Gaming HTPC - Budget 40000 INR

terence_fdes said:
Just an afterthought. Here the OP time & again seems to suggest a preference for AMD [perhaps he's another AMD die-hard loyalist like me :)] - however most of the guys out here seem to go with Intel. Since his specific need is an htpc and he want's to output to his 32" HDTV. I can assure you that for smooth playback of 1920 x 1080 AMD A8 series offer's VFM.

IMHO I would suggest the AMD A8-3850 or 3800 along with Asus F1A75-M PRO [microATX] and G-Skill 2X4GB 1600 MHz RAM for optimum performance. In case certain games do not play smooth then he can opt for a separate GPU. All this would be perfect on the silverstone!!!

I would highly recommend that ALL who have doubts about AMD A8's performance read the following

AMD A8-3850 APU Review: Llano Hits the Desktop - Page 9

It's almost 24 pages, but the most exhaustive and unbiased test about this marvellous processor.

I am meanwhile waiting for BD's release otherwise my mind's almost made up about A8 for my own rig.

Incidently what do you do @smalltiger & tell us also why u persist with AMD.

Terry

Look Sire, we do not detest AMD, I'm happy with a Phenom IIx4 + AMD HD 5770 combo for working on MAYA, the factor is the new Intel Sandy-Bridge processors are very competitively priced and are aggressive performers, so recommending AMD is not out of crude impressions OR hearsay [the processor heats up, its noisy, doesn't perform], but to let you have the best system for the money you spend.

Back