Budget 21-30k Gaming PC without a monitor, speaker.

iekansh

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?
21-30k.
Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
CPU - Intel P4 3.0
Motherboard - Asus XXX
GPU - NVIDIA GT220
RAM - Transcend 2GB
Monitor - NONE. Planning to buy a LCD/LED TV with HDMI.
SMPS - No idea. :(
(please mention the rest in above format)

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
None. Plan to build from scratch.

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
Everything except speakers, monitor. I'm confused whether to buy LCD TV or just a monitor.

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months

Final.

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Indore
Open to online purchase

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming(umm.. Best graphics possible in my budget.)
Browsing
Desktop Processing
HTPC
Download rig, 24x7 operation
Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
No

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Max Payne, FIFA(Wish to play online), Batman, NFS.

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Nothing as such. I've never thought about this.

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No. Unless after 3 years my PC cannot handle the new games even at medium graphics.

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7/8. Will decide about 32bit or 64 bit later. Don't know the difference. Have used 32 bit always.

Basically, I want a PC without the monitor under 30k with best gaming possible. Also, I know it is stupid to ask if my PC can handle games for the next so-so years but I just want to make sure that my rig can play games at high graphics for now and at medium quality for the next 4 years at least. Mainly FIFA is my interest and I want to play online. Rest, I'd try all the RPG games too. Arkham series, Max Payne and Racing games too.

Also, shall I buy a LCD TV or a monitor? I can't seem to decide. My overall budget is 45k. 15k will be for LED/LCD TV.
TIA.
(I'm very new to this forum and I was advised by another user here. Need to build/buy a rig in next 1 week or so.)

@iekansh you will need to increase your budget for a decent gaming RIG --

Intel Core i3 2120 ~6500/-
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H ~4500/- OR GIGABYTE-H61M-D2H ~3500/-
Corsair ValueRAM 2GB x2 ~1400/-
AMD HD7770 GHz edition ~9000/-
Corsair CX v2430W ~2500/-
Cooler Master eLite 311 ~2000/-
DeLL IN2030M ~6500/-
APC BR600VA-IN ~1900/-
LOGITECH G1 gaming combo ~1500/-

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

If you can wait for the Intel Ivy-Bridge lower end chips to release your options might improve. Also to have the system for as long as possible for gaming purpose you will need to have to dedicate at-least ~40000/- for the components excluding the monitor.

P.S. -- Welcome to TE and hope you have a pleasant stay, Cheerio!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you miss the HDD here? Also, if I don't go for a LCD TV and rather buy a monitor around 8k then my rig will build under 50k, right? Can you tell me the specs of a rig to run for 4 years? I can't wait now. It's my birthday this weekend and I just want to buy it and get my hands on it. Ivy bridge will be cheaper and better? For gaming we only need a nice gpu, isn't it? I mean, I'm a mechanical student so I'm sure I won't need to program and all. So, we can go for a lower CPU if we already haven't. I'm just telling you how I feel, you can suggest better.

Hopefully, after buying a pc and getting an internet connection, I'll be frequent here. :)
I'm new to this city and I need an entertainment box asap. PC is better than a laptop for gaming, eh?

Thanks a lot for helping.

@iekansh you will need to increase your budget for a decent gaming RIG --

Intel Core i3 2120 ~6500/-
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H ~4500/- OR GIGABYTE-H61M-D2H ~3500/-
Corsair ValueRAM 2GB x2 ~1400/-
AMD HD7770 GHz edition ~9000/-
Corsair CX v2430W ~2500/-
DeLL IN2030M ~6500/-
APC BR600VA-IN ~1900/-

If you can wait for the Intel Ivy-Bridge lower end chips to release your options might improve. Also to have the system for as long as possible for gaming purpose you will need to have to dedicate at-least ~40000/- for the components excluding the monitor.

P.S. -- Welcome to TE and hope you have a pleasant stay, Cheerio!

