Galaxy Note 2 - DOA!

mk151

Adept
Hi

I bought a note 2 through ebay seller Zoomin on 8th feb 2013. Got the phone on 13 Feb. Used the phone for 2 days and there was battery drain. Did the normal checks but still the battery drain was increasing like hell to the state wherein fully charged mobile went down to 50% in an hour.

Took it to Samsung service center where they declared failing motherboard . They wouldnt give DOA as it was past 7 days from date of billing and the 7 days were lost in transit. Theuy advised repairs i.e. change of motherboard.

I contacted higher ebay officials as Zoomin was not responding and even blacklisted my phone number. Got a call from ebay claims wherein first they expressed their inability to do anything as product carries manufacturer warranty but later said they would get back to me.

Have neither heard from Zoomin nor ebay though I contacted top ebay officials.

Please advise. What are my options now. I am totally horrified at Zoomin and ebay.

I would suggest you claim warranty and get Samsung to replace the motherboard. You'll end up wasting more time with trying to get a new phone from the seller, etc. Was this phone new when you got it?

Contact zoomin directly on their site (Photo books, Digital Cameras, SLR, Photo Prints | ZoomIn) through a different number. Ask to speak to a supervisor.

In addition, call up Samsung and pursue with them. Unfortunately customer care in India isn't the best in the world. Follow all the three tracks (eBay, Samsung, Zoomin) together so that at least one of them helps.

A tip though - you could / should have used a fake bill to claim the warranty. If Samsung hasn't already registered your IMEI, you should try approaching a different service center with a custom bill (make it yourself) of a recent date and claim warranty.

@mk151, not aware of any. However, for quick resolution, I wouldn't go the email route. You can go their contact us page and submit an email query, but in this country, email responses usually take anywhere between 1 and 2 weeks, or even more. That can at best be a tracking receipt for proof that you contacted them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Contacted Zoomin. They are useless people. Their policy is we onlyy sell sealed cameras and phones and once its delivered to you, they are not at any way responsible for any after sales whatsoever.

Couple of things here. You mentioned that it died when the service center guy was trying to do something. Which means the service center is responsible for part, if not all, of the damage.

Zoomin can say whatever they want, but if they have given you a faulty product and are not willing to co-operate in fixing it, let them know that there is something called a consumer court where they will clearly be found guilty of deficiency in service, irrespective of what their terms and conditions might say.

Actually the phone was discharging at an alarming rate. And actually I don't know if its dead or partially working.

At zoomin no one is prepared to talk to me except the cust care guy who just says I will arrange call back and that also he puts me on hold for at least 5-10 minutes, not to mention the wait times to connect first.

The phone is with the service center. CEO Samsung office will update today regarding their decision.

Was fighting eBay on other issues. It seems they have sent the transaction twice to my credit card for the note. Also there were fraudulent entry in my other credit card from eBay.

The phone is with the service center. CEO Samsung office will update today regarding their decision.

Was fighting eBay on other issues. It seems they have sent the transaction twice to my credit card for the note. Also there were fraudulent entry in my other credit card from eBay.

Definitely go to consumer court, etc. Ask a lawyer friend for advice!

The horror story continues. Samsung decided they cannot replace but will repair only. Got it repaired. Battery life is still pathetic around 10 hours without sim inserted, takes 4 hours to charge, gets stuck at 99% doesn't fully charge and most importantly I noticed a bluish tinge while using default browser. The bluish tinge was gone on chrome. So have given it back to the service center.

On eBay front, they have rejected my eBay guarantee claim. Icici have deleted the duplicate transaction but still the issue remains how I am being charged for transactions I did not make...:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
i noticed you left a negative feedback for zoomin . Now , it has been removed . What the uck is going on ebay. how can sellers just get away with such stuff

Back