FS: Video Card Geforce RTX 3070 - Inno3D TwinX2 Graphics Card

I know I am in the minority here, but I don't believe it's fair to ban/blacklist the seller in this case.

Yes, the seller did mislead by claiming the card is in mint condition whereas it has been repasted twice within a month and stickers are worn off etc etc...
But he did deliver a fully working product as he claimed to the buyer.
Yes, the GPU died the very next day in buyers' hands, but No Testing Warranty was discussed or promised between buyer and seller.
If the GPU was purchased from a local store and the same thing would have happened, I am sure the shopkeeper would just put all the blame on the buyer and wouldn't move a muscle. But in this case, the seller is ready to get the GPU repaired, at his own expense, even in/out shipping is on him.

The buyer cannot or hasn't yet proved that:
The GPU is repaired.
The GPU is mined on.

If this case was in court, no judge would decide in favor of the buyer due to the sole reason that no testing warranty was on the table and the item was delivered as working.

I think the buyer should accept the seller's offer and try to work things out with him. If the GPU is repaired successfully, the seller can offer some testing warranty or some partial refund as a gesture of goodwill. And if it can't be repaired, then the loss can be split.

But putting this solely on the seller is unfair, according to me, the rest is upto mods, buyer and seller.

Just my two cents.
You may not have read the thread through first, in my opinion.

Purchasing locally and online is not the same thing. When you buy something locally, you verify every detail and use your naked eyes to check and test. when you buy Something in a forum, You must rely on the description and the Seller. As a result, the testing warranty is implicit. The entire description in this instance is false, and when a description is fake, it just refers to deceiving someone or scamming something to obtain money.

You're essentially telling me to give the card to the Scamster so he can keep both the card and the money.

Purchasing locally and online is not the same thing. When you buy something locally, you verify every detail and use your naked eyes to check and test. when you buy Something in a forum, You must rely on the description and the Seller. As a result, the testing warranty is implicit. The entire description in this instance is false, and when a description is fake, it just refers to deceiving someone or scamming something to obtain money.

You're essentially telling me to give the card to the Scamster so he can keep both the card and the money.
though even i would agree with @dash2009 , if he is offering a partial refund or repair cost , you should take it as you have nothing to loose , as dead GPU is nothing but a paper weight , if he does nothing or keeps the GPU , we all will know what his true intentions were from the beginning , and whether his offer to help is genuine or just a facade.

Upto you though bro.

I've been reading and going through this thread for days now (since it was posted).

I'm not an old member here, but I've been quite active since I joined.
Everyone is giving their two cents here, I'm in no position to judge things, but it would be a good thing if this gets sorted out.
I have been a member since 2007 or so. These kind of situations are scary. Even though I browse through these sections atleast once in a month. I don't do much buying. I even got quite a few things to sell too and recently took pics of it but this kind of situations deter me. Hopefully both parties will come to a amicable solution.

I think seller should pay back 75% and take back the card and repair it. Buyer should ship it back in his own expense. If it is working after repair and the seller is selling it again on this forum, Current buyer should be compensated more other than courier charges. Current buyer can take it again for a discount and can be given first preference. This is considering the buyer not able to use it even for a single day and seller used it for a good amount of its lifespan. Buyer made the payment as soon as he received the card. If he had not seller would have been in his situation.

This is just my view. I didn't understand some of the technicalities discussed so I could be wrong in my opinion.
I think this is the best solution I have liked so far.
I also agree with some of the points @dash2009 just made.

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Trust me buddy, I have been following the thread from day one. I can understand you feel cheated and scammed. Everyone does a lot of hard work to earn money and watching it go down the drain like this can make anyone frustrated.

The testing warranty is not implicit on this forum. It has to be discussed beforehand. An experienced trader like you should have known this. Most sellers on this forum don't even take shipping risk. They declared beforehand in the sale thread that the shipping risk is the buyer's, as if the buyer has any control over packing and shipping.

Your only mistake was not to discuss any testing warranty. You saw a really good deal for a 3070 and rushed toward it to get it ASAP. And that was a big mistake.

Now you can get the seller banned from the forum. But what will you get by doing that? Nothing but a dead paper weight, or you will have to get the GPU repaired at your own expense.

Instead, I would again suggest you try to work out a reasonable deal with the seller. Many members of forum have suggested some good options, Go over them, tweak things as you like and try to work it out.

And if the problem is trusting each other anymore, then you guys can try to arrange a middle man who can hold the money until the GPU is repaired and delivered or something.

Lets say the buyer trusts the seller in this case again and sends the GPU back to the seller for repairing... what if the seller then goes AWOL on the buyer and thereafter vanishes into thin air with both money and card? What then?
GPU is already dead and is just a paper weight now for buyer. If seller is ready to get it repaired on his expense including to and fro shipping i think it is the best thing as said by other members and/or if buyer/seller agree on something like paying/getting back some amount like mentioned by other members that could also be done.
And yes testing warranty is not implied whatever one may think untill/unless it is specified clearly or whatever buyer/seller agree on.

