Gears of War 3 - Discussion Thread

Ooh....man. You guys are reallly 'gearing' up for this one. Gym, quality checks. Gosh. Gonna be a tough weekend must say. Enjoy.

:)

Haha I told ya! Freaky biatch! :bleh:

@Anil: Totally man! One epic weekend indeed. To make things sweeter, Dexter S6 E1 was out yesterday. :)

Gannu said:
Haha I told ya! Freaky biatch! :bleh:

@Anil: Totally man! One epic weekend indeed. To make things sweeter, Dexter S6 E1 was out yesterday. :)

Proper?? !! or are you talking about the DVDScr?

Game completado! Fcuk I'm running out of words to describe the experience. This is certainly one of a kind. One of those epic titles our generation will ever get to play and feel. Very very emotional finale - players be warned!

More later. Need to cook oats and fold a boatload of clothes.

Freaky said:
Dead maybe :p

Shush you! :mad:

Gannu said:
Game completado! Fcuk I'm running out of words to describe the experience. This is certainly one of a kind. One of those epic titles our generation will ever get to play and feel. Very very emotional finale - players be warned!

More later. Need to cook oats and fold a boatload of clothes.

Shush you! :mad:

Yea after a lot of 'hardwork' one must gobble down oats...to be able to run better....!

;)

Tell us about the game..? Do a game review -- or a mini one. Saiyan saar, same to you.

^I have only completed the first chapter :p Will take a while for me to complete the game. Am not like gannu :p

Oh this game is sooo sweeeet, completed act 4, my buddies couldn't stay up any longer friday night, so act 5 is to be completed, multiplayer is fun too and beast mode was surprisingly entertaining

"Brothers to the end!!!"

Goddammit this game is freaking awesome. Completed 3 Acts so far.

Don't know the last game in which i got so attached the characters. Can't even recall.

This game triggered me to buy the console and i must say it is totally worth it!!!!

^how did it feel when "he" did that? I was completely shocked and taken aback!

But I'm glad Dom did that cos as such he was under great depression after having lost Maria and his children. Not to mention he was finding it very hard to move on after euthanizing her in Gears 2. **** what a depressing sequence that was. :(

completed act 5 yesterday. took me the weekend to complete all the five acts. Played on insane. Dint get all the achievements though. I have only two words to describe GOW 3 campaign--- " awesome & polished". Its the gears game with the least number of bugs although the collision detection system is still not upto snuff. Kills with the chainsaw are still bit of a hit and miss in the heat of the battle. The difficulty is definitely more than gears 2 but much less than gears 1 in the hardest setting. Gears 1 was simply brutal especially the final boss fight with RAAM. The worst part of the game is the cutscenes though. Some are gorgeous (engine-driven ones) but majority of them are of a very poor quality due to the bink codec EPIC used for compressing the videos. The actual game looks pristine compared to the cutscenes. IMHO gears 3 has arguably the best graphics of any game in this console generation.

SPOILER ALERT: The final boss fight with queen myrrah was kind of a let down. It was simply too easy with the kind of weapons you had on your disposal.

^Put the spoiler alerts inside the spoiler tag. I had to keep looking here and there to avoid looking at what you posted and put it in the spoiler tag :S

devvfata1ity said:
IMHO gears 3 has arguably the best graphics of any game in this console generation.

Don't seem like it. There are titles on the PS3 that boast of superior graphics and visuals. For instance, Uncharted 2 and God of War III. But yeah for the X360, Gears 3 could have been it.

Saiyan said:
^Put the spoiler alerts inside the spoiler tag. I had to keep looking here and there to avoid looking at what you posted and put it in the spoiler tag :S

sorry boss and thanx for putting the spoiler tag :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

^ gears 3 graphics are definitely superior to UC 2 and GOW 3. Although KZ 3 does come close. The lighting is freeking awesome in gears 3 and much better done compared to UC 2. Although I think UC 3 will reclaim the top spot in console graphics. BTW just watch the light shafts in various parts of the game, they are simply beautiful

Back