FS: Video Card Geforce RTX 3070 - Inno3D TwinX2 Graphics Card

You have insisted on me even though I have not opened the parcel yet. If you were not insisted, I would have checked out properly. I thought maybe you were in need, but I didn't know it actually worked for you.

It will surely help your case if you can throw some light on this claim.

3070 for 17.5k Shipped is almost too good of a deal to be true even in the current market.

Maybe you can open up the card to check for some repairing/soldering marks? If the card was a repaired one there ought to be some marks.

As a buyer , there are some things that you did wrong.
1) You had a testing period of x days, that were not communicated in the thread for clarification.
2) lets say u had 2 days for testing warranty.
There was no reason for you to pay the rest before 2 days.
Even tho the seller asked you for feedback/payment , you should have refused to do that before testing period.
3) be wary of buying items like gpu/iphone etc from people who sell a large quantity of them, they probably are either resellers or seeling mined cards.

Now , i m not siding with anyone here, as this is one of those cases where both parties can blame each other with adequate arguments in their favour.

Buyer's side - got a product that malfunctioned with 1 day. I would not want anyone to be in his shoes.

Seller can say he had the buyer confirm it working fine and payment released , ending his
Part of the deal.

Let this be a lesson for other members on how not to repeat the same mistake.

As for resolution, there are only two options.
1) both take the loss equally.
2) nothing since the deal was already completed according to sellers pov.

Whatever ends up happening, someone is coming out of this deal getting ****ed.

You have not been clean about it; it has been used for mining for years, which you did not mention.

Plus, the temps were 85 right out of the game with the side panel open. Everyone is saying touching 90°C is not normal after repaste and most probably might have spilled the paste which is coming from the heatsink that may cause Short

You have insisted on testing, payment, and feedback even though I have not opened the package yet. I should have smelt something fishy that time, but my issue was that I trusted you.

The GPU was received in the afternoon, and the next morning I did gaming; it didn't survive 1 hour in gaming. Even a spike wouldn't have caused a short circuit; it may be rebooted. because the GPU's life has already reached its end, or maybe it has been improperly repaired before.

I have been a reputed member here for years. least I have issues with anyone, although I have done so many deals.

The resolution you provide is like, as you made your profit, now you want to profit your repair guy too.

Let the MODS and concerned members find the right resolution after ascertaining all the facts.
if it was 88'C then the hotspot will be 100+.
It's faulty GPU, i bought 3070ti for my friend, it worked fine for 6 months, its temp were 80-85, but hotspot was touching 100, then it showed same problem as yours, it was in warranty so got it replaced.
seller trying to hurry to close the deal seems another red flag, seems like he knew.

In my opinion, the seller should provide a full refund. It's reasonable to expect a 2-3 day testing warranty for Out of Warranty (OOW) products. I've had a similar experience in the past when I sold a 1080ti to @Rajiv Sri and it developed issues after the 2-day warranty period expired. I voluntarily refunded the full amount without hesitation, allowing him sufficient time to test the product. I didn't rush him to complete the deal.

I think seller should refund 75%. Then if seller claims he has access to repair he can repair and try to sell it again. Buyer should ship it back at his cost. Just what I think, but the mods should intervene and offer the arbitration. There are enough arguments from both parties in this thread.

if it was 88'C then the hotspot will be 100+.
It's faulty GPU, i bought 3070ti for my friend, it worked fine for 6 months, its temp were 80-85, but hotspot was touching 100, then it showed same problem as yours, it was in warranty so got it replaced.
seller trying to hurry to close the deal seems another red flag, seems like he knew.

In my opinion, the seller should provide a full refund. It's reasonable to expect a 2-3 day testing warranty for Out of Warranty (OOW) products. I've had a similar experience in the past when I sold a 1080ti to @Rajiv Sri and it developed issues after the 2-day warranty period expired. I voluntarily refunded the full amount without hesitation, allowing him sufficient time to test the product. I didn't rush him to complete the deal.
I was just going to point this out, regarding hotspot/memory temps. If GPU temps are that high, this should be checked, as well. Hotspot has a TjMax of 110c. GPU temps in these cards are mostly meaningless since GPU temps only measure die-edge temps. Hotspot and memory are the real parameters that need to be checked.

For example, my 3080 FE never crosses 67 on the GPU temps, but hotspot/memory can reach 78/90c under loads >360w.

As a buyer , there are some things that you did wrong.
1) You had a testing period of x days, that were not communicated in the thread for clarification.
2) lets say u had 2 days for testing warranty.
There was no reason for you to pay the rest before 2 days.
Even tho the seller asked you for feedback/payment , you should have refused to do that before testing period.
3) be wary of buying items like gpu/iphone etc from people who sell a large quantity of them, they probably are either resellers or seeling mined cards.