If you want a rig to last 3 years and within 50K budget then-
Intel Core i5 2400 ~10,500/- OR i3 2120~6500/-
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H ~4500/-
Gskill RipjawsX 2GB x2 ~1700/-
Segate 500GB 7200RPM~3500/-
Sapphire HD7850 ~15,000/-
Dell ST2220L~8500/-
Seasonic S12ii 520W ~4000/- OR CM GX550W-4500/-
Nzxt Gamma ~2400/-
APC 1.1KVA ~4900/-
This rig will be good enough for gaming and all for 3 years,You can add extra ram later.A Quad Core processor will be good for you to serve for a long time.Little stretch of budget will ensure you good rig.
Hope this helps.:)
Did you miss the HDD here? Also, if I don't go for a LCD TV and rather buy a monitor around 8k then my rig will build under 50k, right? Can you tell me the specs of a rig to run for 4 years? I can't wait now. It's my birthday this weekend and I just want to buy it and get my hands on it. Ivy bridge will be cheaper and better? For gaming we only need a nice gpu, isn't it? I mean, I'm a mechanical student so I'm sure I won't need to program and all. So, we can go for a lower CPU if we already haven't. I'm just telling you how I feel, you can suggest better.

Hopefully, after buying a pc and getting an internet connection, I'll be frequent here. :)
I'm new to this city and I need an entertainment box asap. PC is better than a laptop for gaming, eh?

Thanks a lot for helping.

You are welcome and I am biased towards desktops for gaming purposes but you can get a second -unbiased- view from these members @DarkAngel and @JuGGa have tagged them so they will respond within a day OR so.

You can go for this RIG if you are an absolute hurry, will handle gaming till another year OR two (4 years is too long to foresee what the industry throws up).

Intel Core i5 2400 ~10500/-
Intel DH67-BL ~5500/-
Corsair Vengeance 4GB x1 1600MHz ~1600/- [add another 4GB module later]
AMD HD7850 2GB ~16500/-
Seasonic S12II 520W ~4500/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~4800/-
DeLL ST2220L ~8500/-
APC BR700VA-IN ~3500/- [contact APC India on which will be best for your requirements and where to get it in Indore -- http://www.apc.com/site/apc/index.cfm?ISOCountryCode=in]
[rest RIG same as before]

Intel Core i5 2400 ~10,500/-
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H ~4500/-
Gskill RipjawsX 2GB x2 ~1700/-

No point suggesting ~1600MHz RAM with this set-up it will not run @1600MHz it will rollback to 1333MHz.

OP should get APC 1.1KVA instead of 600VA,Just little correction if he wants good 10-15min backup.Let the ram roll back to 1333mhz,There's no harm in getting 1600mhz since there's no price difference between each other.
You are welcome and I am biased towards desktops for gaming purposes but you can get a second -unbiased- view from these members DarkAngel and JuGGa have tagged them so they will respond within a day OR so.

You can go for this RIG if you are an absolute hurry, will handle gaming till another year OR two (4 years is too long to foresee what the industry throws up).

Intel Core i5 2400 ~10500/-
Intel DH67-BL ~5500/-
Corsair Vengeance 4GB x1 1600MHz ~1600/- [add another 4GB module later]
AMD HD7850 2GB ~16500/-
Seasonic S12II 520W ~4500/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~4800/-
DeLL ST2220L ~8500/-
[rest RIG same as before]

No point suggesting ~1600MHz RAM with this set-up it will not run @1600MHz it will rollback to 1333MHz.

Can you tell me the specs of a rig to run for 4 years? I can't wait now. It's my birthday this weekend and I just want to buy it and get my hands on it.

The rig others have suggested will suffice as per usage for ~3-4 yrs, but just to remind you, "future proofing" is a very subjective question. Sometimes even a lakh rig becomes obscure in a year and sometimes a p4 is enough. Going by your usage pattern plus "savyness", I guess it should be fine. :)

Ivy bridge will be cheaper and better?

Yes/No, again subjective. Obviously its better but it comes at a cost. Personally I"d suggest you to stick with a SNB as its much better VFM than IVB.

For gaming we only need a nice gpu, isn't it? I mean, I'm a mechanical student so I'm sure I won't need to program and all. So, we can go for a lower CPU if we already haven't. I'm just telling you how I feel, you can suggest better.

Yes & No. For optimum performance, all the components have to be balanced. You can't expect to max out a game by clubbing a GTX690 with a P4/C2D. What I mean that, either of the component (mostly CPU/GPU) are interdependent & have to be balanced. If you pair a low performing component with a much higher spec'd component, then it creates a "bottleneck", thus affecting (read limiting) overall system performance.

