Budget 90k+ gaming comp

hey alpha,i don't know why you keep bringing up my 5970 problem,it has nothing to do with the OP's build.the only thing i was saying was that,a lone 660ti won't be enough to max out all games.and maran,just buy what alpha has said,because apparently he doesn't like it when all voices are heard.(maran,ivy's run hot,unless you live in siberia,i would advice you to get the antec cooler,it performs better than a H80 and you can program it's led todisplay any color you want,bling!)

hey alpha,i don't know why you keep bringing up my 5970 problem,it has nothing to do with the OP's build.the only thing i was saying was that,a lone 660ti won't be enough to max out all games.and maran,just buy what alpha has said,because apparently he doesn't like it when all voices are heard.(maran,ivy's run hot,unless you live in siberia,i would advice you to get the antec cooler,it performs better than a H80 and you can program it's led todisplay any color you want,bling!)

Proof for emboldened as well as check out numbers for the Thermalright Silver Arrow before commenting.
http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=674&Itemid=62&limit=1&limitstart=4
The chart below summarizes the results with the stock fans (hotter temperatures towards the top of the chart, and cooler temperatures towards the bottom). The twin-fan coolers have a real advantage here, since their dual fans generally move more air than the stock single fan of any of the other units.

Stock Fan Tests

Heat Sink

Thermal Difference
(degrees Celsius) Difference
from Silver Arrow
Coolit ECO A.L.C. 75.2 +13.4
Corsair H50 73.1 +11.3
Coolit Vantage A.L.C. (extreme) 73.0 +11.2
Prolimatech Super Mega 67.2 +5.4
Antec Kühler H2O 620 65.9 +4.1
Corsair H70 (high) 65.3 +3.5
Thermalright Venomous X 63.0 +1.2
Thermalright Silver Arrow 61.8 +0.0
Cooler Master V6 GT 61.2 -0.6
With both of its 140mm fans connected directly to the computer's power supply and running at full speed, the Silver Arrow turns in amazing performance, edged out by less than 1 degree by the Cooler Master V6 GT. The minimal performance difference here is probably due to the V6 GT's high-speed fans, each of which is rated at 90CFM, as compared to the Silver Arrow's 69CFM fans. It's worth noting here that the V6 GT's fans are quite loud at full speed, whereas the Silver Arrow's fans are very quiet. Note the 5.8-degree "break" between the Prolimatech Super Mega and the Coolit Vantage A.L.C., neatly dividing the results into "high performance coolers" and "other coolers".

Who is talking about a GTX660Ti here, read the earlier posts before you shoot.
AMD HD7950 3GB ~24500/- OR nVidia GTX670 ~27500/-

Yes I am feeling very sad man that people do not listen to me. Boo-hoo!

P.S. -- I am bringing up your case because you should see the hysterics you did in that thread. I am just happy you did not go all out blaming AMD drivers to be teh 5UCK.

i did hysterics in that thread?thats certainly new.and i did not go blaming amd drivers so i don't know what you are getting at.the 5970 i currently own is only my first foray into the cfx world,and admittedly it hasn't been very pleasant,and i have also been enlightened in the process,certainly nothing to talk about.and about my earlier comment,i can't really prove the siberia part,but ivy's do run hot.The scorching heat prevalent in Indian summer season isn't going to help his OC.therefore,i consider buying a good WC cooler the most prudent option.A wc doesn't take as much space as a big air one.

i did hysterics in that thread?thats certainly new.and i did not go blaming amd drivers so i don't know what you are getting at.the 5970 i currently own is only my first foray into the cfx world,and admittedly it hasn't been very pleasant,and i have also been enlightened in the process,certainly nothing to talk about.and about my earlier comment,i can't really prove the siberia part,but ivy's do run hot.The scorching heat prevalent in Indian summer season isn't going to help his OC.therefore,i consider buying a good WC cooler the most prudent option.A wc doesn't take as much space as a big air one.

Look at all your thread titles, then tell me whether it was hysteria OR not.
  • Hellish HD5970 Problems
  • Save Breaking Bad
  • Severe E7400 overheating issues
  • What does "Grey Matters here" mean
I don't see anyone complaining about the over-heating and cheap thermal-paste used inside them any-more?

Scorching heat prevalent in Indian summers, understood, that did not mean over-clocked 'Nehalems' melted to slag?

I have posted a chart in which the Silver Arrow and Cooler Master V6 GT both outperform the Antec Kuhler 620.
The chart below summarizes the results with the stock fans (hotter temperatures towards the top of the chart, and cooler temperatures towards the bottom). The twin-fan coolers have a real advantage here, since their dual fans generally move more air than the stock single fan of any of the other units.

Stock Fan Tests

Heat Sink

Thermal Difference (degrees Celsius) Difference from Silver Arrow

Coolit ECO A.L.C. 75.2 +13.4

Corsair H50 73.1 +11.3

Coolit Vantage A.L.C. (extreme) 73.0 +11.2

Prolimatech Super Mega 67.2 +5.4

Antec Kühler H2O 620 65.9 +4.1

Corsair H70 (high) 65.3 +3.5

Thermalright Venomous X 63.0 +1.2

Thermalright Silver Arrow 61.8 +0.0

Cooler Master V6 GT 61.2 -0.6

With both of its 140mm fans connected directly to the computer's power supply and running at full speed, the Silver Arrow turns in amazing performance, edged out by less than 1 degree by the Cooler Master V6 GT. The minimal performance difference here is probably due to the V6 GT's high-speed fans, each of which is rated at 90CFM, as compared to the Silver Arrow's 69CFM fans. It's worth noting here that the V6 GT's fans are quite loud at full speed, whereas the Silver Arrow's fans are very quiet. Note the 5.8-degree "break" between the Prolimatech Super Mega and the Coolit Vantage A.L.C., neatly dividing the results into "high performance coolers" and "other coolers".

I don't want to continue this fight, hence I am leaving this thread. Enjoy your victory and wishing you a Happy, Prosperous and Healthy New Year.

i am getting silver arrow decided long time ago and i am getting a matrix 7970 platinum cause it beat all other single gpu graphic card when overclocked

i have been talking about the antec kuhler 920 and not 620!(as you can see in my first post) anyway that 7970 is a good choice op,go for it.

Back