Budget 90k+ Gaming pc for 180k

Whoosh @Vincee. Now that's some RED HOT RIG out here.

If you really want to see her sizzle and dazzle everything around her (blow 'em to the cleaners:blackalien: ) -THEN YOU GOTTA BOOST this RIG with 2400MHz RAM (there's a sensational boost in performance over your 1600MHz that you now have shortlisted - as this will bottleneck your performance)

Choose G.Skill Trident X - F3-2400C10D-16GTX [16GB] ~ 14500/-
DDR3-2400 MHz (PC3-19200)

Next - your 120GB SSD will also be insufficient (go for 240-256GB SSD).

If budget is going haywire with the above suggestions - then postpone buying the Asus XonarDX [onboard sound of the Asus Z87 pro will be fine] & also the nV 3D Vision kit.

Cheers
Terry

EDIT: I have not suggested that you OC your RAM (you could also do that later). Rather your basic RAM frequency should be 2133 or 2400. You can use XMP profile to boost further.

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT: Note for Cabinet go with the Obsidian - it has better features than the 600T (most of all the usb/audio ports are on the side with a dust-flip cover.... this is far better than the 'top-mounted & fully exposed' ports) - see also a comparision of these here

1. No point doing an SLI now, do it when you get the higher res monitor. [According to me even the 770 alone will be more than enough]

2. SideWinder x4 > G105 IMO

3.If you are planning to OVERCLOCK haswell , forget it.. It has way to many bugs and is quite unstable at the moment.

I suggest you get a Single GTX780 now.. Put one another, after 5-6 months if you feel you need more GPU Power.
Go for a good 30" 120GHz Monitor right away. I am sorry I cant recommend one monitor correctly, because I use my TV as my monitor.
I also suggest you to move to 2400MHz RAM and make the SSD 256GB atleast! SSD is the one thing you should not compromise on now.. :)
For Cooler, go with Noctua. It is one of the best. And, as much as I saw, i7 4770K cant OC much and performance gains are not better. So why not stick with the Non K version? Just a suggestion :)

Pm'ed ItDepot and Got this quotation. Please check

Intel Core i7-4770 = 20395

Asus Z87-PRO =17760

G.skill Ripjaws X 16GB (2 x 8GB) 1600MHz = 9900

Seagate 2TB SATA = 6160

Samsung 840 Series 120GB SATA III = 6095

ASUS Geforce GTX770 2GB DDR5 = 33810

Corsair Graphite Series Special Edition White 600T= 10335

Seasonic 850W Power Supply (SS-850KM III) = 11170

Asus Xonar DX 7.1 Channel Sound Card = 5185

Benq 24inch LED Backlight 3D Monitor (XL2420T) = 26195

Nvidia 3D Vision 2 Wireless Glasses Kit = 13880

Logitech Surround Sound Speakers Z506 = 7825

Asus 24x Sata Internal DVD Writer (DRW-24D3ST) = 1235

APC Back UPS 1100 (BR1100CI-IN) = 5665

Logitech Gaming Keyboard G105 = 3295

Cooler Master Storm Recon Gaming Mouse (SGM-4001-KLLW1) = 2925

Total 181830.00
Discount 10622.00

Grand Total 171208.00

Whoosh @Vincee. Now that's some RED HOT RIG out here.

If you really want to see her sizzle and dazzle everything around her (blow 'em to the cleaners:blackalien: ) -THEN YOU GOTTA BOOST this RIG with 2400MHz RAM (there's a sensational boost in performance over your 1600MHz that you now have shortlisted - as this will bottleneck your performance)

Choose G.Skill Trident X - F3-2400C10D-16GTX [16GB] ~ 14500/-
DDR3-2400 MHz (PC3-19200)

Next - your 120GB SSD will also be insufficient (go for 240-256GB SSD).

If budget is going haywire with the above suggestions - then postpone buying the Asus XonarDX [onboard sound of the Asus Z87 pro will be fine] & also the nV 3D Vision kit.

Cheers
Terry

EDIT: I have not suggested that you OC your RAM (you could also do that later). Rather your basic RAM frequency should be 2133 or 2400. You can use XMP profile to boost further.