If you're tight on budget then I'd suggest you to get an i3-21xx + 7850, and I bet you that nothing can beat it if you want to save cash and still want to enjoy those awesome moments with eye candies!

PS: If you can release some cash, then get the cheapest i5 possible, i5-2xxx.

PC is better than a laptop for gaming, eh?

Hands down. Gaming is an intensive tasks, and if you can ignore portability, then nothing can come close to PC. Both are targeted at different consumers, so don't compare them directly like this.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions guys! I don't have no pc to quote and type you all. Will go to a cafe tomorrow and do so. Thank a ton, appreciate it a lot. I have a bit more questions coming up.

I tried for the stuff. The gpu on ebay is for 19k and screen for 9k. Any site to buy stuff at cheaper rate? I'll look in market. It's just that Idk my way around the city.

Also, can I go low on the cabinet and UPS? I don't need a lengthy backup as there is rarely any power failure in my area and voltage also doesn't fluctuate much. What about the monitor? I need to squeeze my whole budget to 45k. I have 50k in all. Need a few bucks for xbox controller and a table top. I can't decide the optimal stuff. Which processor to choose and which gpu, is itdepot a good site? Which are the good sites I can look upto! TIA.

Also, can I go low on the cabinet and UPS? I don't need a lengthy backup as there is rarely any power failure in my area and voltage also doesn't fluctuate much. What about the monitor? I need to squeeze my whole budget to 45k. I have 50k in all. Need a few bucks for xbox controller and a table top. I can't decide the optimal stuff. Which processor to choose and which gpu, is itdepot a good site? Which are the good sites I can look upto! TIA.

Look at Prime ABGB and hardwire.in (Bombay based) apart from The IT Depot (which is Chennai based).

Avoid buying anything from flipkart.com OR eBay.in until explicitly advised to do so.

If you are confident about the power front, I advise you skip the UPS now and buy it in a month OR two but go for the APC BR600VA-IN minimum. As for a safety margin get a decent spike-strip from Belkin.

Apart from this, getting an Ivy-Bridge processor / motherboard + Sandy-Bridge motherboard / processor is not advised as they do not support XMP of each other, so getting the faster memory is negated as it will rollback to ~1333MHz.

Hope this answers your queries, Cheerio!

Hi iekansh..For Memory y dnt you go for Kingston Hyperx 4GB Blu series...it will cost you around 1350 -1400 with Heat sink and 1600 mhz....

- - - Updated - - -

blu

Look at Prime ABGB and hardwire.in (Bombay based) apart from The IT Depot (which is Chennai based).

Avoid buying anything from flipkart.com OR eBay.in until explicitly advised to do so.

If you are confident about the power front, I advise you skip the UPS now and buy it in a month OR two but go for the APC BR600VA-IN minimum. As for a safety margin get a decent spike-strip from Belkin.

Apart from this, getting an Ivy-Bridge processor / motherboard + Sandy-Bridge motherboard / processor is not advised as they do not support XMP of each other, so getting the faster memory is negated as it will rollback to ~1333MHz.

Hope this answers your queries, Cheerio!

I'll try the sites mentioned, the mobo advised is available for 3300 on flipkart. I'll buy the minimum needed ups, which can handle backup for the time I switch pc off. What do you mean by spike stripe? I'm sorry, a bit noob in this area. :confused:

Processor I should go for i5 or i3? I'm not sure yet. About the gpu also I'm confused. Shall I go for 7770 or 7850? Gigabyte B75M shall be fine as the motherboard or shall I go for the Intel one you said? Cooler master elite 311 or Seasonic s12ii? I'm just damn confused. Two people including you have given me the configuration. I'm confused totally now. Can you make the best configuration out of these both two and tell me? I'll simply close my eyes and buy it. Provided it fits under 45k-47k mark. 47k is the upper limit at max. Please keep in mind that I just need ups backup to provide me sufficient backup for shutdown. Kindly suggest one last time, the best of the two mentioned configurations.
TIA.

Hi iekansh..For Memory y dnt you go for Kingston Hyperx 4GB Blu series...it will cost you around 1350 -1400 with Heat sink and 1600 mhz....

