Budget 90k+ Gaming pc for 180k

+1 on a 30" monitor

Avoid Haswell the 4770k (currently priced at 26k on ebay) already has numerous OC issues - heats up like a volcano at 4.4-4.6GHz.

Instead go for 3770k [or if you are not OC then 4770 ~ available at the same price on a Z87 board]
Asus ROG board
H100i (cooler) or a standard Noctua air-cooler
G.Skill Ripjaws X (2 x 8GB) ~ 8000

PSU - Seasonic X-850W ~ 11k

GPU - GTX Titan 6GB ~ 69k

CABINET ChoicesCorsair Obsidian Series 800D ~ 20350
CM HAF X - Nvidia or Black Ed ~ 14330 or 13025
CM Storm Trooper or Stryker ~ 12110 or 11435
Corsair Graphite Series Sp Ed White 600T - 10335
Note: All the above are great quality cabinets. Air-flow and cooling features vary [built-in vs max fans than can be fitted]. Water cooling CPU will reduce space for 1/2 fans.

+1 on a 30" monitor

Avoid Haswell the 4770k (currently priced at 26k on ebay) already has numerous OC issues - heats up like a volcano at 4.4-4.6GHz.

Instead go for 3770k [or if you are not OC then 4770 ~ available at the same price on a Z87 board]
Asus ROG board
H100i (cooler) or a standard Noctua air-cooler
G.Skill Ripjaws X (2 x 8GB) ~ 8000

PSU - Seasonic X-850W ~ 11k

GPU - GTX Titan 6GB ~ 69k

CABINET ChoicesCorsair Obsidian Series 800D ~ 20350
CM HAF X - Nvidia or Black Ed ~ 14330 or 13025
CM Storm Trooper or Stryker ~ 12110 or 11435
Corsair Graphite Series Sp Ed White 600T - 10335
Note: All the above are great quality cabinets. Air-flow and cooling features vary [built-in vs max fans than can be fitted]. Water cooling CPU will reduce space for 1/2 fans.

Very nice suggestion.

I will not overclock the cpu hence i7 4770 will be enough.
Confused with asus sabertooth z87 Mobo.
Can you explain why titan and why not gtx 770/780 sli or even a gtx 690??

As for the case i will go with Corsair 600t SE. It looks super cool and awesome.

This is my config-

Cpu- Intel Core i7 4770
Mobo- Asus Sabertooth z87
Ram- G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb
Hdd- Seagate Barracuda 2tb 7200
Ssd- Samsung 840 pro 120gb
Gpu- ????????
Psu- Seasonic x850
Dvd- Asus dvd Burner
Cab- Corsair 600t SE White
Ups- APC 1.1 Kva
Mon- Benq Xl2420t or 3*Dell Ultrasharp 2312hm(surround)
Cooler- ????
Key- ????
Mouse- ????

Still in need of Psu, cpu cooler, key & mouse. As i will not be oc i dont think there is any need of custom cooler. Correct me if i am wrong here???

This is my config-

Still in need of Psu, cpu cooler, key & mouse. As i will not be oc i dont think there is any need of custom cooler. Correct me if i am wrong here???

Your RI is shaping up quite well.
PSU - Stick to Seasonic X850 [will be the best & handle all future needs - multi gpu; add max no of HDD's etc]

Custom cooler - [even if you do not OC] - starting from Ivybridge & now Haswell, Intel follows a stupid pattern of coming up with very poor quality heatspreaders. Now on a high-end system it is not advisable to be dependent on the stock-cooler provided by Intel. You can use any of the air-coolers that exist, which will give you more peace-of-mind and protect your processor in the long run.
Note: Do a check on it's compatibility with Haswell.

GPU - why Titan? - it's 6GB is an advantage [check all the benchmarks - it leads] or else GTX 780 sli. Here I would also like other on TE to give their opinions.
Does the Titan offer the best price-to-performance benefits ?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-review

Keyboard & mouse - check out the gaming series
http://www.theitdepot.com/products-Gaming Keyboards_C9SU14.html
http://www.theitdepot.com/products-Gaming Mouse_C9SU15.html
[ here my knowledge is limited & would not be able to suggest which is the best]

SSD - see if you can accomodate a 256GB in your budget [this will give you the freedom to load all your apps & games too .... some of them at least]

EDIT:
CPU-Cooler
Go for Noctua - (world's best air-coolers)
Because the LGA 1150 socket keeps the same mounting hole spacing as the current LGA 1156 and LGA 1155 sockets, many newer Noctua coolers will not need the mounting kit upgrade, and can simply be installed into the Haswell machine as is. In other words, if the heatsink worked with your Lynnfield, Sandy Bridge, or Ivy Bridge-based system, it will work in a Haswell system as well.

According to Noctua, the following coolers are already compatible with Haswell:
NH-C14, NH-D14, NH-C12P SE14, NH-L12, NH-L9i, NH-U12P SE2, NH-U9B SE2
http://www.pcper.com/category/tags/heatsink

Chose from these models - available here theitwares.com - NH-L12 or NH-C12P SE14
(I am using a Noctua & it's awesome)

Vincee its a personal advice to not spend so much on a gaming rig now!
Even if you buy the BEST state-of-the-arts parts TODAY , it will still get outdated within a few YEARS!

I'd better recommend you keep changing parts and update every few years rather than spending all at once.

Even if you buy the BEST state-of-the-arts parts TODAY , it will still get outdated within a few YEARS!

I'd better recommend you keep changing parts and update every few years rather than spending all at once.

Absolutely right :)

Absolutely right :)

Naa my father will not let me upgrade my pc frequently or occasionally.

