ram 16gb must be have more than 1800mhz clock speed
benq gl2450hm mlg monitor
razer death adder
keyboard any backlight keybord
any changes should i make and please suggest ram and psu will oc occasionaly
thunder fx to connect 3.5mm headphone to ps3 will use win 7 or win 8

Q: What is your budget?
1.30lakh

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
new

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
monitor mentioned

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
mention

mentione
(please mention the rest in above format)

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months
none

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
delhi nehru place

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
no

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Browsing
Desktop Processing
HTPC

Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Do not want to buy XYZ company product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
any new game mainly fps

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
1920x1080

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
Yes

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit or windows 8 64bit

@maran_11 here is what I suggest --

Intel Core i7 3770k ~20000/- + Cooler Master V6GT ~3600/-
ASUS P8Z77-V PRO ~16000/- OR GIGABYTE-Z77X-D3H ~13000/-
G.Skill RIPJAWSX 8GB x4 1600MHz ~12000/- (tell me what you would do with RAM with speeds over 1866MHz, not to mention the pricing which will be on another plane. Over-clock these RAM's to that level)
LG / LiteON Blu-Ray drive ~6000/- OR HP / ASUS (boxed) optical drive ~1100/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~4200/- (add more later)
OCZ Vertex4 256GB SSD ~14500/- (from onlyssd.com)
AMD HD7950 3GB ~24500/- OR nVidia GTX670 ~27500/-
Cooler Master Enforcer ~6500/- OR Cooler Master HAF XM ~???? (do not know the price)
Cooler Master Silent Pro M700W ~7500/- (fully modular SMPS for easy cable management)
DeLL Ultrasharp U2312M ~15500/-
LOGITECH G105 ~2500/- (your back-lit keyboard)
Corsair M60 Vengeance ~3000/-
Razer Goliathus Control edition mate (medium size) ~700/-
APC BR1100VA-IN ~5000/-
[audio peripherals of your choice]

Hope this helps and welcome to TechEnclave, have a pleasant stay. Cheerio!

Last edited by a moderator:
btw i have to get a maximus v formula cause i need thunder fx for my ps3 and usb ps3 headsets are to pricy

Get a Corsair Vengeance 1500 headset, that has a USB audio interface and costs ~5000/- (on flipkart.com). Buying a PC worth a Lakh plus and a headset turns to be super expensive.

Why i5 here ? Your budget is flexible enough for i7 K series.

If it's shooting above what you initially planned, go with i5. But when you have 1L budget, and you wanna overclock, it's good to get i7, you will easily settle for next 3 years without any hiccups

Rig suggested by alpha is pretty much perfect.

Why i5 here ? Your budget is flexible enough for i7 K series.

If it's shooting above what you initially planned, go with i5. But when you have 1L budget, and you wanna overclock, it's good to get i7, you will easily settle for next 3 years without any hiccups

Rig suggested by alpha is pretty much perfect.

+1

btw i have to get a maximus v formula cause i need thunder fx for my ps3 and usb ps3 headsets are to pricy

What is this "thunder fx" ?

The maxi v formula is a great board..... priced at around 22K.

are there any usb to 3.5mm jack in the market
None that I know of.
You can always buy a usb sound card which solves the purpose. something like Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Go!
you can switch to nVidia GTX 660Ti @ 22k if you are not going above 1080p games.
I also suggest you to invest in a good 5.1/7.1 gaming headset if you really like games.

but the thunder fx makes the headset good as headset in the 5000+
are you talking about upmixing 2 channel audio to virtual surround? Seems the Maximus V Formula motherboard does that. so does every gaming headset with virtual surround. btw, how do you plan to connect the audio out from pc to PS3?(as in Playstation 3)

I dont know how much quality difference that makes. but, what I have is a Roccat Kave true 5.1 headset. thats why I was suggesting investing in a good headset if you love gaming. it makes games much more enjoyable.

terence_fdes this is thunder fx ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS Maximus V Formula/ThunderFX

- - - Updated - - -

btw does any body have any on how much the maximus v formula with thunder fx cost:rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

and maximus v formula come with diablo 3 mousepad saves some money there

- - - Updated - - -

http://rog.asus.com/technology/rog-motherboard-innovations/thunderfx/ @terence_fdes

- - - Updated - - -

since i will only game at 1080p should i get a 660ti which only has a ten point behind 670 in benchmark

Last edited by a moderator:
With such a big budget i always like to advice people to get a sli or cfx setup with good cards because the gpu power is the most important part of any gaming computer...there is no reason at all for you to go with the i7,so save money there and go with the i5.(also save money on the mobo if you can,invest all the saved money in getting more gpu grunt),i have a hd 5970 and as you can see in this bench :AnandTech - Bench - GPU12 performs slightly(2-6% in some games) better than the 660ti(in games that work well with cfx and of course not in those that dnt work too well,like arkham city),my point being that even with my card when you enable all the bells and whistles in almost all new dx11 games at 1080p,the results are not the most spectacular.i don't expect 660ti to do much better considering it performs very close to my card.so i am advising you to stop spending lavishly on things like mobo and cpu(a big no from my side to the i7) and even the cabinet(of course you may not want to sacrifice those delicious looks and the accompanied breathing space).