Now , i m not siding with anyone here, as this is one of those cases where both parties can blame each other with adequate arguments in their favour.

Buyer's side - got a product that malfunctioned with 1 day. I would not want anyone to be in his shoes.

Seller can say he had the buyer confirm it working fine and payment released , ending his
Part of the deal.

Let this be a lesson for other members on how not to repeat the same mistake.

As for resolution, there are only two options.
1) both take the loss equally.
2) nothing since the deal was already completed according to sellers pov.

Whatever ends up happening, someone is coming out of this deal getting ****ed.
but the seller can't complete the deal based on lies. His whole description in the ad is based on lies, and nothing is relevant to the card.

My mistake was only to trust; as I had a smooth deals in the forum past, I was under the impression that it should be working fine; otherwise, why would I pay instantly without proper checking? I should have at least taken 1 or 2 days to check first. Plus, he had already taken 10k in advance. So I guess he would have been even happier with 10k, as he knew his card as well and that extra money is like a bonus to him.

Okay, I have never replaced the thermal paste ever in a GPU but I decided to replace it after reading news about OEM's using shitty thermal paste to save money.

I have a Zotac 3060 Ti and the hotspot temps were hitting 110 degrees (I live in one of the hottest places on earth which is not a desert) under full load and was throttling while sounding like a jet enging, so I opened up the GPU and replaced the thermal paste with MX4.

I haven't done stress test though as the card is stable and quiet when I'm gaming the hot spot rarely touches 90 degrees.

The reason why I'm mentioning is that, the pics uploaded by OP in the original post shows signs of the card being repaired/messed with.

Check this pic, https://techenclave.com/attachments/img-20240818-wa0088-jpg.205148/, with the center 4 screws, showing signs of handling.

These 4 screws doesn't need to be removed to replace the thermal paste and they need to be removed only if you're going to mess with the PCB.

Also, other screws and the places around it on the metal board shows signs of improper handling.

The most important point is that OP didn't mention about the GPU being opened to replace the thermal paste in the original post.

IMNSHO, OP should refund the buyer and the buyer should return it as it was received, without messing with the card trying to replace the thermal paste or anything else.

Already claimed that I have repasted and cleaned it up before putting the For Sale thread.
Also repasted when the customer said the temps are high, so basically repasted twice in under 2 weeks

The first repaste brought down 6 degrees, keeping the max as 83
The second repaste brought almost no difference, apart from the minimum temp dropped down by a few degrees.

Already claimed that I have repasted and cleaned it up before putting the For Sale thread.
Claimed where?

You should have mentioned it in this sale thread. From what I see, it hasn't been mentioned.

And you haven't responded to the middle 4 screws showing handling marks.

Edit:
In defense of the seller.

Although, the seller may have sent a repaired card, it was delivered in working condition.

I have lost trust in the buyer too after reading about daisy chaining a PSU. Really?

Modern GPU's are designed to throttle if the temps exceed the limit, so the first step is throttling (as it happened for me). The there will software crash and we have to reboot the PC, which will turn on fine as the GPU is not under heavy load while booting and will work fine until its under high load again.

Conclusion:
If any other sane buyer had bought the card and he had a proper PSU and the card died, he would not settle for a 50-50 loss.

The buyer is using the forum like a shopping website and he has bought multiple GPU's in the past 6 months. lol :snaphappy:

The seller is new and I see lots of new members with Patron status who are interested in just the market.

I feel that both parties are lying and karma served them both.

The seller sold a repaired card and the buyer killed it with a bad PSU by daisy chaining.

I'm done with this issue. :imp:

Last edited:
Claimed where?

You should have mentioned it in this sale thread. From what I see, it hasn't been mentioned.

Edit:

Although, the seller may have sent a repaired card, it was delivered in working condition.

I have lost trust in the buyer too after reading about daisy chaining a PSU. Really?

Modern GPU's are designed to throttle if the temps exceed the limit, so the first step is throttling (as it happened for me). The there will software crash and we have to reboot the PC, which will turn on fine as the GPU is not under heavy load while booting and will work fine until its under high load again.

Conclusion:
If any other sane buyer had bought the card and he had a proper PSU and the card died, he would not settle for a 50-50 loss.

The buyer is using the forum like a shopping website and he has bought multiple GPU's in the past 6 months. lol :snaphappy:

The seller is new and I see lots of new members with Patron status who are interested in just the market.

The seller sold a repaired card and the buyer killed it with a bad PSU by daisy chaining.

