FS: Video Card Geforce RTX 3070 - Inno3D TwinX2 Graphics Card

The seller has denied any settlement and has stopped responding long ago.He simply stated that he would repair it at his own expense in order to regain access to his card.
If he had such ambitions, he would have settled.He has already removed his Google account and doesn't mind being banned here.
if it is paper weight It is better to keep or fix it elsewhere rather than handing him the card so he can trick another individual with it.
He also has a youtube channel :
TechnologyHell

No, he said he would make a consumer compliant out of this, and he would get the exparte order in 6 months, and then after execution and execution in consumer court, there is no defence, no object, no anything. Just direct compensation or attachment of property. He is a close friend; he will do this for free.
ex parte is not a cakewalk like he's making it out to be. If it were that easy, we'd all be sipping champagne at Antilia by now. And honestly, it seems like your lawyer friend is still learning. The case currently lacks merit.

though even i would agree with @dash2009 , if he is offering a partial refund or repair cost , you should take it as you have nothing to loose , as dead GPU is nothing but a paper weight , if he does nothing or keeps the GPU , we all will know what his true intentions were from the beginning , and whether his offer to help is genuine or just a facade.

Upto you though bro.
If the seller is a scammer, then taking this approach will only give them an opportunity to scam another unsuspecting person.
Lets say the buyer trusts the seller in this case again and sends the GPU back to the seller for repairing... what if the seller then goes AWOL on the buyer and thereafter vanishes into thin air with both money and card? What then?

The seller has denied any settlement and has stopped responding long ago.He simply stated that he would repair it at his own expense in order to regain access to his card.
If he had such ambitions, he would have settled.He has already removed his Google account and doesn't mind being banned here.
if it is paper weight It is better to keep or fix it elsewhere rather than handing him the card so he can trick another individual with it.

If the seller offers to repair the card at their own expense, accept the offer and meticulously document all conversations, agreements, and transactions, including collection and delivery receipts (if applicable) also set a clear timeline for the repair and establish a specific warranty period.
If the seller intends to abscond with the card, you can pursue legal action, including filing a criminal case that may result in imprisonment of up to 5 years (based on personal experience).

Pictures of the Card while unscrewing the heatsink!

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 171
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    379.1 KB · Views: 130
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    398 KB · Views: 129
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    410.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    473.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    474.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    377.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    455.9 KB · Views: 133
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    481.9 KB · Views: 170
Did you try getting in touch with the seller again asking him if he is still interested in getting the card repaired?
Why not buyer repair it and then get reimbursed for the process by the seller?
It's gonna be hard for the buyer to trust the seller after this.
That's a safer option imo.

This thread is a testament as to how technology can be hell sometimes. :bag: I am sure the buyer has gone though a wide array of emotions by now. In the famous words of @sabkabadlalegaterafaisal, this must feel like a kick in the balls.

@TechnologyHell Refund the entire amount paid by the buyer first. If you have somebody to repair it, then take it back and fix it.

@asimh99 Send the card back to the seller and bear the shipping charges on your own.

End of debate. No further arguments or mudslinging. Don't sell that card again.

@asimh99 On another note, always attempt to claim as much testing warranty as you possibly can. And it's always good to bombard the seller with questions beforehand.

He has worked at vlebazaar, the largest fraud e-commerce in India. Doesn't surprise me lol
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/mwlite/profile/in/nitishsinghslg/
Blog - https://nitishsingh.pages.dev/
All the more reasons for the seller to just undo this trade and let this debacle die a death.

Did you try getting in touch with the seller again asking him if he is still interested in getting the card repaired?
Been telling the buyer a lot many times, giving him offers, but he is not willing to agree upon anything, rather just keep spamming "Seller is a scammer" on this thread.

Despite him threatening me for official warnings, legal cases, consumer court, justice court bla bla bla, I am still politely offering him options to pick from, but if he does not agree, I am no longer interested in reaching him out any more.

There have been over 50 people who have dropped their opinion on this thread, some favoring the buyer, while others favoring me.
I believe I have done enough to show that I'm not scamming anyone, nor here for fraud sales, and made it all clear what I have got to offer, and left the decision on the mods and the buyer.

Sorry it is not possible for me to go and lick the buyer's feet saying please let me help you and sort this mess out, nor I will beg the buyer to remove his fraudulent reviews from my Google Business page (how tf did he even come to know that, is he stalking me or smth).
I have stated lots of things by now, and I believe I have been a lot polite despite his unruly behavior and his inputs regarding this matter.

