FS: Video Card Geforce RTX 3070 - Inno3D TwinX2 Graphics Card

88 is a bit on the higher side, though it’s still within the max operating range of 90

Daisy chaining can cause a problem as Nvidia recommends not to use it in daisy chain.

Daisy chain working for someone who never faced an issue should not be a valid argument - there are folks who smoke regularly and still don’t get cancer. Doesn’t mean that smoking will never cause cancer.

Daisy chaining a 3070 on a 650w PSU shouldn't cause it to short, at all. I've powered an R9 290 (pulling 300W+) for two years on a VS450, just fine.

Although that Gigabyte PSU is garbage, and is a ticking time bomb.
Only if u haven't use it. Been using them for 4+ yrs now and that issue used to crop up if it is overloaded for extensive time as they had made the ocp too high

Last edited:
As suggested, the issue should be sorted amicably, and the losses split, if agreed upon by both parties.
that issie used to crop up if it is overloaded for extensive time as they had made the ocp too high
That, and also because the MOSFETs used in those units were of very questionable quality, so much so, that the failure rate was 50%.

Last edited:
The card was on Me for past 3 + years.
All this long, running with a Corsair RM850x.

The processor Paired was r5 360p, then r5 5600x, then r9 5900x

1. There has been no repair activities on the card.
2. The warranty label was intact, until last month when I tried repasting the card (though got no major temp improvement, a bare drop of 5 degrees)
3. I don't have any proper proof video, but few images that show the Warranty Void label was really there on the card.
4. I have stress tested the card, for nearly 1.5 hour, after repasting it, and it worked all fine. The in game temps on Valorant were about 8 degrees cooler than what it was before repasting.

It is unfortunate that the card is no longer working.
Though j allowed the customer to test it up properly, check if all is working good, and only then release the payment.

Shouldn't be an issue with the card as even after repasting I have used it for a good time.
+ The temps were not going so high in my case, peaked at 82 then came down to 80 again
But as customer said it hit ~85°, though not a good temp, but possible for the card to withstand it. Also depends on case airflow etc

Since not working on another system as well.
Let me try as I have a contact whom I shared the issue, can make an attempt to get the card repaired professionally.

For those saying the card is a repaired one, pls have a look yourself at the attached images. And also if a card has been repaired or not, you can't conclude that without having a proper look at the PCB.
For the labels damaged, I claim charge for the same, as isopropyl alcohol isn't something that only "repair person" can own. After repasting, blow dusting, that is the only best thing to be used for cleaning the pcb (after petrol, which is again expensive).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240826_175158_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20240826_175158_WhatsApp.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 161
  • Screenshot_20240826_175244_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20240826_175244_WhatsApp.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 141
88 is a bit on the higher side, though it’s still within the max operating range of 90

Daisy chaining can cause a problem as Nvidia recommends not to use it in daisy chain.

Daisy chain working for someone who never faced an issue should not be a valid argument - there are folks who smoke regularly and still don’t get cancer. Doesn’t mean that smoking will never cause cancer.
Nvidia recommends that for high-end cards like the 3080 and 3090, and some of the 3070 models come with a single 8-pin connector, it's not a power-hungry card. The secondary 8-pin is for a safer side as lot cards have while the power consumption is less than required.

On the part Of Seller :
1. Seller Claims it was a clean card but doesn't Seem So.
2. he said under Stress it maxes 80 but it's around 88 in gaming despite repasting with CM fuse.
3. seller asks for continuous testing, payment, and feedback within 2 hours of receiving the card.
4. Seller said to go ahead with the 85 to 88 as long it is under 90.

On the Part of the Buyer :
1. I use a Single lane dual connector supply but its working flawlessly.
2. I trust him so quickly I make payment instantly after just checking the card without properly Stressing or Gaming.
3. I accepted the Implied consent of using the card around 85 to 88 degrees.

No matter what could be the cause .at First a Seller doesn't conceal the Card Condition which is said to be clean and temp issues >
.I don't want the Card to be repaired again. I don't want this card as I guess its life has ended so repairing it again and again is of no use to me. if u are so sure
about ur card. You can take it back but why are you reluctant to take it back even at a low cost even have a professional repair guy

Kindly members do have a proper resolution.
I am ready to share the loss as there is some mistake on my part as well but I don't want the repaired card if it has a minor issue.
I am letting the card go in all situations.

Last edited:
Nvidia recommends that for high-end cards like the 3080 and 3090, and some of the 3070 models come with a single 8-pin connector, it's not a power-hungry card. The secondary 8-pin is for a safer side as lot cards have while the power consumption is less than required.