- - - Updated - - -

blu

It's just that Idk anything about hardware and stuff. I'll just go by the next mentioned configuration by alpha. I'm sure he'll look at the memory you mentioned. Thanks. :)

I'll try the sites mentioned, the mobo advised is available for 3300 on flipkart. I'll buy the minimum needed ups, which can handle backup for the time I switch pc off. What do you mean by spike stripe? I'm sorry, a bit noob in this area. :confused:

Processor I should go for i5 or i3? I'm not sure yet. About the gpu also I'm confused. Shall I go for 7770 or 7850? Gigabyte B75M shall be fine as the motherboard or shall I go for the Intel one you said? Cooler master elite 311 or Seasonic s12ii? I'm just damn confused. Two people including you have given me the configuration. I'm confused totally now. Can you make the best configuration out of these both two and tell me? I'll simply close my eyes and buy it. Provided it fits under 45k-47k mark. 47k is the upper limit at max. Please keep in mind that I just need ups backup to provide me sufficient backup for shutdown. Kindly suggest one last time, the best of the two mentioned configurations.

This is a spike-strip / spike buster -- Belkin 6 Socket Surge / Protector Spike Buster 6 Out | eBay; locally they should be priced ~650/- (the same variant as in link).

Go for this RIG --
Intel Core i5 2400 ~10500/- OR Core i3 2120 ~6500/-
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H ~4500/- (try to source this locally, flipkart.com has same for ~4300/-)
Corsair Vengeance 4GB x1 1600MHz ~1600/- (add another 4GB module later)
AMD HD7850 2GB ~16500/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~4500/- (can be also as expensive as ~5000/-) OR Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB ~3500/-
Seasonic S12II 520W ~4500/- (must buy this component at all cost)
DeLL ST2220L ~8500/- OR DeLL IN2030M ~6500/- (both are LED- back-lit monitors but the ST is 22" with HDMI-IN while latter is 20" and does not sport the HDMI connector)
APC BR600VA-IN ~1900/- (again the minimum must-buy will give you between ~1 -->3 minutes of backup depending on the load)

Hope this helps. Cheerio!

It's just that Idk anything about hardware and stuff. I'll just go by the next mentioned configuration by alpha. I'm sure he'll look at the memory you mentioned. Thanks. :)

I agree with him. Been using the HyperX blu (4x2G) from Kingston for a long time now. Incredible performance!

This is a spike-strip / spike buster -- Belkin 6 Socket Surge / Protector Spike Buster 6 Out | eBay; locally they should be priced ~650/- (the same variant as in link).

Go for this RIG --
Intel Core i5 2400 ~10500/- OR Core i3 2120 ~6500/-
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H ~4500/- (try to source this locally, flipkart.com has same for ~4300/-)
Corsair Vengeance 4GB x1 1600MHz ~1600/- (add another 4GB module later)
AMD HD7850 2GB ~16500/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~4500/- (can be also as expensive as ~5000/-) OR Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB ~3500/-
Seasonic S12II 520W ~4500/- (must buy this component at all cost)
DeLL ST2220L ~8500/- OR DeLL IN2030M ~6500/- (both are LED- back-lit monitors but the ST is 22" with HDMI-IN while latter is 20" and does not sport the HDMI connector)
APC BR600VA-IN ~1900/- (again the minimum must-buy will give you between ~1 -->3 minutes of backup depending on the load)

Hope this helps. Cheerio!

I'm going a store and will check what all is available. Thanks for the help everyone. Cheers. Will report back soon. Also, why buy an LED? LCD won't do any good? So, this configuration is the best for the cheapest, right? Thanks a ton.

I'm going a store and will check what all is available. Thanks for the help everyone. Cheers. Will report back soon. Also, why buy an LED? LCD won't do any good? So, this configuration is the best for the cheapest, right? Thanks a ton.

LCD is the monitor, LED is the back-light, older LCD's used CCFL's as a back-light. They were more power hungry and had high levels of Mercury in them, LED's reduce this to almost 0 and are more efficient.

For more on the topic, head here LED-backlit LCD display - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

LCD is the monitor, LED is the back-light, older LCD's used CCFL's as a back-light. They were more power hungry and had high levels of Mercury in them, LED's reduce this to almost 0 and are more efficient.

For more on the topic, head here LED-backlit LCD display - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Thanks for help. Will let you know he update. Btw, there's no way to thank people here on this forum by Tapatalk?

@ALPHA17 Will my rig be able to handle hackintosh too? Just wanted to know. What do I need to do in order to install hackintosh easily?

Back