Gaming PC @70000

the iVB equivalent of 2500k is the 3570k

its price is approx 14.5k+shipping. all the stores will have them come monday

if your budget is around 10k get this. it has sli support.

http://www.flipkart....52-0a77c7b63cc5

if your budget is more then get the maximus v gene like i did
happy19.gif

yes get the h80, but honestly if your case can support it and you dont mind spending the extra cash, get the h100

Even though I am not going to build my new system for another three weeks, ordered this Mobo. The price is too good to be true but the order is placed
devil.gif

The same website has LX version selling for more than P8Z77-V

Thanks ALPHA17,what's your thoughts on Ivy bridge ?

If you have not bought your RIG yet, I do support the Ivy-Bridge over the Sandy-Bridge chips due to following reasons --
  • A small increment in overall performance, not a shattering leap. More of a modest hop.
  • Better power efficiency, going over to a 22nm fabrication process and coupling it with the new tri-gate transistor [3D] layout has made the Ivy-Bridge improve its IPC by ~5% but at a power consumption of ~80W.
  • Better IGP -- okay it still cannot hold a candle to the AMD's Llano IGP but will be enough for HTPC purpose and exigencies, like your graphic card going down for any reason.
  • New chips, new boundaries to push. A Core i5 3570k although expensive by ~2500 than the Core i5 2500k promises better performance and the same ease of pushing the PC to ~4.5 GHz on air, you are going for a water loop [H80, although do look at the SVG HOC 40 ~6500/-] you can easily push your chips to ~4.8GHz -->5.0GHz.
  • Although the Z77 chipset is newer it is commanding a premium of ~1500/- for this increment it offers --
  1. native support for the USB 3.0 so expect faster data transfers.
  2. PCIe 3.0 standards, for all its worth now it will be important for future graphics cards.
  3. an even more frugal power requirement than the existing H67.
  4. Better Lucid virtual graphics support and lower power consumption.
  5. Compatible with Sandy-Bridge [with a few features blocked off] as well as Ivy-Bridge.

So incase the writing in the post is not obvious enough, yes I do support the Ivy-Bridge platform over the Sandy-Bridge.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

As I haven't yet bought any of the components so I'll be going for Intel I5-3570K.

What is the difference b/w Lx version and normal version of Asus P8Z77 ?

Gone through the review,looks like SVG has made some performance coolers.Will these be available in local stores or should in order it online ?

#[member='cyberwarfare']

The mobo you recomended is 14,000+ today(I too saw that it was around 10k yesterday).

What is the difference b/w Lx version and normal version of Asus P8Z77 ?

Gone through the review,looks like SVG has made some performance coolers.Will these be available in local stores or should in order it online ?

Here is the difference, Sire -- http://in.asus.com/Compare/.
  • Lack of heatsinks near the MOSFET region in the -LX motherboard.
  • Lack of 7.1 analogue out on the -LX.
  • Better placement of angled-SATA connectors on the -V motherboard.
  • A lot of exclusive ASUS features are cut-out on the -LX motherboard.

Basically if the difference between the two models is ~1000/- -->1500/- then I suggest that you go for the ASUS P8Z77-V, if the difference is anywhere more than ~2000/-. Stick to the LX motherboard.

SVG Tech is here as a member, I will tag him -- #[member='nikolain']. I doubt you can get this stuff anywhere apart from his own site.

Hope this answers your query, Cheers!!

Thanks ALPHA17,I'll go through their website later.

I can't go through the comparison because got problems with my OLD Pc and my HTC,also thanks for the comparision that you have posted.

I would rather go with the better model i.e; V PRO and I'll drop the keyboard(already own 2 but each one of those have problems though) and gamepad,and get those later in next month.

Will I be able to get Ivy bridge till the end of next week either online or in stores ?

well it sucks that the price went up. But if you can afford the z77 v pro you rather get the maximus v gene. only things it lacks are 3 pcie slots and the wifi card. TBHJ unless you plan on tri sli, i would get the M5G (actually i did get it
<
)

• New chips, new boundaries to push. A Core i5 3570k although expensive by ~2500 than the Core i5 2500k promises better performance and the same ease of pushing the PC to ~4.5 GHz on air, you are going for a water loop [H80, although do look at the SVG HOC 40 ~6500/-] you can easily push your chips to ~4.8GHz -->5.0GHz.

Just a correction, HOC40 cost Rs.6200 shipped anywhere in India
happy19.gif

Intel I5-3570k

~14400/-

Asus P8Z77-V

~16500/-

G.Skill RIPJAWS X

8Gb ~3400/-

Nvidia GTX 680 35000

SVG TECH HOC 40 OR

CORSAIR H80 6500

NZXT tempest

EVO ~6000/- OR

Corsair Carbide

400R ~5500/-

Seagate 1Tb

7200.12 ~5500/-

Corsair TX V2 750W 6500

Apc 1.1Kva

~4600/-

Dell ultrasharp

U2312M

~14500/-

Goes out of my budget,so will be getting in phases.

Make changes if really necessary.

I suggest you go with Cm 690 II, its the cheapest case that will support a HOC40 with the RAD & Fans mounted inside, with 400R you will have to mount the fans from outside

1. SVG TECH HOC 40 OR CORSAIR H80 ~6500/-
  2. NZXT tempest EVO ~6000/- OR Corsair Carbide 400R ~5500/-
  3. Corsair TX V2 750W ~6500/-
  4. Seagate 1Tb 7200.12 ~5500/-

Here are a few of my views on your set-up --
  1. Between the SVG Tech HOC 40 and the Corsair H80, the HOC 40 is a better performer for cheap, here is the review. The HOC 40 is in the league of the H100 even beating the same is several tests.
  2. Between the NZXT Tempest EVO and Corsair Carbide 400R, I will recommend the Corsair cabinet because of the fact that you are buying a closed loop water cooler. The Tempest EVO's top fans are not easy to remove. If you buy the HOC 40 this will be a point of contention.
  3. If you are not going to over-clock by huge margins and do not plan to implement a SLi in the future. I suggest that even the Corsair TX V2 650W ~5600/- will be enough for your needs.
  4. Instead of the Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB drive, go for the more upto date Seagate barracuda 7200.14 1TB, advantages are --

• lesser platters and drive access heads so lower chances of a hard drive failure.
  • fewer heads and platters moving around also contribute to a lesser power consumption.
  • lesser noise generation and a slightly larger cache memory ~64MB compared to earlier 32MB.
  • the drive is available here.

Can someone me sort me out with RAM I have seen a lot of RAM on Flipkart but I'am confused so just post the link here.
How good is this Buy Philips IPS LED monitor E-line 21.5 54.6 cm in Mumbai India ?

Go for the G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 ~3500/-, this one to be precise, here is another link from pricing point of view.

I have never used a Philips monitor OR for that seen anyone use it, let other members pitch in their views. My opinion is that you stay put with Dell on this.

I personally don't like CM 690 II, please suggest a good cabinet which fits in HOC 40 and looks good(what about Phantom 410).

Well only option you have is the Cooler Master 690.

I think you should go for the Corsair Carbide 400R, whether it accommodates the cooler INSIDE OR OUTSIDE, doesn't really matter as long the set-up is functional. Other options that are worth a dekho --

Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced ~6000/-
Cooler Master HAF 922 ~6900/-

Also no, the Phantom 410 will not be capable of mounting the HOC 40, it has the same fan layout [on top] as the NZXT Tempest EVO.

Back