On the part Of Seller :
1. Seller Claims it was a clean card but doesn't Seem So.
2. he said under Stress it maxes 80 but it's around 88 in gaming despite repasting with CM fuse.
3. seller asks for continuous testing, payment, and feedback within 2 hours of receiving the card.
4. Seller said to go ahead with the 85 to 88 as long it is under 90.

On the Part of the Buyer :
1. I use a Single lane dual connector supply but its working flawlessly.
2. I trust him so quickly I make payment instantly after just checking the card without properly Stressing or Gaming.
3. I accepted the Implied consent of using the card around 85 to 88 degrees.

No matter what could be the cause .at First a Seller doesn't conceal the Card Condition which is said to be clean and temp issues >
.I don't want the Card to be repaired again. I don't want this card as I guess its life has ended so repairing it again and again is of no use to me. if u are so sure
about ur card. You can take it back but why are you reluctant to take it back even at a low cost even have a professional repair guy

Kindly members do have a proper resolution.
I am ready to share the loss as there is some mistake on my part as well but I don't want the repaired card if it has a minor issue.
I am letting the card go in all situations.
I am not saying that the card is at fault.
Again, I have proper images showing the peak temps of the card at my test bench, peaking almost 82 degrees.
But still I agreed at 85+ as the gpu danger zone is above 90 (as per manufacturer)

The card has never been opened beforehand the repaste, warranty seal images shared already.

I allowed the customer to take his time and have it tested, only then release the payment.
Now it's upto the customer whether he tests it fir 10min or 10 hrs, once he is done testing only then he should release the payment.

And for all past deals on Techenclave.com, the reviews have been dropped the same day, so here too I just asked if the buyer could drop a review, is a review is the only thing seller gets so that he can sell further.

If the card was really at fault, why would it work fine at my place (proof images and videos available for 2hr stress test)

And once the buyer confirmed the card is working, only then he released the remaining amount.
And the next day if something happens to the item, how can now I be held for it ?

If it would have arrived damaged or didn't work at first place, I would have beared the loss all on my own.
But after confirming it's working fine, testing it out, and then the next day telling it won't work, how does that work ??

I am still willing to offer a support hand from my end by trying to get the customer in touch with "Jey's Computers" admin, who is willing to have a look and have it repaired on a professional level.

Will add few pointers other than what is already mentioned.

1. Temp of 80+ is high considering pictures of GPU which looks to be cleaned via IPA wipe and most likely via removing of FAN case before sale.Temp can also get high due to worn off or improper way of applying paste.Cards can die while using high pressure air to clean or get short if paste gets overspilled on pcb.

2. Take out motherboard from case , reset bios to default and test it with different psu and different display cables.
If GPU is shorted via anyway while being used in system, it will most probably take the pcie slot with it if it's due PSU or transient volt spikes and you will see or smell capacitor burn or black spot on the pcb ( back side ).

3. Feel the GPU by putting you fingers at the backside of the pcb while system is ON.If it's getting hot then it's most likely you have a PCB/ Capacitor problem.
Repair is only option.

Most GPU die due to over spike of voltages , even if card is at default volts or bios limited as shown by GPU monitoring sw's.

4. If it's under testing warranty and no physical damage ( burn ) to the card then return it.

You have not been clean about it; it has been used for mining for years, which you did not mention.

Plus, the temps were 85 right out of the game with the side panel open. Everyone is saying touching 90°C is not normal after repaste and most probably might have spilled the paste which is coming from the heatsink that may cause Short

You have insisted on testing, payment, and feedback even though I have not opened the package yet. I should have smelt something fishy that time, but my issue was that I trusted you.

The GPU was received in the afternoon, and the next morning I did gaming; it didn't survive 1 hour in gaming. Even a spike wouldn't have caused a short circuit; it may be rebooted. because the GPU's life has already reached its end, or maybe it has been improperly repaired before.

I have been a reputed member here for years. least I have issues with anyone, although I have done so many deals.

The resolution you provide is like, as you made your profit, now you want to profit your repair guy too.

Let the MODS and concerned members find the right resolution after ascertaining all the facts.

Last edited:
You have not been clean about it; it has been used for mining for years, which you did not mention.

Plus, the temps were 85 right out of the game with the side panel open. Everyone is saying touching 90°C is not normal after repaste and most probably might have spilled the paste which is coming from the heatsink that may cause Short

You have insisted on testing, payment, and feedback even though I have not opened the package yet. I should have smelt something fishy that time, but my issue was that I trusted you.

The GPU was received in the afternoon, and the next morning I did gaming; it didn't survive 1 hour in gaming. Even a spike wouldn't have caused a short circuit; it may be rebooted. because the GPU's life has already reached its end, or maybe it has been improperly repaired before.

