tikona

and abt the hathway FUP started,just shout at them and try to take the installation money back as they didn't mention it when you took the connection

No i used tikona for about 6 months its pretty good,it gets disconnected sometimes but comes back after a minute or 2,Ya thats wht im trying to do now im cancelling their connection at the end of this month and take back the installation charges,some of my friends who are using hathway from a long time, it does not apply to them,thats just retarded,never gonna use hathway again.

tikonia have FUP please check and i have read there reviews there CC Sucks..............

reliance is better for speed as all company have implemented ...fup.........but reliance have not.

tikonia will make u cry i have already tried in indore.

i think no one can beat airtel in their service.but bringing FUP they have made mistake. Lets hope they will change data limit.

Stay away from Tikona as much as u can .. from what i heard it was started about a year back by a former top employee from reliance .. they were going door to door with there wireless device and showing the demo...and two of my frnds in Navi mumbai have had a bad exp ..from speeds being slow than promised and disconnections. .. reliance has two options .. wireline and wimax ...wimax is very good.....cuz i have used it for 1.5 yrs before switcing to mtnl .. to be very honest there was only one major downtime in the entire period. NO FUP and FULL UPLOAD and DOWNLOAD speed . only con its expensive i was 150kbps / 750pm plan .. and mtnl came out with 512kbps plan for 999rs which was changed to 1mbps. so get reliance wimax if you have one in your area.

Reliance is the best ISP at the moment. I can say that with confidence now seeing Airtel's condition and the Fair Usage Policy issues. I've been using the Night Booster plan for more than a month now and there is no Fair Usage Policy associated with it.

I've downloaded close to 2TB and uploaded 800+ GB on my Reliance connection over the period of 1-1.5 years. I'm extremely happy with it. It's a given that the logging in method is a pain and they don't inform when their plans upgrade but still, the prices and the speeds are really worth it. 220 kbps DL/Unlimited during the night and 110 kbps DL/Unlimited speed during the day for Rs. 1499. What more can you ask for? :p

yea that is a excellant speed ... i saw the speeds going to a max of 285Kbps download at night ... much more happy now that i moved from the 1699 airtel plan last month... cheaper then what i paid for earlier and faster.

on a side note... airtel is desperate to hold on to there old customers .... after i cancelled my connection i have so far got 7 calls trying to retain me as a customer.

I just came to know yesterday from the airtel cc that my FUP has been reduced to 25gb from the earlier 100gb. Can anyone else confirm that from Bangalore. I am on the swift 1099+100 1mbps plan.

Faced reduction in speed twice this month so called up the cc and blasted them, then this guy suddenly informs me that your FUP is only 25gb!! I am like WTH i was not even informed of the reduction. I went ahead and launched a complaint, within 5mins got a call from a backend guy, he said i have reset your FUP thing and gave me his no asking me to directly call him next time i faced the issue!!

Whats this, some kind of a back channel diplomacy!

^ Atleast you (and I) took the effort of raising our voices. I know a lot of folks who are 'OK' with the new limits thinking that they have been given the 'privilege' of a 1Mbps speed boost for the first few GBs. No wonder these guys are making merry.

Hey guys,

I am from faridabad and i have got an airtel connection too (1699/month for 1Mbps unlimited plan) and i am a victim of their FUP ..I am looking forward to switch coz as per my plan after 40GB of transfer my speed reduces to only 256Kbps..Thats LAME !! Please suggest an ISP for me too :(

I'm on the plan where I have 512 in the day and 1mbps at night.
However today I noticed my day speed has changed to 1mbps as well.
Is there a FPU on me now?

am also on 512 day and 1mbps night, mine is also 100GB cap..even i wanna change, but ive had bad experiences with every ISP other than Airtel!

Back