He himself said now the card was faulty
Claimed where?

Edit:

Conclusion:

He himself said now the card is faulty because of which he used to paste the card again and again to check the temperature difference and that he concealed it from the description. This is what I have been trying to say this whole description is based on lies.i bought the card only after reading the description.

@Panda I don't lie about anything. I don't really have to say anything much. I used a GPU for like an hour, and it didn't survive. It just shutdown within 1 hour, and after that it trips the PSU while the system and PSU work fine with other GPUs. I have even admitted I did use a single-lane dual connector. I have used that in the past with 3070 ti with same psu, no such issues. A bad PSU first burns themselves, whereas a spike would never kill a GPU unless the GPU has been improperly repaired, mined, or something.

The only reason I accept the loss is coz of I was negligent while checking the seller and I paid the remaining amount instantly without properly checking it first.i was in the impression that the gpu was working fine due to my past experince with the people here.

He himself said now the card was faulty

He himself said now the card is faulty because of which he used to paste the card again and again to check the temperature difference and that he concealed it from the description. This is what I have been trying to say this whole description is based on lies.i bought the card only after reading the description.

@Panda I don't lie about anything. I don't really have to say anything much. I used a GPU for like an hour, and it didn't survive. It just shutdown within 1 hour, and after that it trips the PSU while the system and PSU work fine with other GPUs. I have even admitted I did use a single-lane dual connector. I have used that in the past with 3070 ti with same psu, no such issues. A bad PSU first burns themselves, whereas a spike would never kill a GPU unless the GPU has been improperly repaired, mined, or something.

The only reason I accept the loss is coz of I was negligent while checking the seller and I paid the remaining amount instantly without properly checking it first.i was in the impression that the gpu was working fine due to my past experince with the people here.
Where did OP admit that the card was faulty?

Where did OP admit that the card was faulty?

He didnt mention it in description that the card was repasted neither he mentions it to me before ship .all he said that time if the 80 is high i will try to repaste before ship ..Now he is saying he has repasted it again and again .so why would anyone repaste the card again and again if it is not having temps issues and such issues are termed as Gpu is faulty.

Last edited:
Does Inno3D have a service centre in your area? If they are willing to look at the card and give a written diagnosis on what's wrong with it, you could proceed accordingly.

When testing with a different GPU, the system functions well.
Which is the other GPU and is it also using the PCI-e power cables?

Does Inno3D have a service centre in your area? If they are willing to look at the card and give a written diagnosis on what's wrong with it, you could proceed accordingly.

Which is the other GPU and is it also using the PCI-e power cables
there is no service center in my area On top of that there is no any chip repair level person here who can diagnose or look at what could be an issue. I can't visit Delhi for this. All I can do is unscrew the heatsink and share the pictures. I have used 2 GPUs after that a frd 2060 S and currently using 1660s with the same connector.

It looks like all the issues have been discussed in the thread now.

I have admitted my mistake regarding negligence and blind faith to the forum, to which I offered a 60% refund and took back the card as he was already having some repair guy who could repair it. this offer only favors more to him more than me. In fact Some of the members assumed it could be just a capacitor blown which could be easily repaired as there was no burn smoke or smell.I still cant assume anything only the seller knows its history.

To my surprise, he is offering 25% refunds along with the card. I can't believe this; he is trying to get more fortune out of this situation.

I have a friend who is an advocate in consumer court. What are the legal remedies for this?

Last edited:
there is no service center in my area On top of that there is no any chip repair level person here who can diagnose or look at what could be an issue. I can't visit Delhi for this. All I can do is unscrew the heatsink and share the pictures. I have used 2 GPUs after that a frd 2060 S and currently using 1660s with the same connector.

It looks like all the issues have been discussed in the thread now.

I have admitted my mistake regarding negligence and blind faith to the forum, to which I offered a 60% refund and took back the card as he was already having some repair guy who could repair it. this offer only favors more to him more than me. In fact Some of the members assumed it could be just a capacitor blown which could be easily repaired as there was no burn smoke or smell.I still cant assume anything only the seller knows its history.

To my surprise, he is offering 25% refunds along with the card. I can't believe this; he is trying to get more fortune out of this situation.

I have a friend who is an advocate in consumer court. What are the legal remedies for this?
If you didn't do anything wrong, then don't settle for anything less than a full 100% refund.

I don't know how law works in online trading, especially in a forum trade, so I can't help with it but make sure to save screenshots of all conversations outside this forum.

The seller saying that the GPU is in mint condition and then sending a twice re-pasted card to the buyer. Nobody even knows if he opened the PCB shielding to even have the GPU repaired at some point. Damn.

