Galaxy S2 Issues??

^^i got my screen replaced..wanted to go for the full phone replacement but the service centre said they arent sure when Samsung would send a replacement and also seems yellow tint is a problem in many latest S2 phones!!
dint want to end up with another defect so went with just screen replacement.
the numbers are 30308282/1800110011

^ those numbers are samsung support call center numbers. I have called them plenty of times with no avail. After getting really pissed, I shot a mail to Samsung's GM- customer service. Lets see what happens now. Since its a brand new phone I will not accept anything else than a full replacement.

Also bro, how was the physical condition of the phone after you got it back from the service center? I have heard many horror stories regarding the mishandling of phones in samsung service centers.

devvfata1ity said:
Also bro, how was the physical condition of the phone after you got it back from the service center? I have heard many horror stories regarding the mishandling of phones in samsung service centers.

i got it just as i gave it and i too feared for it just like you and did let them know that i will not accept it if there is any physical damage.

btw did you try the online help support chat?

have you visited your local Samsung service centre?they will give only replacement to phones that are 4 days old from purchase!!

or else will replace or service the part that is defective!!

well I will visit the day after tomorrow & I will make sure they gave a full replacement as I first complained to Samsung within a day or purchase. I have all the communication exchanged & all the complaint nos & stuff. I waited all this while coz Samsung did not respond till date. Today I got a call from their Customer Satisfaction team & they requested me to drop the phone in their service center ASAP. They also said that if I face any problem regarding replacement of the handset I should contact them. I cudnt use the voice chat as it was not working.

a new problem has cropped up..
i have had the phone for past 3 weeks and used to connect to wifi using netgear router and everything was working well till today.
when i tried connecting,the wifi icon in the drop down menu shows its searching for wifi and automatically offs(green light fades and becomes white)
i tried wireless settings and the whole phone gets stuck,it happened thrice and i gave up.

what could be the problem?how can i get through it!!

UPDATE: Finally got a DOA certificate from the service center & got a brand new handset with today's bill from the dealer just now.. Very Happy. The screen is definitely much better than the screen on my previous S2.

devvfata1ity said:
^ good, it seems you have a perfect s2. I think I have one too at least in terms of the screen. One more thing what is the hardware revision of your phone & where is it made?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

bahh!! scratch that. I just observed that on the on-screan keyboard & on the dialer num pad, the left most column of keys are slightly darker/yellowish compared to the rest of the keys on the right side columns. :(

I am so SAD. I just contacted Samsung CC, & the fool says we have no idea about such issues & hence the higher-ups will contact you. What is this BS?

Very disheartened by the turn of affairs. I expected a perfect phone, heck every damn phone costing 30k should be damn perfect IMO

Shoot a mail to samsung India heads, everything works out fine after that, every single cc employee responds after that.

Ask me ;)

3 Replacement S2's & 6 Display changes and I gave up on this phone. Just got a new replacement phone from Samsung last week, even it has got minor patch.

Update:

Oops read the thread completely now, so the new phone is better? I mean I'm guessing it is from Aug batch, right?

^yup the new phone is aug batch. n made in china. The screen tho is miles better than my earlier s2. brightness is more & the whites now look well white!!

devvfata1ity said:
^yup the new phone is aug batch. n made in china. The screen tho is miles better than my earlier s2. brightness is more & the whites now look well white!!

The last two replacements I got were from August batch and two more that my friends bought were from August batch itself, I guess all the stock everywhere is from August batch.

Can you confirm the screen is okay in zero brightness and against a white background. Everything is white??

hi sriharsha_m & devvfata1ity

i read through the entire threads and both the troubles u guys had to go through

But at its price the S2 is still best value for money and i need to buy one in a week or so , Razr will be overpriced ...am sure of it !

Can u advice what to look out for ( batch , china or korea ) or any other fundas u guys can think of so i get a good S2 first shot ?

Dex@ter said:
hi sriharsha_m & devvfata1ity

i read through the entire threads and both the troubles u guys had to go through

But at its price the S2 is still best value for money and i need to buy one in a week or so , Razr will be overpriced ...am sure of it !

Can u advice what to look out for ( batch , china or korea ) or any other fundas u guys can think of so i get a good S2 first shot ?

There is no funda as such, it has become a game of luck with S2.

1) Korean batch phones were said to be good, but as it turns out even they have their fair share of problems and moreover finding one from korean stock is very rare now as most of the stocks are from the China batch and that too same August 2011 Batch.

2)I tried phones from three different batches and all three of them had some issue or the other with the screen. Some have yellow patch, some have banding issues, some have blue tint, some reported reddish tint etc etc. So again, its just your luck.

3)Darky ROM fixed most of the color issue for me, so as of now I'm sticking to that particular ROM until I find a fix for this

^ dude the first thing i did after getting d phone was check for screen defects at low brightness..there arent any..wat a relief. Yes the whites are as pure can be (6500K or thereabouts). Also theres no yellow tinge or dark patch at zero brightness on a grey background

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

TBH tho all the samoled screens will show color banding to some extent..its just sumthing that you have to live with

i think samsung also found out that there were too many manufacturing issues with the samoled+..so they have decided to switch to samoled for their future models like sgs2 skyrocket & galaxy nexus

devvfata1ity said:
i think samsung also found out that there were too many manufacturing issues with the samoled+..so they have decided to switch to samoled for their future models like sgs2 skyrocket & galaxy nexus
I have a samsung galaxy s2,, it works just fine...No problems of screen what so ever...Its made in korea...
The screen is just perfect, the blacks are excellent,,never seen on any other..(not even LED TVS)
Been using for around 15 days...Not found any hues, or tinges of any kind..
So,the yellow tinge u guys are mentioning may be found in china version or old models..

Aakash said:
I have a samsung galaxy s2,, it works just fine...No problems of screen what so ever...Its made in korea...

The screen is just perfect, the blacks are excellent,,never seen on any other..(not even LED TVS)

Been using for around 15 days...Not found any hues, or tinges of any kind..

So,the yellow tinge u guys are mentioning may be found in china version or old models..
It's present in Korean batch as well, just that you couldn't notice it. Try and compare with another S2 side by side.

Sent from my Galaxy S II® using Tapatalk.

i had got my s2 in aug had seen the yellow tint which i tried to overlook as the cc guys started saying its normal and they will have to talk with their higher up which will take more than 2 weeks but now i can see a green dot on the screen guess will have to take it to cc m a bit scared to give them the cell as dont now how they will be handling it dnt wnt my cell damaged when it returns.dont know what to do??wish i had never gone for this cell

devvfata1ity said:
UPDATE: Finally got a DOA certificate from the service center & got a brand new handset with today's bill from the dealer just now.. Very Happy. The screen is definitely much better than the screen on my previous S2.

Glad you got a replacement finally. But Samsung shouldn't have taken this long (almost a month?) considering the customer has spent close to 30k for a brand new device which btw is their flagship high-end phone!

hhhclihh said:
i had got my s2 in aug had seen the yellow tint which i tried to overlook as the cc guys started saying its normal and they will have to talk with their higher up which will take more than 2 weeks but now i can see a green dot on the screen guess will have to take it to cc m a bit scared to give them the cell as dont now how they will be handling it dnt wnt my cell damaged when it returns.dont know what to do??wish i had never gone for this cell

I was in the same dilemma about service center for one of the Samsung phones I (my family) had. Gave it to service center and they fixed it and gave it back in 3 days in neat condition. I would suggest go and get it done. :)

Back