FS: Video Card Geforce RTX 3070 - Inno3D TwinX2 Graphics Card

The 2070S that I bought from here 2 years ago doesn't go beyond 60°C even on 3d mark stress tests. I've set the fan speed to not exceed 80% and my gpu idles at 45°C (stopped fans) and reaches 60-65°C while gaming (80% fan).
FYI, its a brand new card, 2 yrs old, single owner and its being used in a good chassis with 6 fans in push-pull mode and the CPU also has a 3rd party heat-sink with 2 fans.

Been telling the buyer a lot many times, giving him offers, but he is not willing to agree upon anything, rather just keep spamming "Seller is a scammer" on this thread.

Despite him threatening me for official warnings, legal cases, consumer court, justice court bla bla bla, I am still politely offering him options to pick from, but if he does not agree, I am no longer interested in reaching him out any more.

There have been over 50 people who have dropped their opinion on this thread, some favoring the buyer, while others favoring me.
I believe I have done enough to show that I'm not scamming anyone, nor here for fraud sales, and made it all clear what I have got to offer, and left the decision on the mods and the buyer.

Sorry it is not possible for me to go and lick the buyer's feet saying please let me help you and sort this mess out, nor I will beg the buyer to remove his fraudulent reviews from my Google Business page (how tf did he even come to know that, is he stalking me or smth).
I have stated lots of things by now, and I believe I have been a lot polite despite his unruly behavior and his inputs regarding this matter.
So, what was/is your offer now? Post it in public, so that we can see what's happening between you two in private.

FYI, its a brand new card, 2 yrs old, single owner and its being used in a good chassis with 6 fans in push-pull mode and the CPU also has a 3rd party heat-sink with 2 fans.

So, what was/is your offer now? Post it in public, so that we can see what's happening between you two in private.
There is nothing that happens in private. he didn't reply since then
Been telling the buyer a lot many times, giving him offers, but he is not willing to agree upon anything, rather just keep spamming "Seller is a scammer" on this thread.

Despite him threatening me for official warnings, legal cases, consumer court, justice court bla bla bla, I am still politely offering him options to pick from, but if he does not agree, I am no longer interested in reaching him out any more.

There have been over 50 people who have dropped their opinion on this thread, some favoring the buyer, while others favoring me.
I believe I have done enough to show that I'm not scamming anyone, nor here for fraud sales, and made it all clear what I have got to offer, and left the decision on the mods and the buyer.

Sorry it is not possible for me to go and lick the buyer's feet saying please let me help you and sort this mess out, nor I will beg the buyer to remove his fraudulent reviews from my Google Business page (how tf did he even come to know that, is he stalking me or smth).
I have stated lots of things by now, and I believe I have been a lot polite despite his unruly behavior and his inputs regarding this matter.
You have not responded or replied in days. Now you're stating you've made an offer. Please let me know what you're offering. Post it publicly and let the moderators make the final decision.

Nobody is in your favor. Everyone knows how this whole sale was like a fraud/misleading sale, and you have not cleared out anything yet. If you have anything to prove, come to the settlement publicly. All you are saying is send me your card. It looks like you already have the money; now you also want the card.

There have been numerous proposals from fellow members. You have refused any such settlement.

Last edited:
As a last resort to resuruct the card ( when you are at the verge of throwing it ) try giving the card a thorough cleaning with wd40 and toothbrush then clean again with 99% IPA and soft toothbrush then let it dry completely then test it ( this method worked for one of my 1080ti ), ofcourse do it at your own risk:pompus:

Here's a few thoughts from someone who works with high power and high temperature electronics for the last 35 years:

1. The card has been severely overheated, most probably by stress. There is heavy discoloration on both sides of the PCB and on some caps:

1725518183186.png

1725518197697.png

The discoloration is in itself not a defect, but a symptom, do with that as you will.

2. The card has a very weak default VRM even for a 3070 (it's just a 7-phase regulator with two additional memory phases) , and the Twin series cards are very skimpy on cooling. They're not designed for any sort of professional workload (and yes, gaming cafes would be a professional workload). A card that runs hot will likely tend to blow a lot of hot air on the PCB and raise the apparent ambient temperature of the board components. Now this is normally not an issue except for prolonged use at very high loads.

