Gaming and Performance PC in 30K

I was asking for the price...
<
Okay. Got it.

If I connect the new rig to my 600VA UPS, will it run? I dont want any backup when the power goes off. I seriously dont want to spend 4K on UPS now. I can buy it in next 7-8 months though.

Hows this deal? Will it give good performance?

I was asking for the price...
<
Okay. Got it.

If I connect the new rig to my 600VA UPS, will it run? I dont want any backup when the power goes off. I seriously dont want to spend 4K on UPS now. I can buy it in next 7-8 months though.

Hows this deal? Will it give good performance?
It will perform decently atleast for this year and then it will age rapidly, as more an more 64-bit applications start utilizing multi-core processors efficiently the dual-core hyper thread approach will be unable to keep pace.

Please note if you do not plan to do anything apart from watching movies and playing game, average day-to-day tasks on the above then the RIG will serve you for ~ 1 to 2 years provided you add a suitable graphics card ~ HD 6870 OR HD 7850 should be perfect.

This PC will not perform well at task like encoding and audio editing, if you think you have a remote chance to do that please consider to have a Core i5 2310 atleast in your RIG.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Thanks for the suggestions.

Can you suggest me a good i5 based rig under 30k? I seriously can't spend more than that.and What about the UPS query mentioned in the earlier post?

Okay this is what I would recommend for now, but the graphics card ~2 months later as by then prices will stabilize and options will be plentiful --

Intel Core i5 2310 ~9500/-

ASUS P8H61M-LX ~3500/-

Corsair ValueRAM 4GB x11300 MHz OR G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x1 1600MHz ~1100/- OR 1700/-

Seasonic S12II 520W ~3700/-

NZXT Gamma ~2600/-

APC BR1.1KVA-IN ~4600/-

Add a suitable graphics card in the form of a AMD HD 78** series card OR GTX 660 Ti once they release.

Okay this is what I would recommend for now, but the graphics card ~2 months later as by then prices will stabilize and options will be plentiful --

Intel Core i5 2310 ~9500/-

ASUS P8H61M-LX ~3500/-

Corsair ValueRAM 4GB x11300 MHz OR G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x1 1600MHz ~1100/- OR 1700/-

Seasonic S12II 520W ~3700/-

NZXT Gamma ~2600/-

APC BR1.1KVA-IN ~4600/-

Add a suitable graphics card in the form of a AMD HD 78** series card OR GTX 660 Ti once they release.

I've already said that I cant wait for more than 15 days. So please suggest a graphic card as well.

[font=arial, sans-serif]If I connect the new rig to my 600VA UPS, will it run? I dont want any backup when the power goes off. I seriously dont want to spend 4K on UPS now. I can buy it in next 7-8 months though.[/font]

I've already said that I cant wait for more than 15 days. So please suggest a graphic card as well.

Will you upgrade your monitor in this time-frame, if the answer is no I recommend you get an AMD HD 7750 / 7770 ~6500/- OR 8500/-. Else go for the AMD HD 6850 ~8500/-.

If you are going for the AMD HD 7770 OR 7750, go for the NZXT Source Elite 210 ~2300/- as they are not big cards and can be accommodated in those cabinets

[font=arial, sans-serif]If I connect the new rig to my 600VA UPS, will it run? I dont want any backup when the power goes off. I seriously dont want to spend 4K on UPS now. I can buy it in next 7-8 months though.[/font]

I will not recommend that you risk your brand new computer on a cheap UPS and later regret the havoc it has wreaked on the components, if you are adamant about this though I suggest you get a Belkin spike buster for the same.

Hope this clarifies all your doubts, Cheers!!

#[member='N5233'] You can also get Intex 1KVa UPS for around 2.5k or so. Don't go by name, its not that bad as people say. Get it locally, try it, if not satisfied, then return it.

#[member='ALPHA17'] 's last config totals to 20400 (except UPS). Adding a 6870 will make it 31900. Sell your current UPS to buy a new one.(intex-2.5k) If you can't manage this much, then you have to go for 6850 + Source elite making the total budget 31.5k. You had stated that you can increase the budget by 2k in post#4. Also don't forget to get the surge protector (Belkin) as suggested above.

#[member='N5233'] You can also get Intex 1KVa UPS for around 2.5k or so. Don't go by name, its not that bad as people say. Get it locally, try it, if not satisfied, then return it.

#[member='ALPHA17'] 's last config totals to 20400 (except UPS). Adding a 6870 will make it 31900. Sell your current UPS to buy a new one.(intex-2.5k) If you can't manage this much, then you have to go for 6850 + Source elite making the total budget 31.5k. You had stated that you can increase the budget by 2k in post#4. Also don't forget to get the surge protector (Belkin) as suggested above.