Completely Got it. Now for the ssd i have chosen

http://onlyssd.com/samsung-256gb-840-pro-ssd

http://onlyssd.com/ssd-capacity/buy-240gb-ssd/corsair-240gb-neutron-gtx-ssd

http://onlyssd.com/ssd-capacity/buy-256gb-ssd/plextor-m5s-256gb-ssd

Last edited by a moderator:
1. No point doing an SLI now, do it when you get the higher res monitor. [According to me even the 770 alone will be more than enough]

2. SideWinder x4 > G105 IMO

3.If you are planning to OVERCLOCK haswell , forget it.. It has way to many bugs and is quite unstable at the moment.

Yes confused here.

I suggest you get a Single GTX780 now.. Put one another, after 5-6 months if you feel you need more GPU Power.
Go for a good 30" 120GHz Monitor right away. I am sorry I cant recommend one monitor correctly, because I use my TV as my monitor.
I also suggest you to move to 2400MHz RAM and make the SSD 256GB atleast! SSD is the one thing you should not compromise on now.. :)
For Cooler, go with Noctua. It is one of the best. And, as much as I saw, i7 4770K cant OC much and performance gains are not better. So why not stick with the Non K version? Just a suggestion :)

Gtx 770 or 780 because 780 is only 10-15% powerful than gtx 770 and costs much.

Well didnt check the prices. Looks like 770 will give you best bang for buck. But it is just a rebadged GTX 680.
But if you can afford the 780, it is much better. Sure the gap closes down, but given the higher bandwidth and larger memory, it will surely last long!
I suggest you not to waste on 3D now. nVidia 3D vision is not that great too. But if you like it, go for it! From what I see, it is rarely ever used.
You may go for Dell U3011 or something like that(Just checked Reviews). Or go for U2410 now and add another later.
If you are fine, go with 4x4GB instead of 2x8Gb as it will a bit cheaper and it is not like you will be using 16GB for Gaming! 8GB Is the norm now. 16GB will be very much future proof.

Well didnt check the prices. Looks like 770 will give you best bang for buck. But it is just a rebadged GTX 680.
But if you can afford the 780, it is much better. Sure the gap closes down, but given the higher bandwidth and larger memory, it will surely last long!
I suggest you not to waste on 3D now. nVidia 3D vision is not that great too. But if you like it, go for it! From what I see, it is rarely ever used.
You may go for Dell U3011 or something like that(Just checked Reviews). Or go for U2410 now and add another later.
If you are fine, go with 4x4GB instead of 2x8Gb as it will a bit cheaper and it is not like you will be using 16GB for Gaming! 8GB Is the norm now. 16GB will be very much future proof.

Ya i agree with it as gtx 780 got 3gb vram and 384 bit memory band. I am going with 3d mobnitor & glasses because i do have alot of 3d movies. Actually i will not play games on 3d never. Last time i played crysis 2 with 3d and oh my it pains too much in the eyes. So gaming on 3d a big no no.

And i will add another benq xl2420t after 1 year down the line. And i am a little bit of fps crazy.:D

Great. If you have 3D Movies, I Suggest you to try it then.
As you are FPS Crazy go for 780. You will not be dissapointed! But, its almost 10-20K More, If I am Not Wrong.

I suggest you to go for One Monitor setup now, in future add another Monitor and GFX card. That should do the trick

Great. If you have 3D Movies, I Suggest you to try it then.
As you are FPS Crazy go for 780. You will not be dissapointed! But, its almost 10-20K More, If I am Not Wrong.

I suggest you to go for One Monitor setup now, in future add another Monitor and GFX card. That should do the trick

This is what i was thinking.

Single titan. Sli later if need arises. Oh wait why all this for 1080p ? I don't see the need at all for 2 7series cards.

Also samsung 840 pro is way better than the other ssds. As for the 840 don't get the non pro they are replaced with evo now. I myself ordered 2 of those very good vfm.

And trust me I am a user, get the 30" ASAP that's the biggest upgrade you'll notice for gaming its just way way nicer.

For pure gaming I feel you are wasting money in the 16gb ram and 4770. Also why the pro motherboard save some there too with the regular version. Save this for the bigger screen with higher res like from dell.

Have you used the NVidia 3d vision? As I don't think it's anything more than a gimmick. But if you like it then it might be worth it.