Even though i would like to know which config you both think is the best bet right now????

Your RI is shaping up quite well.
PSU - Stick to Seasonic X850 [will be the best & handle all future needs - multi gpu; add max no of HDD's etc]

Custom cooler - [even if you do not OC] - starting from Ivybridge & now Haswell, Intel follows a stupid pattern of coming up with very poor quality heatspreaders. Now on a high-end system it is not advisable to be dependent on the stock-cooler provided by Intel. You can use any of the air-coolers that exist, which will give you more peace-of-mind and protect your processor in the long run.
Note: Do a check on it's compatibility with Haswell.

GPU - why Titan? - it's 6GB is an advantage [check all the benchmarks - it leads] or else GTX 780 sli. Here I would also like other on TE to give their opinions.
Does the Titan offer the best price-to-performance benefits ?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-review

Keyboard & mouse - check out the gaming series
http://www.theitdepot.com/products-Gaming Keyboards_C9SU14.html
http://www.theitdepot.com/products-Gaming Mouse_C9SU15.html
[ here my knowledge is limited & would not be able to suggest which is the best]

SSD - see if you can accomodate a 256GB in your budget [this will give you the freedom to load all your apps & games too .... some of them at least]

Ok sorry for the late response sir.

Can noctua air cooler keep the temps under its control when on 4.3-4.5ghz. Because i would like to buy 4770k only:D

Rest all agreed.

But in the gpu section i am confused between gtx 770/780 sli or a single gtx titan

Ok sorry for the late response sir.

Can noctua air cooler keep the temps under its control when on 4.3-4.5ghz. Because i would like to buy 4770k only:D

Noctua is the world's best brand for "air-coolers" period. I am using the NH-C14 & no issues at all (it's super silent too) with my 3770k.

All the preliminary reports of 4770k oc have been dissappointing ... so do not expect too much from OC Haswell.

Noctua is the world's best brand for "air-coolers" period. I am using the NH-C14 & no issues at all (it's super silent too) with my 3770k.

All the preliminary reports of 4770k oc have been dissappointing ... so do not expect too much from OC Haswell.

Ok. As for the gpu i would like to go with gtx780 sli.

Ok. As for the gpu i would like to go with gtx780 sli.

+1
If you are "serious" then go ahead. The 780 in sli will give more bang for the buck.

Personally I would have gone in for a single 780 & the
3*Dell Ultrasharp 2312hm(surround)
that you mentioned earlier.

Remember an investment in good monitor/s will last for years - whereas the GPU has a shelf life of just 7-10 months. I would have even thought of a single 27" or 30" monitor and maybe 120Hz too.

Check out whether the 780 sli really gives some sensational performance gains to justify going sli.
http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/55...-superclocked-video-cards-in-sli/index23.html
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_770_sli_review,22.html

Remember an investment in good monitor/s will last for years - whereas the GPU has a shelf life of just 7-10 months. I would have even thought of a single 27" or 30" monitor and maybe 120Hz too.

+1

I upgrade rarely, but I decided to get a 24" when everyone were still in the 17" flat crt era.

The panel is what you're going to be interacting most everyday, be it for gaming, movies or just fb.

Proccys and gfx are updated every year, but good monitor will last you at least 3/4 system upgrades!

Just my 2 cents!

I will go out on a limb here and say that save some on Case if you can. As far as I know most cases offer similar (not same) features above 10k price range. Spend the saved money on another SSD , preferrably intel/Samsung 256GB . This is one way to future-proof your system. Understand that the slowest component in any rig is the Storage Subsystem. By going all SSD, you are removing that bottleneck.

Drop Creative Soundcard if you can. I have been using these pieces for quite some time now. They are good at what they do but Creative Support is worst at best. Drivers and Softwares tend to be outdated as Creative is slow to catch up with rest of the world. And there wont be any hardware repair service (paid / unpaid) either. Pick any from ASUS Xonar series and you won't be disappointed. I am sure that many here will swear by ASUS Support (or for the lack of it) but I have heard only good reviews of their Soundcards.

I didn't see any mention on Sound System (or Headphones). I am no expert on Gaming Headphones or Speakers. I just wanted to bring to notice of Experts who might be able to help.

While for the rest of the components go by Cranky's advice eyes closed.

Allrite here is my final rig with some tweaks:lol:

Processor: i7 4770K= 24k

Mobo: Asus Z87 PRO= 17.2k

RAM: GSkill RipjawsX 8x2GB 1600mhz= 7.5k

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i/ Noctua Nh D14 =7.5k/ 5k

HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB= 5.5k

SSD: Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB= 8.5k

Cabinet: Corsair Obsidian 650D / Corsair 600T= 9k

GPU: 2 x Asus GTX770 DCII OC 2GB DDR5= 62k [31k +
31k]

PSU: Seasonic X850 80+ Gold= 9k

Soundcard: Asus Xonar DX= 5k

Monitor: BenQ XL2420T 3D 120Hz FHD 24"= 22k

Asus 24x DVD RW= 1k

Speakers: Logitech Z506 5.1= 5k

Gaming Mouse: CM Storm Recon= 2.9k

Gaming Keyboard: Logitech G105= 2.5k

Access: Nvidia Vision 2 Kit= 10k

TOTAL= 197.6K

Any other recomendation

SLI for a 24" makes 0 sense.

If i buy a big screen & res monitor my budget totally overshoots. So ill buy u2713/u3013 monitor after 6 months or so and will give this monitor to my brother.

I know you all suggested to buy a big screen & resolution monitor as it serves for many years to come other than any components.

Budget is holding me.

Back