@TechnologyHell Refund the entire amount paid by the buyer first. If you have somebody to repair it, then take it back and fix it.

@asimh99 Send the card back to the seller and bear the shipping charges on your own.

End of debate. No further arguments or mudslinging. Don't sell that card again.

I think the seller has completely stopped responding to the buyer on WhatsApp and over here. He is currently online as I'm typing this and regularly checking this thread for sure but I doubt if he will do the right thing of taking the GPU back and getting it repaired or refund the buyer.

what form of thermal pasting is this? is the thermal applied on top of thermal pads?

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    473.8 KB · Views: 136
Pictures of the Card while unscrewing the heatsink!
One does not simply apply thermal paste on thermal pads.

These pics needs to be preserved as its the first case of thermal paste being applied on thermal pads.

Obviously OP doesn't understand anything about technology such that its been hell for him and he made that name. :sob:

@asimh99, All the capacitors look fine, so please try replacing the thermal pads & thermal paste and check if the card boots up. Remember that you have to buy thermal pads of proper specs else the heat sink won't apply & close properly.

PS: My 3060Ti reaches 100 degree hot-spot under full load even after replacing the thermal paste but earlier it used to hit 110 degrees and will throttle. I guess I'll have to live with it as I live in a hot & humid region.

it could be possible that the excessive thermal paste that's been oozed all over the pcb might be causing the short, though thermal paste is electrically non conductive but still. Request to the seller to clean this mess up and repaste it watching a proper tutorial from YouTube. The card might see another day of light.

Is the pc working/booting fine without the card itself? Has the card been tested on a different rig or the psu been tested after the initial debacle?

3060Ti reaches 100 degree
The 2070S that I bought from here 2 years ago doesn't go beyond 60°C even on 3d mark stress tests. I've set the fan speed to not exceed 80% and my gpu idles at 45°C (stopped fans) and reaches 60-65°C while gaming (80% fan).

what form of thermal pasting is this? is the thermal applied on top of thermal pads?
This I believe is thermal putty and not thermal paste that you normally see/use. Thermal putty is mainly seen being used for laptops. Thermal paste/putty applied on top of thermal pads is not ideal but also doesn't hurt the temps as much as one might think, its just that they aren't designed to work together and don't mix well is what I assume and which ever is worse in thermal conductivity will be the bottleneck among both and thus not provide any extra benefit.

One does not simply apply thermal paste on thermal pads.

These pics needs to be preserved as its the first case of thermal paste being applied on thermal pads.
Thermal putty being applied on top of thermal pads surely isn't the reason behind the (alleged) shorting in a GPU and tripping of PSU, Thermal putty aren't electrically conductive and thus won't make a difference. Seller probably applied a trash tier thermal putty which will explain why the GPU temps were high even after a fresh repaste but it doesn't explain what happened to it so the GPU needs an experts eyes. If only the seller hadn't tried to repaste the card it would have had its original warranty seal and that would have helped him here.

Is the pc working/booting fine without the card itself? Has the card been tested on a different rig or the psu been tested after the initial debacle?
Buyer literally said in his 2nd post in this thread that his PC is working fine with another card and that this particular GPU is tripping his PSU.
@asimh99 May I ask why have you deleted the video that you linked in your original post? I wasn't able to see it so I'm just curious.

This I believe is thermal putty and not thermal paste that you normally see/use
This might be coolermater thermal paste as pointed by a FM. This paste is electrically insulated as per CM site. Even if this paste won't cause a short, that application is done haphazardly to say the least.

The seller should clear out the air and communicate with the buyer. This being a Tech forum first people will take aim as time passes and being mum makes one more culpable. There are only a few hundreds of members active on the forum compared to thousands of silent watchers. It is best if both the parties try to communicate again and reach a mutual agreement (on refund/repair).

This I believe is thermal putty and not thermal paste that you normally see/use. Thermal putty is mainly seen being used for laptops. Thermal paste/putty applied on top of thermal pads is not ideal but also doesn't hurt the temps as much as one might think, its just that they aren't designed to work together and don't mix well is what I assume and which ever is worse in thermal conductivity will be the bottleneck among both and thus not provide any extra benefit.
Thermal putty is not like this. That is damn gooey and too much sticky. Once put is very difficult to remove but is excellent conductor and is non conductive. I have one but couldn't make myself to use it. And Thermal putty can be used on Vrams also.
This one used on gpu is coolermaster cryofuse violet as link shared by @Alucard1729

Back