Gears of War 3 - Discussion Thread

I really liked the graphics in gear 3, some of the maps are amazingly colourful compared to gears 2. Yes lighting is awesome, my favourite is Baird, he's so damn obnoxious with his one liners

devvfata1ity said:
^ gears 3 graphics are definitely superior to UC 2 and GOW 3.
Now this, I have to see. Considering how UE3's texture streaming on console is still evident, I don't see how it's superior to UC2 or God of War III's graphics.

KZ3 is nowhere close to UC 2 and GOW 3 either. It was the best for any FPS game that has come for the PS3 but between Gears 3 and UC 2/GOW 3, it is probably a no brainer and an 80 yr old granny can say that.

Best Textures = Crysis , MGS 4 , AC II
Best Visuals = UC 2 , GOW 3

Have seen and played GeOW3 a bit and can say it looks better because of its color palette & lightning it just makes the game a bit pumped up on visuals I still believe the textures on GeOW3 are not that great.

Watch the GT review and it will point out the texture streaming and pop-in issues. I'm pretty sure it's not an hindrance, but that doesn't take away the flaw of this engine. As far as lighting effects go, God of War III's lighting effects are jaw-dropping. Observe the character detailing in God of War III, it's immensely realistic. Even the cut-scenes are rendered in real time. UC2's shadows, draw distance, physics and particle effects are superior in every manner. UE3 has great potential, but it has some equally disturbing issues, both on PC and consoles.

@gannu..UC2 & GOW 3 both have great graphics but with Gears 3, EPIC seems to have pulled one out of the hat. Anyway graphical eye candy is a very subjective matter.

I'm playing it as of now.

They should have really done something about the speeding up the movements.

Also the run becomes glitchy sometimes when not looking for cover.

But those are just nit pickings :p

Overall a very cinematic experience.

Especially the opening just blew me away and I have only just begun playing.

@Saiyan: Did you try using the codes on the GeOW2 copy that I sold you? I was curious about the date of expiry.

Finished the game and am I thrilled or am I thrilled? :eek:hyeah:

Had to play on Hardcore to compensate for the tuned down difficulty.

Going to be a strong contender for GOTY overall.

Fitting end to the top game of the console.

Back