FS: Video Card Geforce RTX 3070 - Inno3D TwinX2 Graphics Card

I have a friend who is an advocate in consumer court. What are the legal remedies for this?
None, consumer court handles disputes againsts business, service providers, shops, registered individual or similar entities.
I don't see any merit in pursuing a civil suit either, as it may lead to counterclaims for damages and harassment. Moreover, if any false statements are included in the petition (a tactic some advocates may recommend to exert pressure) the other person may file a countersuit or even a criminal case if the allegations are found to be entirely baseless.
I strongly advise against trusting advocates, police, and politicians, regardless of any personal relationships or connections. Their primary allegiance often lies with their own interests, rather than with justice or fairness.

^in addition, it will cost more than the GPU in question.

Just my two cents:- As someone who has sold GPU's here and bought as well, I would like to say the following, seller reputation is important. GPU is a big ticket item(and as such not a easy item to troubleshoot if things go wrong) and as such be cautious about such purchases insist on certain testing parameters before such a buy, stress testing is an important parameter, and one should get a fair idea about the health of the said card. However its impossible to ascertain why a card fails, I had a 3080ti FE go on me a month back even though I had it in my custody for a year and a half, it was not overclocked, used very little and was cleaned regularly. But when the silicon gods are't with you there is very little you can do. About the daisy chaining, its recommended to use separate connectors, however it shouldn't cause failure, if at all, you can end up with a burnt connector. One thing is a fact here, we don't know what went wrong with the GPU, all else is just guess work and conjecture, the conversation around the rust-it can happen it humid environments, the 3080ti I bought was from a person who was in a coastal area, there was some indications of that on the cooler of the car(slight oxidation on the cooler), but it was very little and I discussed it with the seller. Since I am not from a coastal area, I don't know what environmental factors can come into play, why the rest of the cooler is not in as bad condition is best explained by the seller. GPU temperature are on the higher side but it also depends on other factors like ambient air temp, cooler orientation et al.

I have bought a 3080 FE from a FM here, and it needed to be repasted as well, the memory temps were touching 100 C, there was an issue of pad separation as is a common issue on FE cards. What I am trying to say here is until we know more about what's gone wrong with the card we can't say what happened.

The way the buyer describes it sounds like a short to ground from the card. Most probably from a memory chip, there seems to be no physical damage to explain this, so either the memory or the GPU chip has been reballed and not done properly, or there is a bigger reason to explain the short(I understand the buyer is not near any service centre etc to diagnose the root cause of the issue). Of course if the buyer and seller come to an amicable agreement, it would be a lesson learnt for both.

None, consumer court handles disputes againsts business, service providers, shops, registered individual or similar entities.
I don't see any merit in pursuing a civil suit either, as it may lead to counterclaims for damages and harassment. Moreover, if any false statements are included in the petition (a tactic some advocates may recommend to exert pressure) the other person may file a countersuit or even a criminal case if the allegations are found to be entirely baseless.
I strongly advise against trusting advocates, police, and politicians, regardless of any personal relationships or connections. Their primary allegiance often lies with their own interests, rather than with justice or fairness.
No, he said he would make a consumer compliant out of this, and he would get the exparte order in 6 months, and then after execution and execution in consumer court, there is no defence, no object, no anything. Just direct compensation or attachment of property. He is a close friend; he will do this for free.
^in addition, it will cost more than the GPU in question.

Just my two cents:- As someone who has sold GPU's here and bought as well, I would like to say the following, seller reputation is important. GPU is a big ticket item(and as such not a easy item to troubleshoot if things go wrong) and as such be cautious about such purchases insist on certain testing parameters before such a buy, stress testing is an important parameter, and one should get a fair idea about the health of the said card. However its impossible to ascertain why a card fails, I had a 3080ti FE go on me a month back even though I had it in my custody for a year and a half, it was not overclocked, used very little and was cleaned regularly. But when the silicon gods are't with you there is very little you can do. About the daisy chaining, its recommended to use separate connectors, however it shouldn't cause failure, if at all, you can end up with a burnt connector. One thing is a fact here, we don't know what went wrong with the GPU, all else is just guess work and conjecture, the conversation around the rust-it can happen it humid environments, the 3080ti I bought was from a person who was in a coastal area, there was some indications of that on the cooler of the car(slight oxidation on the cooler), but it was very little and I discussed it with the seller. Since I am not from a coastal area, I don't know what environmental factors can come into play, why the rest of the cooler is not in as bad condition is best explained by the seller. GPU temperature are on the higher side but it also depends on other factors like ambient air temp, cooler orientation et al.