I have been a reputed member here for years. least I have issues with anyone, although I have done so many deals.

The resolution you provide is like, as you made your profit, now you want to profit your repair guy too.

Let the MODS and concerned members find the right resolution after ascertaining all the facts.

Look bro, idk how do I prove that the card has been used on my primary PC, but I did share images showing the temps at 82-84 max.
Being in kashmir, your peak temps must be lower than mine, but again, if it is under the max limit, it shouldn't be an issue.

The paste even if spilled, it will remain on the gpu die, as it is shielded by a limiter strap on all sides.

I never ever asked you to instantly pay me out, you tested it yourself, only then released the pay. I gave you time to test it out, then decide if to keep it or to return.
Even if the same day you inform there is a power issue, I would have accepted, but again, a possibility appears on the PSU, cuz if the card demands sudden increase of power and the power supply fails to provide it, then it can definitely cause some damage to power components as the power supply required by it was interrupted, causing it to short out.

See I am not blaming you, but atleast don't put the blame on me as on false accusation.

Coming to profit, I am using a 3080ti since last few months, and the repair guy, you may check on with the same grp on facebook, tonnes of people are there in the grp, and how come I as an individual benefit the admin, that too when he will be getting it repaired from some service center ?

Yeah, I even have a lower 5 to 10-degree atmospheric temperature. Otherwise, the card would have to go above 90. I also shared an image of 85 degrees right out of the game.

You yourself said you didn't know much about paste, so how did you manage to paste the card carefully?

You have insisted on me even though I have not opened the parcel yet. If you were not insisted, I would have checked out properly. I thought maybe you were in need, but I didn't know it actually worked for you. Yesterday afternoon I got the card, and today morning it has been short circuited. It does not even survive 1 hour in gaming; it has not been 24 hours yet, which you already give implied testing warranty by saying go ahead as long as it's under 90, which is not normal for use.

I have also using this PSU for 2 years on different cards with 3070 ti as well. Plus, I paired your 3070 with an i3 12 gen CPU, so total power would be 270 watts. It's 650 bronze; it would at least give 560 wattage easily.either the card was not urs at firstplace or u have conceal the fact that it is not a mining card .. I can say for sure only mining card needs to wipe Via ipa so it has reached its life.

You have to provide me with a genuine resolution. This forum is about trust, honesty, and rules that you have to follow; not to make your own rules.

Daisy chain does not cause short circuit, your system will just reboot when a spikes occurs or the cables will melt ,85 is really really high in gaming considering the guy is in kashmir its not normal at all, crossing 80 degree in testing is completely different than crossing it during gaming

Was the buyer aware that the card was opened and repasted?
Did the buyer asked what was the card used for or did the seller disclose it?

If i bought something and its stops working within few hours i will believe the item to be faulty right from start,
Lapses on the buyers part he wasn't vigilant enough, do not trust without having any reason to trust and don't buy oow gpu or be ready to loose all your money its a gamble

The resolution I offered only favors him more than me. He would have accepted that right away if he knew his card was clean, but he knew he made a fortune out of his mining card or repaired card, which was made to work temporarily. So he is refusing any resolution. He won't mind even if he is getting banned. He will open a new account and become a Patron again.

@mods: the last opportunity Should be given to the seller to settle for any resolution.

Last edited:
The 3070/Ti does tend to run on the hotter side.

However, buyer's gaming screenshot shows the card running at 85°C @ just 86% GPU load
This is not normal. Max temps should only be seen at full usage.
Either the repaste wasn't done properly, or the heatsink got knocked loose in transit.

Please share the stress test screenshots/recordings here.

Did the seller ever mention if the gpu was repasted ?
Also he wrote in description that the gpu is in mint condition, That is wrong.

Also better communication from both sides was lacking,
& yes, gpu @ 80 is not normal.

The 3070/Ti does tend to run on the hotter side.

However, buyer's gaming screenshot shows the card running at 85°C @ just 86% GPU load
This is not normal. Max temps should only be seen at full usage.
Either the repaste wasn't done properly, or the heatsink got knocked loose in transit.

Please share the stress test screenshots/recordings here.
The card has been working flawlessly ever since on my hands, even before repaste, the usage did not hit peaks until I used it while video rendering with Adobe Media Encoder.
That was probably the only time I saw it show full load on Task Manager.
But on the MSI Kombustor, it appears fine as full load, and the wattage sometimes showed "101%" during the full load stress test.

I don't have complete video, but image that shows that the card easily survived a 1.5hr long stress test with zero issues.
A video must also be there, but will have to look for it from old chats on marketplace.

