FUP, frustrated Airtel users - what alternatives?

Re: FUP, frustrated Airtel users - what alternatives???

I've been on my plan for a long time so I don't have any cap as far as I know however my day speed changed to 1mbps today so I was wondering if now there is a cap or not,.

I have somehow got my Airtel speed bumped to 1Mbps 24/7 since last Saturday. I'm currently on the Turbo 1099 plan which is 512Kbps in day and 1Mbps at night. So not sure how I'm getting this speed for almost a week now. I called up CC to confirm if they hadn't changed my plan and they said it's still the same plan.

wr8_utd said:
I've been on my plan for a long time so I don't have any cap as far as I know however my day speed changed to 1mbps today so I was wondering if now there is a cap or not,.
I HAVE ANSWERED you in the other thread

Oh. Thanks :D

Just saw that other thread. I have had NO FUP till now so they better not put any fup :D

i am paying 499rs and tax for 1mbps plan with 100gb limit.

Can somebody PM me the number of Reliance Broadband rep in Bangalore? I stay in CV Raman Nagar.

I found out only yday that my FUP has been reduced from 100gb to 25gb. Speeds dropped from 1mbps to 512 kbps now. Feels slowwwww!

Disappointed with Airtel.....

call cc i think they are reverting back if you ask about it ... wonder if we can file a file against them for malpractise in consumer court... although i am no longer a airtel user i would love to bring these ISP cartels to our feet.

hey guys,, i am going to take the New Airtel connection in bangalore.. i am going to take the 1099 UL plan with 25 GB FUP.. But i read that the FUP limit earlier for this plan is 100 GB.. Can i avail it anywy???

Well at the moment reliance wimax is the best.1mbps UL at 1900 though its costly,the speeds are nice.. i put up a router too and 3 of my pc's are enjoying the connection

Finally, Reliance has came into my area in Bangalore. How is the Combo 749 plan (600 kbps for day, 1 mbps between 22:00-8:00) ?

To all FUP frustrated users....

If you have the OLD 110BX Beetel modem, like I do... I just switch off my modem and start it again, and my speed becomes 1MBPS again. The next day again I get a message from AIRTEL that FUP has been implemented blah blah, but I just do the above and speed is reset for me. Others try.

Damn, after successfully evading the FUP till date, I now have it imposed on my connection. Flippin' 10GB limit and now I'm back to 256Kbps. :mad:

Threaten them with a disconnection. You just might get lucky if you are persistent enough :)

But it's something that is applicable to all users, so on what basis do I bring it up with them?

They would be happy to let one customer go, when they have thousand others to loot from... :(

EDIT: Have written to them, let's see what happens...

people sit on wit Airtel saying its the best .. time to think twice.. the golden goose is dead.... so what.. we have many a more there!!!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

thetoxicmind said:
But it's something that is applicable to all users, so on what basis do I bring it up with them?

They would be happy to let one customer go, when they have thousand others to loot from... :(

EDIT: Have written to them, let's see what happens...
Dude i did the same.. wrote to the customer care called'em umpteen number of times, wrote to the nodal officer and finally to appellate authority, all come up and say "We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you".. Did you get back what u original was getting?? The answer a big NO NO NO!!

Times have changed ditch this s**k'd connection. There are other to go by!

^ Threatening to disconnect does help, as Airtel wouldn't let you leave you with a grudge.

In my case though, I clearly wasn't a power user and there's no way I could have crossed the 10GB (although ridiculous) cap in the first ten days of the month.

Update:

Nodal officer's response:

We would like to inform that you were under the plan of value combo 750 @ 256kbps speed, as per new offer all are existing customer plan speed was double with no additional chargers from the month of June 2010. Hence your plan speed was increase to 512 kbps up to 10gb FUP(Free Usage Policy) and once the usage crosses the limit of 10gb the speed would be decreased to 256kbps for that particular billing cycle and would resume to 512kbps from new billing cycle. Mean while the plan would continue to be unlimited and there would be no restrictions on your DSL usage.

^ Pointing out the obvious! Have asked him to terminate my connection at the end of this month.

Just now paid to Reliance Combo 749 plan

600kbps all day, 1mbps night..

http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/...omboplans.html

How good is this plan? do share your experience.

Damn... Just now got a call from Airtel ..they said they will provide the 512 un limited connection at 499/- per month..

WTF? How come? :O

CURRENTLY, looking at other feasible options. :|

Hi Folks,

Thinking about a new broadband unlimited plan.

A friend of mine here in Delhi has Reliance 799/= Day 512kbps / Night 1 Mbps .... Download speeds on torrents reach 140 kbps @ night and arnd 70-80 during day.

Im trying to get 749/= 512kbps /1 Mbps plan.

Any idea what documents Reliance Folks need..I dont have a rent agreement right now with me.

I did face the same issue. I was on 1099 plan (512 kbps day/1 mbps night). Suddenly i was FUP'ed one day and my speeds went down to 512 kbps(not 256 kbps though :p). I started writing mails to the customer care relentlessly from that day. After a few calls that I got from the CC executives where they told me the same story of FUP I started copying the nodal officer's mail id in all the further mail communications and threatened to disconnect. I got a call from their backend guy and he told me that my plan had been changed and the FUP applicable was 15 gb. Luckily i found my download for that month was actually around 13 GB at that time. I dropped a mail highlighting two points - plan changed without informing me and FUP being applied before I had actually crossed it. Some mails more without reply but the action was taken. I was back on 1mbps and this time 24 hrs :). I have downloaded 28 GB so far this month. So far so good.
Moral of the story - Keep trying unless you have an option, you might just get lucky.:tongue:

Back