As for the oc part,the v6gt is a total disaster right there,even the more expensive brethren of it the V8 loses to the lowly 212 evo(only rs 2200) when both are running at high fan speed,here : PCSTATS - Error Warning ctrl+F to find the 212 evo and the V8(and please check that the results you are looking at are for 'high' speed),so fact: V6gt is not a vfm product and can only be recommended for it's looks.as far as i am concerned,with that rig,i am sure you want to oc the cpu to it's limits,that means pushing the max volts,and feeling the max heat...(and trust me you don't want that kind of heat in the indian summer times),maybe coolers like the evo will suffice for the winter ambient temps(just maybe,the ivy's run notoriously hot),but its not gonna be smooth sailing for you the rest of the year.My Advice?Invest in a water cooler like the antec kuhler h20 920(i also have this baby),will tell you more about the merits of this particular cooler if you are interested in it(do i sound like an antec sales person right now?).why water cooler and not a big-ass air cooler in the same price range?well because the air cooler will be big-ass, apart from it possibly snapping your mobo in half(lol no),they are too cumbersome,bulky,and no air cooler costing somewhere in the price range of the earlier mentioned wc cooler beats it.so there.(i personally use it,take it from me).and as boo said a good alternative to thunderfx would be any usb sound card.

and seriously alpha,what is he going to do with 32 gigs of RAM?nothing in his usage warrants that much amount of ram,i would dial it down to an even 16Gb(and you can easily clock 1600 vengeance's to 1866+,only a matter of +ov'ing,and these baby's can easily take +0.2V with those monster heatsinks on 'em.)

so the rig I would personally buy(if you handed me your money,because my advice's worth 1.3 lakh,you just don't know it yet)would look like this:

i5 3570k- rs. 14,893(at flipkart)
antec kuhler 920- rs.6900(Also at flipkart)
ASUS P8Z77-V PRO ~16000/- OR GIGABYTE-Z77X-D3H ~13000/-(same as aplha,although i would prefer going for the gigabyte one,you save 3k in the process)
G.Skill RIPJAWSX 8GB x2 1600MHz ~5414/- (easily oc'ed if you want more speed,although it will be totally useless,take it from me,i also oc'ed mine cause i am a oc freak,didn't yield anything at all)
HP / ASUS (boxed) optical drive ~1100/-(again same as aplha)
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~4200/- (add more later)(same)
OPTIONAL SSD(CURRENTLY)-now this is probably going to cause the most controversy in my post,because i am advising you to not buy a ssd in your initial buy,you may want to add this later,why?because it costs a lot and all you will get right now are faster booting times,general increase in OS performance and decrease load-times in games(and you won't have much space to install games in anyway),but let me tell you that my load times with a 1tb 7200RPM WD green HDD are already so low ,i don't really think that thats an aspect of my computers performance i want to or ought to increase.so really many ppl will not agree with me here,but i am telling you,even if your budget is 1.3lakh i don't think you should spend so much on such a luxury.

2 x gtx 670 2gb gigabyte windforce 2x in sli - 2x 26964= rs.53,928
CM HAF 912 rs. 4800
Corsair tx750V2 rs. 6500
DeLL Ultrasharp U2312M ~15500/-
LOGITECH G105 ~2500/- (your back-lit keyboard)
dell wm 112 mouse ~ rs. 567
Razer Goliathus Control edition mate (medium size) ~700/-
APC BR1100VA-IN ~5000/-

total -rs. 1,35,002 only,performance- FAR better than before

With such a big budget i always like to advice people to get a sli or cfx setup with good cards because the gpu power is the most important part of any gaming computer...there is no reason at all for you to go with the i7,so save money there and go with the i5.(also save money on the mobo if you can,invest all the saved money in getting more gpu grunt),i have a hd 5970 and as you can see in this bench :AnandTech - Bench - GPU12 performs slightly(2-6% in some games) better than the 660ti(in games that work well with cfx and of course not in those that dnt work too well,like arkham city),my point being that even with my card when you enable all the bells and whistles in almost all new dx11 games at 1080p,the results are not the most spectacular.i don't expect 660ti to do much better considering it performs very close to my card.so i am advising you to stop spending lavishly on things like mobo and cpu(a big no from my side to the i7) and even the cabinet(of course you may not want to sacrifice those delicious looks and the accompanied breathing space).

Says a guy who doesn't do his homework, gets an HD5970 and starts complaining about poor drivers.

Show me where the V6GT is a poor cooling system? The V8 had a poor design the V6GT is noisy but effective.

And seriously please learn to punctuate and edit your posts, it is a mess to go through your paragraphs.

Look at the over-all picture, does OP really need to go SLi for future-proofing? A GTX670 can drive most current generation games at high eye-candy @1080p resolution.

He wanted the RAM not me.

terence_fdes this is thunder fx ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS Maximus V Formula/ThunderFX

- - - Updated - - -

btw does any body have any on how much the maximus v formula with thunder fx cost:rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

and maximus v formula come with diablo 3 mousepad saves some money there

- - - Updated - - -

ThunderFX - Republic of Gamers terence_fdes

- - - Updated - - -

since i will only game at 1080p should i get a 660ti which only has a ten point behind 670 in benchmark

Yes, I caught up with the THUNDER FX ... later on the day.... But pray tell me WHERE IS THIS available in India ? It's not always easy for us to pick premium products in India.

If "audio" is the plus point of this gizmo ...then I would rather pick the Maximus V Gene & settle for a discrete sound card which is easily available [this can NEVER COMPENSATE onboard audio specs].

Sudanshu123.... Your lengthy & un-punctuated diatribe steers the flow of logic & reason towards the ridiculous extremes.

3 years down the line would an i5 still hold good vs an i7?

Does a 670 sli hold good when a 670/4GB would more than suffice? .... OP would want to change his GPU by then.... so why blow up 54K today when in 30K he could hold his fort!!!

Lastly, NOT RECOMMENDING AN SSD .... for a premium build :scared14: . Gimme a BREAK. You recommend some of the inards of a Porsche (namely 670 Sli) and then wanna populate it with a 4 cylinder Mahindra Engine!!!

No offence bro....but we all can go berserk when the $$$ is insane (let's learn how to hold onto our sanity in such times)

Cheers
Terry

Back