Thanks for the suggestions to all. I can extend my budget to abt 32K. So I can go for the config by #[member='ALPHA17'] and 6870 + intex UPS.

Can't I directly connect my PC to wall outlet? Offcourse with a spike buster in between. Power cuts are not regular in my area. Power goes off just once a week. Most probably on Thursday.

Any help on shops? #[member='Sei'] #[member='Chaoseater']

Hows this GPU?

#[member='N5233'] The connection can be like this- Wall socket->UPS->Surge protector->PC. However this arrangement is arguable due to some reasons. Some say to plug in surge protector first, then UPS.

Just go with 6870 man.
<

#[member='N5233'] The connection can be like this- Wall socket->UPS->Surge protector->PC. However this arrangement is arguable due to some reasons. Some say to plug in surge protector first, then UPS.

Just go with 6870 man.
<

I was asking about the arrangement without a UPS.

How about these GPU's?

HD 7770

HD 7750

I was asking about the arrangement without a UPS.

How about these GPU's?

HD 7770

HD 7750

Anything below the HD 6850 is under powered for the future from perspective gaming as well as you still have not told me are you going to have a 17" monitor OR upgrade it later?

The HD 7770 just about catches up with the HD 6850 is current generation games, don't know how it will fare in future.

I would suggest you go for the Intex UPS + HD 6870 as you planned earlier OR seriously hold your purchase till as late as you can.

Anything below the HD 6850 is under powered for the future from perspective gaming as well as you still have not told me are you going to have a 17" monitor OR upgrade it later?

The HD 7770 just about catches up with the HD 6850 is current generation games, don't know how it will fare in future.

I would suggest you go for the Intex UPS + HD 6870 as you planned earlier OR seriously hold your purchase till as late as you can.

I can hold my purchase till april first week. But 6850 is is above 12K on many websites. I want to play games Current gen games on Medium settings and future games on low-med settings. But they should run smooth. I currently have a 17" monitor with native res 1440X900 and I am not planning to upgrade at least for next 2-2.5 years.

For basic/commonly available parts, I would suggest either Karan Solutions on East Street. For commonly available parts that are not available with him, I would suggest Kaizen Infotech on Tilak Road and even Sujata computers/DCC. For non basic parts, please get it from Flipkart because that is the only online retailer with whom you can save on Octroi and get guaranteed delivery.

Please PM me if you (cannot find online) need contact details of any of these people.

I can hold my purchase till april first week. But 6850 is is above 12K on many websites. I want to play games Current gen games on Medium settings and future games on low-med settings. But they should run smooth. I currently have a 17" monitor with native res 1440X900 and I am not planning to upgrade at least for next 2-2.5 years.

6870 @ 11,400/-

6850 @ 9,500/-

Buy the specific models given in the links. And even a 6850 would be enough if you wish to play at resolution you mentioned.

Thanks for the suggestions to all. I can extend my budget to abt 32K. So I can go for the config by #[member='ALPHA17'] and 6870 + intex UPS.

Can't I directly connect my PC to wall outlet? Offcourse with a spike buster in between. Power cuts are not regular in my area. Power goes off just once a week. Most probably on Thursday.

Any help on shops? #[member='Sei'] #[member='Chaoseater']

Hows this GPU?

You can try S.Tech on Shankersheth Road. YGPM.

6870 @ 11,400/-

6850 @ 9,500/-

Buy the specific models given in the links. And even a 6850 would be enough if you wish to play at resolution you mentioned.

Which one is better? Budget is my main problem. so please suggest accordingly.
<

You can try S.Tech on Shankersheth Road. YGPM.

Replied.

For basic/commonly available parts, I would suggest either Karan Solutions on East Street. For commonly available parts that are not available with him, I would suggest Kaizen Infotech on Tilak Road and even Sujata computers/DCC. For non basic parts, please get it from Flipkart because that is the only online retailer with whom you can save on Octroi and get guaranteed delivery.

Please PM me if you (cannot find online) need contact details of any of these people.

Thanks for the help. YGPM.

Which one is better? Budget is my main problem. so please suggest accordingly.
<

I would vote you to get the HD 6870 over the HD 6850, due to the following reasons --
  • at a ~2000/- increment you are getting a decent level of future-proofing.
  • the Barts-XT [HD 6850] is at the end of its ropes in full-HD gaming, the Barts-Pro [HD 6870] still has a little reserve left.
  • I don't know if you will get a full-HD monitor, but in tune with standards most 21.5" full-HD monitors start at a palatable ~INR 7000/- and this means in the next 2 years these will be the baseline LCD's you will get.

These are my reasons, rest depends on the vagaries of your budget. Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Back