Budget 41-50k Gaming plus software rig , please help out with your advice .

Howdy Harry .... If it's the final decision making time then do your last round of check's

If i5-3570K is Final then check out it's performance/review/benchmark or builds with the specific brand/model no that you chose...... from

1] CPU Air-Cooler - Whichever is your final choice (personally I would leave out U12 & Silver Arrow as both were launched in 2010 and the 2011/12 models have many qualitative improvements). If on a budget - even today the U12 is the BEST. My take is Noctua newer series with top-down air flow.

2] PSU - I am still convinced with Seasonic (modular 660 or 760) and would take that chance against a remote possiblity of it failing or needing RMA.

3] Cabinet - get down to actual brass tacks [see if the SIZE - Actual Measurements (using a measuring tape) suit you perfectly & the place that you are going to keep it at home]. Folks have actually fainted when they looked at the Corsair Graphite 600T or Cosmos or even Switch 810 or Obsidian or Stryker (calling them a monstrosity apart from their phenomenal final weight 12-18 kgs) - whereas, there are those who love it.

Cheers

Thanks

Yes its the final time , I cant do very indepth reading specially for some components lke motherboard . I dont understand those phases and volts and stuff .

1. Cooler am thinking of SA or H100 , researching a bit .

2. Trust me you dont wanan be stuck up with a lemon , even seasonic has lemons . See newegg , even new PSU fail .
I dont want to be in a situation like I bought a new system and the second day the PSU conks off and then I wait endlessly for a replacement .
But if you are lucky , you will get a tank which is almost indestructible . Its a gamble and not every can gamble :p .

3. the problem you were talking of in 500R exists in the 400R too ? .
I am also going for a huge card , then a huge cooler , will this too much torque on the puny gene motherboard ? .
I guess Mr bike was right when he said that bride thing , I wont think this much for even choosing a bride , lol .
The thing is I dont wanna spend on something and later regret it , then find ways to sell it and get a replacement . Costly affair financially and a mental headache ! So if its worth spending a bit more now , I ll do so .

how about "Hyper 212 EVO" (for their 4 Direct Contact Heat Pipes / Aluminum Fins) ? also, for PSU did u consider cooler master silent pro M700(its moudular) as suggested by Alpha17 in PC guides?

Thanks ,

1. It is an awesome cooler too , and I was thinking of it . Many people are satisfied with it in reviews . But it wont give those super high over clocks .
As I said above also , I dont wanna do like I spend 2.5k for this cooler and then a couple of years later when my processor starts aging and I want better performance , I will have to look to sell this one and buy a new one , etc .

2. Am not going for any other PSU except Corsair . I am not interested in taking chances with any other service when this company provides such better service .
Otherwise I would have gone for Seasonic .

The only product I am taking chances is with Asus Gene V . Again hoping I wont get a lemon or Rashi horror will be unleashed .

1. It is an awesome cooler too , and I was thinking of it . Many people are satisfied with it in reviews . But it wont give those super high over clocks .
As I said above also , I dont wanna do like I spend 2.5k for this cooler and then a couple of years later when my processor starts aging and I want better performance , I will have to look to sell this one and buy a new one , etc .

I did that, had a Cooler Master Hyper 212+, used it for 2 years and then sold it for half-price (bought for ~1900/-; sold for ~1000/- to a TE member) with that cash I bought a Noctua NH-U12P SE2.

Even Cooler Master is very reliable in the after sales area, if you go with them nothing will be amiss.

@ALPHA17 , @Jakob , @terence_fdes , @ampdr1 , @cyberwarfare

Guys as I will upgrade my monitor later on , but let me start researching a bit now , since it took me months to decide my exisiting choices :p .

1. Please tell me one thing , can a TV be used as a monitor ? . I was thinking of getting a 32inch IPS TV instead of a monitor . LG was once offering an IPS TV for as low as 24k , I missed it :( .
Or a monitor is a monitor , a TV cant replace it ? .
2. For movies it will be awesome but for gaming ? .

The reason am looking for a TV is because thats the only thing that is a 32 incher with IPS panels . 30 inch monitors cost a bomb .
32 inch because am used to a 40 inch Sony TV that just blows out my monitor for picture quality . And I now dont like watching movies on a 20 inch monitor . Dont get that experience .
Cant use the 40 incher because its always used by parents .

Last edited by a moderator:
@ALPHA17 , @Jakob , @terence_fdes , @ampdr1 , @cyberwarfare

Guys as I will upgrade my monitor later on , but let me start researching a bit now , since it took me months to decide my exisiting choices :p .

1. Please tell me one thing , can a TV be used as a monitor ? . I was thinking of getting a 32inch IPS TV instead of a monitor . LG was once offering an IPS TV for as low as 24k , I missed it :( .
Or a monitor is a monitor , a TV cant replace it ? .
2. For movies it will be awesome but for gaming ? .