I am damn sure about my card being in 100% working health, and zero issues apart from high temps, which the customer was already informed of.
If even after 1.5hrs, the peak temp is 86 degree, how come the customer achieve 87-89 degrees, that too living in a cooler place than mine ?

I am not blaming, but I doubt his test rig, could be anything unpredictable, but the cause for the mishap.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-27 233333.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-08-27 233333.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 123
First of all, he mentioned in the ad under Stress that the temperature max is 80. but after I tested it, it was 85 right out of the game. I immediately contacted him; he said that time it was okay as long as it was 90 and there were no issues. Go ahead. He also said it was 93 to 95 before the paste. and he said he didn't much know about thermal paste, so how did he manage to make a carefully pasted card like 3070?

His whole ad description is against him.

Plus, he has mentioned he has two cards to sell in the ad. So he put all the images out of the blue. Sometimes with different tests and sometimes with different temps.

He is offering he would repair the card for me and send it back to me after repair. So he has already got a repair guy at his disposal to do such things.

To cut it short The GPU didn't survive even 1 hour of gaming, with abnormal temps, improper paste, and mostly probably mining or repaired card and it was not even 24 hours of receiving the card.

Last edited:
@asimh99 @TechnologyHell
So far it seems testing warranty was not discussed in trade. Was 'repasting of GPU' discussed/mentioned?

You have insisted on me even though I have not opened the parcel yet. If you were not insisted, I would have checked out properly. I thought maybe you were in need, but I didn't know it actually worked for you.
Did you pay without opening and installing card?

seller asks for continuous testing, payment, and feedback within 2 hours of receiving the card.
This and
I never ever asked you to instantly pay me out, you tested it yourself, only then released the pay. I gave you time to test it out, then decide if to keep it or to return.
this do not match. Clear some air on this.

issue of the video
Can't see it - seems deleted.

@asimh99 @TechnologyHell
So far it seems testing warranty was not discussed in trade. Was 'repasting of GPU' discussed/mentioned?

This and

He paid 10k advance
7.5k he said he will pay after receiving and delivery of card.

I've mentioned stress temps as ~80 , where (~) symbol symbolizes around
On furmark, max ranges from 79 to 82, keeps changing time to time
I've run a stress test on kombustor for 2hrs, and also shared that info with the customer.

Customer said the temps are high, so he would take it for 17+ ship
I said okay I'll try changing the paste, hoping better results, and closed the deal at 17.5 shipped
10k advance
7.5k after testing

Now he tests it
It works fine
He makes payment
Next day it dies
How am i responsible for all this ??

I repasted, found no major improvement.
Also shared previous images of the card where the warranty seal was intact.

People saying the card is a mined one
If it would be so, then they also claim it to be the reason for high temps on this card.
But they are forgetting that the idle temps are all great (35-40) degrees
NOW IF THE CARD WOULD REaLLY BE A MINED ONE, the idle temp should also have been higher.
But the idles are good.
The company says as long as it is under 90 degreed, it's all good to be used.
That's what I said the it's alright to be used like that in that temp zone.

And one more thing
I've already posted images showing the temps, but the customer got even higher temps out of the box. I'm telling again and again that his test bench is at suspicion.

Last edited:
@asimh99 @TechnologyHell

This and

First he said before ship max temps were 80 under stress, then I asked if it was a little bit high, and he replied he would repaste before ship.

Now, he is saying he pasted the card 10 days ago, and it's been working fine till then. So when exactly did he paste the card?

Also, he is showing the image now that he was getting 86 at stress. May be I wouldn't buy this if he had first shown this image.

Plus, as I received the card, I got 85 to 88 while just checking the game. That time he said it was all okay as long as it's 90. No worries, go ahead.

Within the 1 hour of parcel confirmation.He wrote on thread that the buyer confirmed it's working great and asked me repeatedly to leave the feedbeck with just 1 hour. How can one test it properly when I was already busy on Sunday? Luckily, next day was the Janamastami holiday; otherwise, I was in the intention of it's working great. So I just figured it didn't survive even 1 hour while my whole system was fine.

Normally, if any group says the seller is saying the product is working, it should be confirmed by the buyer, and that too, a testing warranty of 1 or 2 days should be by default. It's not like he mentioned it is as it whether it works or not.

Plus, the seller has been lying about the card's previous usage—temps, repaste, and those different images of tests.

This is the reason why he is refusing any resolution. All he said was he has a repair guy who can repair it and send it back to me. So he already doing this repairing business thing and sold out those repair cards.

Kindly, members do suggest the possible resolution after ascertaining all the facts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240828_145049_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240828_145049_Chrome.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 20240826_162842.jpg
    20240826_162842.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 85
Back