Gears of War 3 - Discussion Thread

Re: PS3 & X360 titles

Gannu said:
Glad to hear that Fenix! Enjoy the game now. :D

So far i liked the script , the events are held together tightly . There is no missing link , graphics wise this one is good than Gears 1 but i liked the Gears II more . Maybe thats just me .

Completed this masterpiece a few minutes back and I'm speechless. I thought nothing could top Gears of War 2, but I have been proved wrong by EPIC. This was a perfect conclusion to one of the most brilliant action game of all time. Yes, it was emotional and the character progression was handled very well. The humour was balanced and there were some witty one-liners between Baird and Sam. The graphics were definitely bumped up and thank heavens we finally got to see some colour, before we bid adieu to this franchise. Pacing of this game was spot on, with ACT III taking the cake, for being the most action oriented and adrenaline pumping act of all. I was amazed to see how stable this game was, despite the fact that it had so much destruction being rendered on screen, all at once. Loved the boss fights, but like devfatality mentioned earlier about the finale fight, I wish it was as satisfying as RAAM from the first game. For people who still need more reason to buy an X360, THIS IS IT. It would be a capital sin to miss out on the trilogy. I bought this console for playing Gears and now I can honestly say, money well spent. :)

Epic job EPIC!

WTF is this shit? :p

167714e9d17bc953e4.jpg

Cliff has Gears of War 3 on his PS3

Single player DLC incoming!

Gears of War 3 'RAAM

“RAAM’s Shadow” is set before the events of the original Gears of War, and puts players in the shoes of Zeta squad lead by Michael Barrick (from the Gears of War comics), Lt. Minh Young Kim (Gears 1) and Tai Kaliso (Gears 2), and a new female, Alicia Valera. Players will eventually get to play as General RAAM, the Locust leader players fight at the end of the first game. "RAAM's Shadow" costs 1,200 Microsoft Points and will be out December 13.

Divya where art thou? :ashamed:

Yes. All DLC content needs to be downloaded from your XBL Gold profile. Once you purchase it, the content will be locked to your profile only.

Gannu said:
:mad:

How do we go about with that? Someone correct me if I am wrong but this needs to be downloaded to the console from XBLM.

Don't tell me you were playing to buy one and share it :rofl:

YAY! RAAM's Shadow DLC is out now. Can't wait to try it out. :clap:

For those who don't know, this is what you're in for:

RAAM’s Shadow adds more than three hours of campaign gameplay, featuring missions on both sides of the Locust War. As the COG, play as the veterans of Zeta Squad: Tai, Minh, Valera, and Barrick. As the Locust, you are the fearsome General RAAM with all new executions and the power of the Kryllstorm. Also included are 250 Achievement Points, the Chocolate weapon skin pack, and six new character skins for Versus multiplayer:

Chocolate weapon skin pack
Characters
Michael Barrick
Minh Young Kim
Tai Kaliso
Alicia Valera
RAAM
Theron Elite

on the 24th Nov, the booster map pack will be released along with two maps from gears 1, swamp and clock tower.

Yesterday five of us got to wave 49 on normal mode, couldn't get past fifty on blood drive. Earlier three of us were stuck on wave 50 on overpass.

Back