The reason am looking for a TV is because thats the only thing that is a 32 incher with IPS panels . 30 inch monitors cost a bomb .
32 inch because am used to a 40 inch Sony TV that just blows out my monitor for picture quality . And I now dont like watching movies on a 20 inch monitor . Dont get that experience .

Here are your answers Harry --
  • In theory, Yes but I have heard the overall quality goes down. Flickering and V-Sync issues.
  • A TV can be a monitor and vice-versa but it is not appropriate always.
  • For both it is awesome, just that it will take a toll on graphics cards with less than 2GB of V-RAM.
Hope this helps, Cheerio!

ALPHA17 , cyberwarfare , Jakob , chiragsthakur , ampdr1 , terence_fdes , JuGGa , @aryacooldude , TechEnclave , lol .

Abhay bro ,
sorry forgot to thank for the above reply .

Guys am looking for a solution to the problem I have , now I dont know how to explain what I really need correctly , so please bear with me .

Now I have a single monitor , but two CPU's .
So I was looking for this , an adapter or a cable that goes in the monitor on one side and on the other side has a two dvi pins , so that I can connect both CPU's to the monitor , at a time only one cpu will be connected so its not a problem . But when I switch any cpu , it is connected to the monitor .

I tried to google but only found dvi splitter , which shows output on two monitors with one cpu , but that is not what I want .
Please help and also tell me from where can I get it .

Thanks a lot for your time .

after reading the whole post and your made me confused that what your are worried to decide which pc parts are your getting which it is most reliable and long time, about Air cooler vs water cooler and cabinet

Honesty , i have purchase many pc part since i was 13 year but now day i have no issue with my new pc parts which can last long reliable and no failure issue , somewhat i got few failure issue since 2004-2009 at many board failure rate even gpu and much more stuff.. ;)

i dont think you wil get a cable of that sort....

:(
ygpm

after reading the whole post and your made me confused that what your are worried to decide which pc parts are your getting which it is most reliable and long time, about Air cooler vs water cooler and cabinet

Honesty , i have purchase many pc part since i was 13 year but now day i have no issue with my new pc parts which can last long reliable and no failure issue , somewhat i got few failure issue since 2004-2009 at many board failure rate even gpu and much more stuff.. ;)

yes you are right sir , i want pc components to last and are reliable :) .
You are highly experienced , why dont you give some suggestion please on the water vs air thing .
You are clocked at 5.2 ghz :scared14: , you use it 24/7 everyday pc or just benching ? .

^

for reliable i suggest avoid asus cause i have face lot of issue from rashi woes and i suggest better go for gigabyte and another brand

and air cooler if your are using the air cooler past 6 month and there might be lot of dust and poor vent cover on the cabinet that why i switch to water cooler that i have purchase HOC40 same as corsair H100 cause u need 2 free slot on top for mount the water cooler on the top
and yes i have clock 5.2 for benching and now i am using 4-4.5 ghz stable 24/7 for everyday pc ;)

and my keyboard and mouse has been older and conned off that why i have update to new Razor Blackwindow ultimate and razor tron mouse also i am plan to update SSD in raid for more faster boot speed

^

for reliable i suggest avoid asus cause i have face lot of issue from rashi woes and i suggest better go for gigabyte and another brand

and air cooler if your are using the air cooler past 6 month and there might be lot of dust and poor vent cover on the cabinet that why i switch to water cooler that i have purchase HOC40 same as corsair H100 cause u need 2 free slot on top for mount the water cooler on the top
and yes i have clock 5.2 for benching and now i am using 4-4.5 ghz stable 24/7 for everyday pc ;)

and my keyboard and mouse has been older and conned off that why i have update to new Razor Blackwindow ultimate and razor tron mouse also i am plan to update SSD in raid for more faster boot speed

Thanks a lot , am actually finalized on the Asus V gene and Asus DCUII GTX 670 .
Is V gene unreliable ? .

Gtx 670 it seems to be a lottery system out there . Some are good chips , some are bad .
Rashi is really that bad :(
U might wanna Look at VGA Switch Something liek this 2 Port VGA Switch ( 2 CPU To 1 Monitor )one By One - price in India : Rediff Shopping Which will eb Cheaper then DVI-Switch!

Thanks sir your awesome .
But the problems is Dell monitors are crap in VGA connections . Atleast the one I have is .
Otherwise I would connect one monitor with VGA and one with DVI if I really wanted to use VGA .
I regret ignoring connectivity options when buying a monitor !! .

DVI switches are too expensive :O

Thanks a lot , am actually finalized on the Asus V gene and Asus DCUII GTX 670 .
Is V gene unreliable ? .