The seller has denied any settlement and has stopped responding long ago.He simply stated that he would repair it at his own expense in order to regain access to his card.
If he had such ambitions, he would have settled.He has already removed his Google account and doesn't mind being banned here.
if it is paper weight It is better to keep or fix it elsewhere rather than handing him the card so he can trick another individual with it.

The seller has denied any settlement and has stopped responding long ago.He simply stated that he would repair it at his own expense in order to regain access to his card.
If he had such ambitions, he would have settled.He has already removed his Google account and doesn't mind being banned here.
if it is paper weight It is better to keep or fix it elsewhere rather than handing him the card so he can trick another individual with it.

This is sad. Removed his Google Account as in deleted it?

Also, @TechnologyHell : Are you still ok with taking the GPU back and getting it repaired and then sending it back to the buyer? If yes then post here and maybe be chalk something out with @asimh99 ? A reply and clear cut communication even if posted here on this thread between the both of you might still solve this issue.

Most sellers on this forum don't even take shipping risk. They declared beforehand in the sale thread that the shipping risk is the buyer's, as if the buyer has any control over packing and shipping.
I really dislike this. It should be sellers responsibility that the item being sold reaches the buyer as expected since that is what the seller and the buyer agrees upon and not "i shipped it as it was, how is it my fault delivery courier messed it up".

As for what is going on here, I don't want to side with one party more than the other because both have done things they should have done better and this has become very complicated and I'm sure it is the same for mods here. I also doubt whatever I say will matter so I won't bother.

Watch out he's probably planning an assassination. /s
Untitled.png

Mostly all courier services provide shipping insurance at an extra cost now, i dont know if this was malicious on the seller’s part, bad luck in the buyers part or just a freak accident
But shipping insurance is a very good to have addon when dealing with delicate/expensive commodities such as a gpu
And i dont see it getting used often or even suggested in the deals Ive done on this platform and elsewhere

Also i want to ask since the card is technically a paper weight at this point, has the buyer tried to open it and check for any burnt/blown components? Check for any soldered traces or components that dont look factory?
If so that will give you irrefutable proof of malicious intent and a solid case in court if you so wish to take that route

As for the buyer, im sorry for the loss but whats done is done, so is life, you get burned on deals and you learn from them
Any public forum will have a bunch of bad apples and its upto you to do your due diligence

Good luck with whatever happens next!

Mostly all courier services provide shipping insurance at an extra cost now, i dont know if this was malicious on the seller’s part, bad luck in the buyers part or just a freak accident
But shipping insurance is a very good to have addon when dealing with delicate/expensive commodities such as a gpu
And i dont see it getting used often or even suggested in the deals Ive done on this platform and elsewhere

Also i want to ask since the card is technically a paper weight at this point, has the buyer tried to open it and check for any burnt/blown components? Check for any soldered traces or components that dont look factory?
If so that will give you irrefutable proof of malicious intent and a solid case in court if you so wish to take that route

As for the buyer, im sorry for the loss but whats done is done, so is life, you get burned on deals and you learn from them
Any public forum will have a bunch of bad apples and its upto you to do your due diligence

Good luck with whatever happens next!
Shipping insurance is not for 2nd hand items and good luck proving that the problem occurred during Shipping, worked in the backend for dhl and insurance was only useful for enterprise customer never for individuals

wow! too much going on in all those 5 pages.

Few points!
1. Testing warranty was not discussed. (big mistake)
2. Card actually worked after receiving and hence the payment was made. sellers responsibility cease to exist after that IMHO.
Except if seller used to for extremity like mining or have been repaired (rma). which we may never know. Its a forum so, trust is only thing that matters here.

what might have happened.
1. its monsoon all over india, dunno at buyer and sellers places. Moisture will get deposit on surface. and water is conductor of electricity. SO expert can understand
2. a sudden surge at buyers home while using the card. all those cable this and that doesn't matter.

Lessons.
never buy HDD and cards without warranty. even testing warranty is not good for these, my experience.

If its a impulse buy and too great of a deal, ask for atleast 7 days testing

How many days/weeks/months of warranty should one ask for when going for an used HDD?
one can never be sure but 10 days should be enough to detect any problems that exist already but new problems can generate on its own,its ultimately a gamble it might last decade or die within a few months

How many days/weeks/months of warranty should one ask for when going for an used HDD?
take a detailed HDD test screen shot. as mush as the test screen are important more to look for is is power on/ hours used. Plus manufactured year.

avoid hdd use in DVR.

only expect seller to pack with lot of bubble wrap and made like a pillow. and box inside box like amazon does.

rest is your luck.

i bought two 16tb recently. warranty expired. too good price and less used. all went well.

Back