Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~4200
corsair vengeance 4*4 16gigs ram
asus optical drive
aps 1100 ups cheapest 1000+va i found
razer death adder
logitech g105
total 126952rs quite beast

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I understood about the thunder fx is that its just an amp for headphones, may be some filters too. but it gives out 2channel output only. i.e., left and right. imo if you are building a gaming pc you should go for 5.1 or 7.1 headset. though they are costly they would be worth it. again, in my opinion you dont need an audio amp for gaming, even if you get this thunder fx, to enjoy the sound you will anyways need a good headset. this thunder fx looks like marketing crap from asus and nothing more. my advice is to get xonar/sound blaster sound card along with good headset if you really want to enjoy gaming.

about the gfx card, if you are limiting yourself to 1080p single display, there is no need to go beyond GTX660Ti. you can always add another card after an year if the games become more demanding. I have 660Ti and maxing out every game at 1080p on my tv. I dont suggest you go for more powerful card.
What I would suggest is to go for a gfx card in the range of 20-22k and invest money in a good 27" screen. after an year or so you can slap another card in sli/crossfire if you want.

one more thing that I observed is that you are not buying a cpu cooler though you plan to overclock.

not yet still researching

- - - Updated - - -
@ALPHA17 i meant i missed those products on my earlier post but in the total these products r there dont worry

Hey,

I just recently made a similar build that ended up costing me around 1.5L just for the CPU. Since you've a budget that kinda has no limits this is what I would suggest ->

Mobo -> Asus Maximus V Formula (ThunderFX not worth the money + not easily available in India. I tried :p )
OR
Asus Maximus V Extreme OR Maximus IV Extreme (2011 socket}
CPU -> Intel Core i7-3770k OR
Intel Core i7-3960X Extreme edition
RAM -> Gskill X series are just fine, but you could also have a look at the Gskill Z series OR the Corsair Dominator Platinum's
HDD -> Corsair Force GT / Neutron GTX 240 or 480 GB
You could also buy 2 of them and go RAID 0 :D
HDD (Storage / Games etc) -> WD Red 3 TB or Seagate 3 TB or WD 2 TB Black
GPU -> Would suggest to SLI 2 x GTX 680's (DC2's). Suggesting DC2's and not DC2T's is because DC'2 give out better and stable performances when OC'd as compared to the DC2T's OR
Your best buy would be the GTX690 [Put 1 and you have no reason to worry for the next 5 years easy with everything set to maximum when it comes to quality ^^]
PSU -> Corsair AX1200 [Put 1 of these and you're pretty much worry free] OR
Corsair AX850
Monitor -> Dell Utrasharp series 27"

I would suggest if you are spending this much on a system, go for a custom water-cooling set rather than the ready made ones :)

Hope this helps
Cheerio ^^

PS : If you going for the Maximus V Forumula + 2 680's GPU's you might not have enough power sockets on the AX850 since the mobo require's an 8pin + another 4 pin apart from the 24 pin power connector

Hey,

I just recently made a similar build that ended up costing me around 1.5L just for the CPU. Since you've a budget that kinda has no limits this is what I would suggest ->
Q: What is your budget?
1.30lakh

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
any new game mainly fps

Maybe you should read before posting.

Mobo -> Asus Maximus V Formula (ThunderFX not worth the money + not easily available in India. I tried :p ) -- ????
OR
Asus Maximus V Extreme OR Maximus IV Extreme (2011 socket} -- 25000/-
CPU -> Intel Core i7-3770k -- 20000/- OR
Intel Core i7-3960X Extreme edition -- 60000/- for this one and the performance in gaming is the same as the LGA1155 platform chips, who would buy this for a 'gaming' RIG :facepalm:
RAM -> Gskill X series are just fine, but you could also have a look at the Gskill Z series OR the Corsair Dominator Platinum's
HDD -> Corsair Force GT / Neutron GTX 240 or 480 GB
You could also buy 2 of them and go RAID 0 :D -- 15000/- per SSD.
HDD (Storage / Games etc) -> WD Red 3 TB or Seagate 3 TB or WD 2 TB Black -- All your eggs in one basket, sure shot way of loosing all 'data', 9000/- + per hard-drive
GPU -> Would suggest to SLI 2 x GTX 680's (DC2's). Suggesting DC2's and not DC2T's is because DC'2 give out better and stable performances when OC'd as compared to the DC2T's OR
Your best buy would be the GTX690 [Put 1 and you have no reason to worry for the next 5 years easy with everything set to maximum when it comes to quality ^^] -- 75000/- and this card will be outdated in ~3 years, not to mention the profiling issues in SLi.
PSU -> Corsair AX1200 [Put 1 of these and you're pretty much worry free] -- ???? OR
Corsair AX850 -- 13000/-
Monitor -> Dell Utrasharp series 27" -- 42000/- and above

