ganguly vs chappell

Safin

Skilled
well ...

whom you support.
My opinion frankly is that i am willing to agree that ganguly maybe is outta form and not deserving a place now... But to say that he is mentally unstable, that he gets under pressure.. and in two months wow..
coachy sure got a lot to say about the captain thats led us to runners up in world cup. and he sure discovered a lot in 2 months.

My question.. ok ganguly is outta form, an idiot.. then so is Sachin. And frankly sehwag(whom he is calling a grt player) ain't in a grt form also( making a triple 100 a year and then flops all the way does not justify a team place. We had sachin going through a lean patch all of last year.. and frankly we have had all these guys as captains too.. grt players poor captains. You will have to admit that ganguly atleast did a much better job then the others.

I agree..... Chappell has been around for very less time and I really doubt his judgement.

Yes, Gangu is out of form, but everyone goes through a lean patch at some point or the other.

I just say that stop the bickering and concentrate oin the cricket

I have been a national level sportsman in another sport and I can only say one thing - if you are out of form you have NO right to play in the team !!

The old players may "HAVE BEEN" good in the past - if they cannot deliver today ask them to stay at home and watch replays of their BEST innings - they should not be allowed to play if they do not deliver simple as that.

EDIT: I forgot ... about this Dada and Kangroo problem - I dont think either is really in the right. It is just a thing between these 2 to see who can sit on the throne and become the ruler of the Indian Team. IMO Dada should have been thrown out a long while back along with a few more non delivering dead weights of the Indian team.

agreed.. say that then plain and simple.

and say it to all not oone guy but to every comeback kid(agarkar, VVS, Sachin , YUvy.. who is in form??? )

either way why make the statements as he has made(going by the fact that email on INDIATV is right) then he is mentally not sound and is afraid and all.. thats stupid and lame.

Read a lot about this in the papers.

Ganguly must be out as hes out of form , why not make way for someone
who is young and talented and really deserves a place.

OT:- correct topic , its ganguly and not gaguly

the point here is the selection procedure i guess.....now when sachin is ready(fit) why a national team direct entry?????does having record means he can serve india lifetime...and people who try day night r waste for the country....i hav hardly seen sachin in indian ranji(saw last against aussies guest 1999 or 2001).....

thats why they never fear.....when warne was out(banned)......gilchrist himself told though warne is worlds best player.....he needs to prove he deserve a place..and at that time no 1 revolted....since gilchrist was right.....and he proved...i hardly believe xcept laxman (who was thrown out of team and he scored 5 centuries bak to bak in ranji).....

team needs to b professional...and shd b banned frm appearing in ads or atlest some limits must b placed....10 odis..sachin,shewag ,dravid must atlest score 400......bowler in 10 odis 3 wicket avg......etc

Safin said:
agreed.. say that then plain and simple.
and say it to all not oone guy but to every comeback kid(agarkar, VVS, Sachin , YUvy.. who is in form??? )

Agarkar had very bowled good spells in recently concluded triangular series b/w India-NZ-Zim, was the highest wicket-taker(along with Shane Bond) and his bowling average and economy rate was also very good.

Well, whatever Chappel said, he said in private.

Ganguly on the other hand, said it in public and caused the scandal. And after the "truce" he still goes and gives press conferences announcing the team.

Plus, yes the players fitness sux. And if the "stars" think they shud be able to push the caoach around when he tells them to get fit, then they shud be thrown out, no matter what their record - past or present

grt so the guy bowls well in 1 series against zim and we give him tickets for a year??

if you wanna be professional, start asking for consistent performance.

magnet said:
team needs to b professional...and shd b banned frm appearing in ads or atlest some limits must b placed....10 odis..sachin,shewag ,dravid must atlest score 400......bowler in 10 odis 3 wicket avg......etc

THAT is exactly how I feel too.... the players MUST deliver a minimum amount of runs or wickets - this should be part of their contract.

The first thing we need to do is get rid of all those CLOWNS from BCCI as long as they are there nothing will change.

hehe..embedded in the contract..wicked idea :D

if that happens, the indian team will comprice of just 2-3 players :|

2-3 :p

i doubt it :p

anyway the only thing is that they come with uniform rules for selection now. Select guys on merits. And about time coach prooved himself also. He has a tough series coming up. He needs to start worrying about that.

Safin said:
grt so the guy bowls well in 1 series against zim and we give him tickets for a year??

if you wanna be professional, start asking for consistent performance.

C'mon man, the guy is making a comeback.And add to that, he was the second best bowler in the series(second only to Shane Bond), so how can you say he's out of form.

SunnyBoi said:
hehe..embedded in the contract..wicked idea :D

if that happens, the indian team will comprice of just 2-3 players :|

No man ... once this is done you will be surprised how the teams performance will change - they just need a solid kick in the body part where the sun dont shine and they will become World Champs !! Dont forget the amount of money these slobs earn - that is a real incentive to perfom if it going to be taken away !!!

hmmm..yeah, they didnt get into the world cup finals for nothing....buteven with that kick, i doubt anything changes...:p

HeHe ! One thing for sure ! Chappell seems to have more balls than Wright ! I read sometime back in Cricinfo that Gavaskar mentioned that the players were openly disrespectful to Wright during the end of his tenure. Coaches in American Football and Basketball get lot more respect for sure !

And I believe Sehwag's stats in Tests is very good - certainly way better than Ganguly's in recent times.

Ganguly should go ! NOW ! Simply for the fact that after all that has happened he isn't going to get any respect from the Team, and coz there are better players (atleast younger) who are waiting to get in !

That said, if Ganguly comes up with a couple of rollicking match-saving knocks against SriLanka (cricket is a funny game), life is gonna be miserable for Chappell :p !

Ganguly's test stats:
http://content.cricinfo.com/india/content/story/219480.html

Front page of cricinfo: Poor Chappell and The Lucky Loser Tom Moody :p !
http://www.cricinfo.com/

Ganguly is out of form for over 2 years. Thats too much. He scored that 100 for himself and not for the team. He was not playing for the team. He got VVS run out.

He is not fit. its clear for last 2 year seeing his running on field and fielding.

Whatever chappel said is correct. He is just playing for his captaincy. He is there for politics and money.

When we talk about sachin, look at his record over last two years. He is still scoring runs at very good regularity. Ok that fearless hitting is gone but he is still scoring runs and at descent strike rate with good shots. Thats the difference between him and Ganguly.

I say ditch ganguly right now. bring back badani and Mongia. Those two have been performing good in India and in county cricket. They deserve the chance. but they wont get that chance unless Ganguly goes.

Sehwag is match winner any given day. If he clicks we win the match. He has got little bulky in last 6 months. He needs to work on his fitness right now but he is still good.

Ganguly is wested. Period.

I read about people raving about Agarkar's performance and checked his stats for the Zim-Nz-India series. I think performance against teams like Zim masks a few things. Agarkar's bowling against NZ in the three matches in the same series are given below. I don't think even Agarkar will claim that those are decent figures. Similarly, Ganguly's century against the Zim team is not also a sign of his getting into any sort of form.

Agarkar against Nz

7.1 0 45 2 (Econ Rate) 6.28
10 1 61 2 (Econ Rate) 6.10
6.1 0 43 0 (Econ Rate) 6.97

Regarding the current debate, I feel that Ganguly does not deserve a place in the team. On the other hand, Chappel's email (if the reports are true) shows that he is also bit edgy. And I genuinely feel that even Tendulkar should be asked to prove his fitness and form in the domestic circuit before he is given a place in the national team.

Back