Gtx 670 it seems to be a lottery system out there . Some are good chips , some are bad .
Rashi is really that bad :(

if your lucky or unlucky, that why your can get whatever your choice if the card & board conned off in the future and rma might take worst time or after sale service

for graphic card why not get MSI or Zotac or different brand which are better warranty that Asus

if your lucky or unlucky, that why your can get whatever your choice if the card & board conned off in the future and rma might take worst time or after sale service

for graphic card why not get MSI or Zotac or different brand which are better warranty that Asus

Thanks Sir ,
only 4 gtx cards are worth buying
1. Zotac Amp 2. Gigabyte windforce OC 3. EVGA GTX 670 FTW 4. Asus DCUII top

Zotac has problems , some cards heat over 100 deg C , its like a lottery system , if you get a good card then its fine , otherwise you have a hot cake . Also some cards perform flawless while others give low fps.
Gigabyte has solid hardware but has several driver issues , most people complaining are because of software , no hardware problems at all .
EVGA FTW is no doubt a great card , probably the best out there , but warranty is almost not existent in India .
So only left is DCUII top .

Thanks Sir ,

Zotac has problems , some cards heat over 100 deg C , its like a lottery system , if you get a good card then its fine , otherwise you have a hot cake . Also some cards perform flawless while others give low fps.
Gigabyte has solid hardware but has several driver issues , most people complaining are because of software , no hardware problems at all .
EVGA FTW is no doubt a great card , probably the best out there , but warranty is almost not existent in India .

Zotac which it has old fan cooler cause of overheating cause now day they have fix new fan cooler with better heartsick for better cooler where i have see many brand, and what about MSI TWIN froze 2 which it has better cooler

@harry_houdini why are you not considering MSi's Twin Frozr cards. They are also pretty handy over-clockers; in-fact the GTX560Ti was crazily popular thanks to this edition of the card.

To its credit the company has pretty solid after sales support to match. I have experienced it in person and was happy.

Thanks Sir ,

Zotac card problems Were with Specific Sample's Provided,Those Issues have been Fixed as per Zotac! It should be Good Enough Now,Provided they are available at Nearly Same Prices,I dont Find Others as Convincing as Zotac's AMP! Edition! But Quite Skeptic about after Sales Support,Just Saw ALPHA17's Reply I would too Suggest Go With MSi N670 PE!

- - - Updated - - -

harry_houdini why are you not considering MSi's Twin Frozr cards. They are also pretty handy over-clockers; in-fact the GTX560Ti was crazily popular thanks to this edition of the card.

To its credit the company has pretty solid after sales support to match. I have experienced it in person and was happy.

I Second that,MSI Does have pretty Much Top-Class After Sales Support!

harry_houdini why are you not considering MSi's Twin Frozr cards. They are also pretty handy over-clockers; in-fact the GTX560Ti was crazily popular thanks to this edition of the card.

Even I can attest that fact about MSI.

Zotac which it has old fan cooler cause of overheating cause now day they have fix new fan cooler with better heartsick for better cooler where i have see many brand, and what about MSI TWIN froze 2 which it has better cooler

Thanks Sir ,
I was not aware about this Zotac rectifying the problem .

Hi Abhay , I was not sure on the Card hence when prime called today I said , I ll buy later . They have the DCUII instead of DCUII top .
Its not about overclocking buddy , the thing is MSI stock's performance aint up there with those big guys .
Still I will read up reviews , you read any good link that you like , please share :) .
Dont wanna rush on this . Almost was decided on the Asus Top card but is not in stock anywhere even in prime , hence thinking of other options .
Have asked friends , if they can find it .
Still I got some time to think on it . Almost all say you should experience stock iGPU before experiencing the GPU nirvana , so be it , I ll wait a week .

Zotac card problems Were with Specific Sample's Provided,Those Issues have been Fixed as per Zotac! It should be Good Enough Now,Provided they are available at Nearly Same Prices,I dont Find Others as Convincing as Zotac's AMP! Edition!

I Second that,MSI Does have pretty Much Top-Class After Sales Support!

Thanks ,
no Sir , not only with samples , there is a guy on our forum itself who had low fps . Then there is a guy again on the forum who had this overheating issue .
These cards go over 100 !! . So it really a lottery I feel .
But now Mr Arun says the problem might be solved , so I will check again .

Pricing , I am not sure .

I was of the opinion that msi has mediocre service , take long time to replace and stuff . Now that you all are saying it has good service , will surely check on it :) .

The only thing that remains now is the mousepad and GPU .

Was thinking of using 32 inch TV as a monitor but now having second thoughts , people are saying you need to see a TV from a certain fixed distance , minimum 6m .
While monitors you can see from 2m or similar range . So back to square one , I need to sell my current monitor - Dell In2030m . I tried to ask for exchange in many shops but hardly anyone is interested . If you all know any such place , please tell me about it . Can sell on the forum but shipping will be a hassle , local buyers I ll need to see .

Back