Graphic Cards Galax GPU and warranty issues?

JUST SIMPLE :- DON'T PURCHASEE GALAX PRODUCTS.
THEY HAVE TURNED INTO A SHITTY BRAND.
VERY POOR AFTER SALES SUPPORT.
MINE IS ALSO STUCK IN WARRANTY, THEY ARE ASKING TO PROVIDE DISTRIBUTOR INVOICE.
THEY WILL ASK FOR TAG( IMPOTER :- (TAG) Technology & Gadgets ) INVOICE for RMA or lse they will reject the claim.

Last edited:
I am not trying to defend Galax in any way but I kind of understand where they are coming from.

I don't have any kind of proof but after buying some cards for friends and family from used resellers, I find that their invoices are kind of shady many times. Which led me to believe some resellers buy used mining cards in bulk and give warranty in their own business name (not the original shop where it was bought as new).

One experience I have is a reseller I bought from just sent me a pdf file for invoice, I told him that the serial number is not matching. He asked me the serial number, then he took like 5 mins and sent me another file with exact same content but with corrected serial number. It felt like he just edited the file, this was an used GPU. I believe I also saw some people posting their warranty got rejected due to fake invoice etc. And perhaps asking for TAG invoice is the only solution Galax could come up with.

I am not trying to defend Galax in any way but I kind of understand where they are coming from.

I don't have any kind of proof but after buying some cards for friends and family from used resellers, I find that their invoices are kind of shady many times. Which led me to believe some resellers buy used mining cards in bulk and give warranty in their own business name (not the original shop where it was bought as new).

One experience I have is a reseller I bought from just sent me a pdf file for invoice, I told him that the serial number is not matching. He asked me the serial number, then he took like 5 mins and sent me another file with exact same content but with corrected serial number. It felt like he just edited the file, this was an used GPU. I believe I also saw some people posting their warranty got rejected due to fake invoice etc. And perhaps asking for TAG invoice is the only solution Galax could come up with.
NO distributor or seller will give you his purchase invoice.

In that case they are contradicting thmselves.Recently someone filed a consumer case against them.
They denied warranty for a VALID invoice just becasue the import date was 6 months before the purchase date.

So, if they are providing warranty based on serial number / import date, all products that are under 3 years, whether USED or NEW needs to be covered under warranty.

Also, is it really possible for them to tell which are mining cards and which are gaming cards?

Also, is it really possible for them to tell which are mining cards and which are gaming cards?
I am not trying to say that it's reasonable for them to deny warranty for mining cards. I actually believe they should honor warranty no matter how it is used unless they were intentionally abused.

Only thing I am trying to say is I believe some resellers are making NEW invoices for USED cards they bought and resell them. Even this is just a speculation on my part.

PS : When I say resellers, I don't mean legit distributors such as Appario, Primeabgb etc. I mean used resellers who sells used cards.

I am not trying to say that it's reasonable for them to deny warranty for mining cards. I actually believe they should honor warranty no matter how it is used unless they were intentionally abused.

Only thing I am trying to say is I believe some resellers are making NEW invoices for USED cards they bought and resell them. Even this is just a speculation on my part.

PS : When I say resellers, I don't mean legit distributors such as Appario, Primeabgb etc. I mean used resellers who sells used cards.
i agree with you.
In case they doubt the invoice, they can just provide the warranty based on import date / serial number.
in this way even if a new fake invoice is generated, they will not have to provide the warranty beyond their mentioned term of 3 / 5 years.
But denying warranty ,if it is under warranty period is just unacceptable.

In case they doubt the invoice, they can just provide the warranty based on import date / serial number.
I agree on this, should be either from serial number OR the purchase date.

But unfortunately, it's just not in every manufacturers' warranty terms. For example : with Logitech, they require me to provide original proof of purchase. And not only that, their terms mentioned that warranty is valid only to the original purchaser as well.

While Asus and Acer don't care about any proof of purchase, as long as the serial number says there is warranty left.

I just think this whole invoice requirement is too overly complicated , just like HDD and Processors warranty should be just serial number based.

This invoice thing is just for sake of denying warranty as many people loose it or there are faults with invoice.

I bought realme buds and the seller didn't put serial number on invoice thus realme denied my warranty claim.

Most people don't have time to go to the courts and even if you do that process is also too complicated.

Naa....they started asking this TAG invoice since a month or so back because they don't have any replacement cards for 30 series gpu. There is no such restrictions on 20 series or 40 series cards.
Tbh there cards are good have used 3070 and it never throttles and have used even dual fan 3070ti that also didn't throttle even though it got hot and reaches 75-80c max on 2k gameplay with max settings.
But yes this reselling problem is there, but some resellers provide the original invoice with serial no.
Have had bought from them earlier without issue.
Main issue comes if a miner has bought in bulk and all are on same bill then there is every possibility that RMA will be rejected if bill is required there. In this case Gigabyte is good as they don't ask for bill untill it's in warranty via import/manufacturing date. With msi they didn't ask for Mobo bill. Even Rptech doesn't asks bill for Colorful Gpu's. For others don't have any idea.

Naa....they started asking this TAG invoice since a month or so back because they don't have any replacement cards for 30 series gpu. There is no such restrictions on 20 series or 40 series cards.
Tbh there cards are good have used 3070 and it never throttles and have used even dual fan 3070ti that also didn't throttle even though it got hot and reaches 75-80c max on 2k gameplay with max settings.
But yes this reselling problem is there, but some resellers provide the original invoice with serial no.
Have had bought from them earlier without issue.
Main issue comes if a miner has bought in bulk and all are on same bill then there is every possibility that RMA will be rejected if bill is required there. In this case Gigabyte is good as they don't ask for bill untill it's in warranty via import/manufacturing date. With msi they didn't ask for Mobo bill. Even Rptech doesn't asks bill for Colorful Gpu's. For others don't have any idea.
so if someone on the forum buys a Ampere GPU from other member and that bill has multiple GPU's they will reject that claim for RMA on the assumption that they were mined, even if so they were mined on , is there any clause that says mining wasn't a fair use case?

so if someone on the forum buys a Ampere GPU from other member and that bill has multiple GPU's they will reject that claim for RMA on the assumption that they were mined, even if so they were mined on , is there any clause that says mining wasn't a fair use case?
Yes, on their site and every other oem gpu manufacturers T&C, mining voids warranty is explicitly mentioned now and mostly bulk bought gpus rma would be rejected untill someone knows someone in rma center.

Attachments

• IMG_20240526_185939.jpg
    IMG_20240526_185939.jpg
    466.7 KB · Views: 31
Is there anyway to prove that a particular GPU was used for crypto
Some things i can think of is ,(THEORETICALLY)

1. They might have put some firmware code to record the UNINTERUPTED RUNNING HOURS .gamers cannot game 24x7, but a mining rig will run 24x7.

2.Usually companies study silicon/ chip/ component degradation with age of product.
Under microscope they might be able to see if a chip and memory is abused over time and compare it with normal gamming chip to verify the difference.

add if you think of something

Back