These are my thoughts. It's your money in the end. Happy gaming.

Can I ask you to get a better pair of speakers. You deserve something better for such a kick ass sustem. Atleast a z623 or the z5500 if you are crazy about multi-channel. Note I am not talking about discrete speakers but rather computer stuff. For the discrete the sound guru's can comment.

p.s. OT- If I dad were to ever give me so much of money I would spend it travelling around the world for 6 months. :)

Last edited:
get a console and donate rest of the money to poor who can use it for their childrens education, some medical treatment or donate to some orphanage

Opinion and truth are very far removed from each other.

PSUs and monitors last many builds - I have supplies that have lasted through multiple upgrades of the platform, and my monitor did not need an upgrade or service in these 6 years. CPUs and GPUs go obsolete every generation - every six months, when nV and ATI introduce teir new stuff, you are saddled with old crap. In one year you will have to drop one resolution for every new game that you want to play at max. If you built a rig that could max out Crysis2, what are the max settings you can play at today?

Understand what gaming is, before commenting on a rig build - it's about detail, resolution and FPS, now and in the future. The money is only a means to reach an objective simply slicing it into equal shares is not the way to build a rig - you have to consider what the best possible experience is, that can be delivered for a budget. The job of a tech forum is to be able to ensure that the TS gets good bang for the busk - and I don't see how a CPU which sits idle 40% of the time (as it does in 99% of games) deserves the maximum money, or even how spending 40k on storage is a fantastic idea in a rig where storage is only used when loading levels.

Coming to the PSU, from the time you were called something else on this forum, we have spoken about how you hit the maximum efficiency and optimum operation of a PSU at loads between 50 and 65%. Will a 600-650 do today? Yes. Tomorrow? After adding a second or third card if a game launch requires that horsepower? You tell me, since you know gaming so well.

Unsubscribed.
Gold advice. OP its your money (or should I say your father's) but seriously this guy knows what he's talking about.

Your spending 180k on a SINGLE gaming rig. At least make it good. Or if you are new to the gaming/rig scene I'd go as far as to say pay 10k commission to someone who knows and let them build the rig for you. You only have to enjoy the gaming part.

If you want to go with a 24 inch monitor, you don't need to spend 180k.

Can I ask you to get a better pair of speakers. You deserve something better for such a kick ass sustem. Atleast a z623 or the z5500 if you are crazy about multi-channel. Note I am not talking about discrete speakers but rather computer stuff. For the discrete the sound guru's can comment.

p.s. OT- If I dad were to ever give me so much of money I would spend it travelling around the world for 6 months. :)
Hey where can you travel for 6 months at only 1.8L? Serious question.

Last edited:
Hey where can you travel for 6 months at only 1.8L? Serious question.

@windhawk91 ....A lot of places actually....if you travel in south east Asian countries for example. I did a not so budget trip to Thailand stayed there for 2 weeks including return airfare which cost me 23k. 7.5 thousand return airfare from Kolkatta to Bangkok. I agree 6 months might be a slight overstatement but 3 months definitely. Depends on what level you are talking about. I am a humble budget traveller and the few places that I have been to across the world has always been on budget.
My blog :
atijajabor.weebly.com

Mods please remove the above if that is not permitted.

Thanks

@windhawk91 ....A lot of places actually....if you travel in south east Asian countries for example. I did a not so budget trip to Thailand stayed there for 2 weeks including return airfare which cost me 23k. 7.5 thousand return airfare from Kolkatta to Bangkok. I agree 6 months might be a slight overstatement but 3 months definitely. Depends on what level you are talking about. I am a humble budget traveller and the few places that I have been to across the world has always been on budget.
My blog :
atijajabor.weebly.com

Mods please remove the above if that is not permitted.

Thanks
Teach me your tricks my fraand.

I'm feeling bad I spent 3.5L on a 31 day trip to Europe lol. To be fair Europe is costly though.

Teach me your tricks my fraand.

I'm feeling bad I spent 3.5L on a 31 day trip to Europe lol. To be fair Europe is costly though.
Yup Europe is definitely more expensive and it also depends on how much cash you have and I do not have much. :D We will take it offline but yes am glad to help you any day.

Back