Its seems like now the seller is trying to keep 75% of the money he reaped from this and also take back the card so he can sell it to another buyer who steps into his trap again in the days to come.

buyer agrees to negligence and blind faith. but should also consider the sketchy rig the card is tested in. Possibilities are endless as there has been mishaps on both buyers and the sellers end. There is no right or wrong here, just compromise, as enough proof is neither available for buyer's claims or seller's claims. Honor the platform and just settle at 50/50, that's I would implore to buyer and seller. Of course buyer keeps the goods and if the seller wants it back it should be 75/25.

i have an open case in consumer forum for past 7 years.TARIKH PE TARIKH padti hai bas hota kuch nahi hai.
Lets not go there and settle it here peacefully and as soon as possible.

@TechnologyHell
Keep yourself in his shoes. No one will pay 18-20k for a 1 day GPU.
i have seen new products fail after few hours. INTRANSIT DAMAGES should also be considered.Even during transit, things gets damaged which are not apparently noticable from outside and immediately.
electronics are delicate items and i have seen the handelling of couriers.
Electrostatic damages during card handelling(packing / unpacking / testing) can also be not predicted.

Card was OLD and it FAILED. It was UNINTENTIONAL.
Since he is not interested in the repairs and is even willing to accept the loss and settle, you should consider it.
He released the money in good faith.Now ball is in your court.

@asimh99
Learn the lesson and ask for atleast 7 days testing warrnaty for non Manufacturer warranty products.
Also follow the proper installation specification.If you don't know how to do something, ASK FOR HELP!!
You can always read online or watch videos to do things correctly.

@Mods
Kindly make it mandatory to provide 7 days testing period for used products that are not covered in manufacturer warranty.
Seller have to take back the product , provided there is no phycical damage and buyer has to document the condition of the product when received.
After testing period, there can be no claim regarding failure of product.

There is no issue with daisy chaining a GPU that consumes about 270W watt max (stock settings). As for power spikes I don't think this card spikes much if any at all. That problem is mainly with high end graphics card like 3080ti or 3090. Now I'm not saying you should daisy chain, Only in cases where its a low-mid range GPU and you don't have any other choice like a PSU that only has 1 PCIe cable with daisy chain connectors. Also general consensus online is that some strongly believe it doesn't matter whereas some are straight up against it so its up to you to decide.

One thing more, Nvidia likes to have some wiggle room (maybe for power spikes + whatever extra accessories one might not consider) when they announce recommended minimum PSU wattage. For RTX 3070 they recommended 650W minimum but I have read posts online of people mentioning they are able to run RTX 3070 on a 500W PSU without an issue. Now on the opposite end I have seen someone say they had to upgrade their PSU to a 1000W for a RTX 3070 as their previous 750W PSU wasn't up to it (sounds insane to me so most probably a bad PSU).

My main point here is I doubt daisy chaining caused this GPU to go bad. Bad thermals even after a repaste means either the paste was bad/trash, wasn't applied correctly or GPU had something going on with it which is why its now dead.

But they are forgetting that the idle temps are all great (35-40) degrees
NOW IF THE CARD WOULD REaLLY BE A MINED ONE, the idle temp should also have been higher.
But the idles are good.
Source please. As far as I know, if you have changed thermal paste and thermal pads a mined card will be no different than any other. The most common issue with mined cards are their fans wearing out which can be replaced (or just slap 90mm cabinet fans)

Check this pic, https://techenclave.com/attachments/img-20240818-wa0088-jpg.205148/, with the center 4 screws, showing signs of handling.
These 4 screws doesn't need to be removed to replace the thermal paste and they need to be removed only if you're going to mess with the PCB.
Also, other screws and the places around it on the metal board shows signs of improper handling.
I don't know which screws are you talking about because you do need to unscrew them to take out the heatsink for a thermal repaste. Also looking at those screws that are near the edges (backplate screws?) some are rusted as hell. It's really weird that some areas on the GPU shows sign of rust while others look mint clean. What exactly happened here? Was the cabinet next to a air cooler (swamp cooler) that it caught high levels of humidity?

You can call up nearest repair shop and ask if they accept courier delivery.

@Mods
Kindly make it mandatory to provide 7 days testing period for used products that are not covered in manufacturer warranty.
Seller have to take back the product , provided there is no phycical damage and buyer has to document the condition of the product when received.
After testing period, there can be no claim regarding failure of product.
My kind request to do this for all products sold here. Would certainly make things fair for both parties and one wouldn't need to look/ask for testing period where it could be anywhere from 24hous to a week. I'm a relatively new user here and was confused when I saw different testing period for all products sold here.

Last edited:
Back