I would suggest if you are spending this much on a system, go for a custom water-cooling set rather than the ready made ones :)

All you answers in BOLD.

Page wasn't loading properly hence posted all that, Sorry >.< !
That was my bad :(

I got a similar setup and it costed me around 1.4L hence posted. Sorry my mistake :)

As for the profiling issues, I haven't checked them, waiting for my 2nd 690.

I apologize.

I got a similar setup and it costed me around 1.4L hence posted. Sorry my mistake.

Don't be sorry, post a price breakdown for the components and where you sourced them from. That is all. Cheers!

Wishing all on this thread a Happy, Prosperous and Healthy New Year.

@snoopy.sai did your rig realy cost that with those components

- - - Updated - - -

its 2 freaking!! lakhs

- - - Updated - - -

i am new to water cooling so do you have to change the water every time or occasionaly and how much is the water AND MAINTAINECE COST

The config that I bought a month and a half ago was
Maximus v formula ~20k
Intel i7-3770k ~20k
Gskill x series 2 x 8gb DDR3 1600Mhz ~ 7k
240 gb corsair force gt SSD ~ 14k
3TB seagate barracuda ~ 10k
2TB WD black ~ 10k
Asus 670 dc2 GPU ~ 30k
Corsair ax850 ~ 12k
Corsair 600T cabinet ~10k

All this came to around 1.4L.
Im out right now and dont have the exact prices at the moment.
If you need them, ill message it to you later.
But now that its been more than a month you might get something a lil better.

Im yet to install a water cooling it. Still doing some research on it. Will be watercooling my gpu as well.
I guess once in 6 months should do. Still looking into these things before I start ordering stuff.

If you want a simple, trouble-free water cooling for your CPU, there are options available out there.
Corsair Hydro coolers for eg. These are closed loop water coolers and all you've to do it install them onto your CPU and let them do their magic ^^

Good luck building your system.
Cheerio ^^

alpha tech will always be outdated,and sli and cfx will always have some problem with them so why are you advising op against them?its not like in 1 or 2 years things will magically improve....also to ppl saying add another card later,he should just take 2 cards now and add the things he will be thus missing out on later.and as for the cooler,good luck getting 5Ghz(or even 4.8) on that v6gt,nuh-huh!

alpha tech will always be outdated,and sli and cfx will always have some problem with them so why are you advising op against them?its not like in 1 or 2 years things will magically improve....also to ppl saying add another card later,he should just take 2 cards now and add the things he will be thus missing out on later.and as for the cooler,good luck getting 5Ghz(or even 4.8) on that v6gt,nuh-huh!

Again learn how to edit your words.

About not touching 4.8GHz, let OP decide what he wants to call an over-clock. And if that makes you cry so much OP can outfit himself with a Thermalright Silver Arrow ~4100/-, still cheaper than your closed loop water cooler and touching the performance of a Corsair H100 system.

I cannot clock higher than 3.9GHz and that has to do with my motherboard not my cooler (Noctua NH-U12P SE2).

Adding two cards now is also his call and again I reiterate that single GPU's (with sufficiently large V-RAM's) can drive titles @2560 x1440 resolution, don't think OP has the means to cross the 24" mark (1080p) in his budget hence a single powerful card is more than enough for his needs. Do I need to put your hellish HD5970 problem in your own face.

^my friend is running a 30" screen on a gtx and playing games at maxed out settings. even I feel that sli is not necessary when the max res you want is 1080p. I dont even think you need a topend card either.

Back