I have bought a 3080 FE from a FM here, and it needed to be repasted as well, the memory temps were touching 100 C, there was an issue of pad separation as is a common issue on FE cards. What I am trying to say here is until we know more about what's gone wrong with the card we can't say what happened.

The way the buyer describes it sounds like a short to ground from the card. Most probably from a memory chip, there seems to be no physical damage to explain this, so either the memory or the GPU chip has been reballed and not done properly, or there is a bigger reason to explain the short(I understand the buyer is not near any service centre etc to diagnose the root cause of the issue). Of course if the buyer and seller come to an amicable agreement, it would be a lesson learnt for both.
That is what I am trying to say for components like GPU or Mb if a seller is selling mint and working condition. It should by default have a testing warranty of 1 to 2 days because these will need atleast 10 to 20 hours to test, and even though if one should not ask or look, it should be there.
@TechnologyHell

I think you should settle, be amicable, and stop pushing for a repair.

It's fair to both parties. You could always repair the GPU later and re-sell with a full disclaimer.
Even I am trying to settle this amicably But teh seller is not accepting any resolution nor responding anymore.

Point 1 If any one says it's mint condition in the Sale Description and has done repasting of item before putting on the sale thread is straight up MISLEADING. Item cannot be in mint condition if it has been opened up and cleaned (Pristine and Mint mean different things). First false claim is this.

The seal is broken as the card was repasted a while ago
1. There has been no repair activities on the card.
2. The warranty label was intact, until last month when I tried repasting the card (though got no major temp improvement, a bare drop of 5 degrees)
3. I don't have any proper proof video, but few images that show the Warranty Void label was really there on the card.
4. I have stress tested the card, for nearly 1.5 hour, after repasting it, and it worked all fine. The in game temps on Valorant were about 8 degrees cooler than what it was before repasting.

For those saying the card is a repaired one, pls have a look yourself at the attached images. And also if a card has been repaired or not, you can't conclude that without having a proper look at the PCB.
For the labels damaged, I claim charge for the same, as isopropyl alcohol isn't something that only "repair person" can own. After repasting, blow dusting, that is the only best thing to be used for cleaning the pcb (after petrol, which is again expensive).

Point 2 Seller didn't reveal the fact that it was repasted in the Main Sale Post and tried to hide behind the repaste he claimed he did before shipping in the Screenshotted DMs (not sure at this point if he really repasted it the second time). Only after public pressure this guy claims he has repasted it before. Repasting and cleaning in extremely rare cases may dislodge certain resistor and capacitors.

Point 3 Seller has 2 cards as mentioned in sale description with no GPU-Z sceenshots to compare device ID there is no concrete evidence that this is the same card of which the Kombustor Screenshots were shared.

Point 4 Buyer may truly be unlucky with his PSU, it shorted the GPU not cuz of Daisy Chaining but because of awful Gigabyte QC.

This all seems very fitting of the handle of the Seller @TechnologyHell , very satirical unfortunately.

PSA by yours truly for future GPU Deals:
1. Get a GPU-Z screen shot Device IDs are unique and will help you understand if the card was swapped.
2. Don't do stress test unless you are a Youtuber (ik the seller has a silver button but come on y'all know what I mean). Use games that have in-built benchmark tools instead or just play some game. Especially when you know temps are high already.
3. Any testing warranty or deal adjustments should be communicated on the main thread (except for price I think).
4. Opening up GPUs is not a task for normal people very small capacitors and resistors can be dislodged in the process.

Adding @TechnologyHell to my scammer list , no matter the reason, not responding to buyer when you have received the money is a shady , scammer like practice.

Clearly GPU was slowly dying , and he was able to extend the life just enough to go through this scam , having same GPU in multiple quantities is a dead giveaway that this was mined on.

I feel sorry for the buyer as he acted in good faith and got punished for it.

I have a GPU that does the same thing, it runs smoothly for a hour or so and then dies , causing the fans to ramp up and screen to go blank.

Well, looks like @TechnologyHell has cut his losses and taken off. Makes me really weary of recruits (as patrons) in the marketplace, even more.

If you check his profile you will see TechnologyHell (Seller) was last seen 48 minutes ago viewing this thread! He is silently reading this thread...

P.S. The seller TechnologyHell even read and posted a reaction on my post. So, I ask you @TechnologyHell why don't you reply to the buyer @asimh99 and come to a amicable solution? It is obvious you are causing him dismay with the GPU not working like it should so why not just refund him the money? I mean seriously in the longer run of things this amount of money will perhaps be spent by you on some poultry thing that you buy. What will remain with you however is the sordid feeling that someone trusted you and you perhaps mislead him knowingly. Maybe the mods will ban you and that will be the end of it but there is still time for both parties to walk away from this respectfully.

Last edited:
Back