3. The pasting itself is not too bad, a little thick but nothing that would cause failure. It can be safely ruled out as an issue. The Direct contact heatpipes leave a lot to be desired because of incopmlete contact, but that's the norm in entry-level GPUs like the Twin series. Lesson, only buy higher end GPUs when buying secondhand, if at all.

4. I would assume, if the core is okay (and it should be) the issue is in the VRM area. a quick check of the area to work out which of the FETs is shorted will help, if in doubt, start with the ones near the area of discoloration. The fuses near the PCIe connectors will obviously need checking and replacement at the end of the repair job. Overall, I would try and see if you can source a local chip level repair person, and conduct the repair yourself I will not speak as to compensation and related matters, it's between you and the seller to sort out.

5. I would never use a Gigabyte PSU if you paid me. Even a slightly high +12V rail can be the straw that broke the camel's back, and this is common in cheaper PSUs that have poor load regulation (so that sag results in more appropriate voltage). Of course it is possible that just the fuse is blown, but I doubt it.

Good luck, I hope you are able to arrive at a suitable resolution. Card doesn't look unrecoverable, if the core is OK.

@TechnologyHell if you are really looking for a solution why is @asimh99 saying you aren't giving him response.

One of you is lying and you probably know who it is.

What level of intelligence you need to replace thermal paste in GPU I do not know but as sure as hell know that thermal pads do not require thermal paste. And even if by a little margin this mistake is visible then there might be more mistakes you might have done while repasting which at first glance would not be visible.

VRM definitely looks sus and my point of concern is if whether the mosfets aren't damaged. One capacitor looks brownish which is also a cause of concern.

Only hope is now to get it repaired from a skilled technician.

I would recommend to not send back card to seller because if he goes MIA after this you neither have card or money. This looks to be a issue from both sides with @TechnologyHell carrying repairs with gross negligence and @asimh99 having the sheer bad luck of shorting something while running the GPU. Share the cost of repair and get this finished. If repair doesn't seem feasible go 50/50 and split the damages.

The seller adds a message in the thread once a week, which is all about lying, and then vanishes in thin air without answering anyone.

Why would I tell a lie? I've been a well-known member for a long time. It required me to be honest Sincere, followed the forum's rules to get here, and I never had a problem with anyone before.

if he has a settlement to offer. He can post it here. I will accept if the moderators or members decide upon such a resolution. However, I assume he is not interested in settling anything because he is not responding. It appears that he is simply checking the forum daily to see if he has been banned or not.
Here's a few thoughts from someone who works with high power and high temperature electronics for the last 35 years:

1. The card has been severely overheated, most probably by stress. There is heavy discoloration on both sides of the PCB and on some caps:

View attachment 206873

View attachment 206874

The discoloration is in itself not a defect, but a symptom, do with that as you will.

2. The card has a very weak default VRM even for a 3070 (it's just a 7-phase regulator with two additional memory phases) , and the Twin series cards are very skimpy on cooling. They're not designed for any sort of professional workload (and yes, gaming cafes would be a professional workload). A card that runs hot will likely tend to blow a lot of hot air on the PCB and raise the apparent ambient temperature of the board components. Now this is normally not an issue except for prolonged use at very high loads.

3. The pasting itself is not too bad, a little thick but nothing that would cause failure. It can be safely ruled out as an issue. The Direct contact heatpipes leave a lot to be desired because of incopmlete contact, but that's the norm in entry-level GPUs like the Twin series. Lesson, only buy higher end GPUs when buying secondhand, if at all.

4. I would assume, if the core is okay (and it should be) the issue is in the VRM area. a quick check of the area to work out which of the FETs is shorted will help, if in doubt, start with the ones near the area of discoloration. The fuses near the PCIe connectors will obviously need checking and replacement at the end of the repair job. Overall, I would try and see if you can source a local chip level repair person, and conduct the repair yourself I will not speak as to compensation and related matters, it's between you and the seller to sort out.

5. I would never use a Gigabyte PSU if you paid me. Even a slightly high +12V rail can be the straw that broke the camel's back, and this is common in cheaper PSUs that have poor load regulation (so that sag results in more appropriate voltage). Of course it is possible that just the fuse is blown, but I doubt it.

Good luck, I hope you are able to arrive at a suitable resolution. Card doesn't look unrecoverable, if the core is OK.
It has most likely been utilized for mining. The only places where temperature problems and discoloration have happened over time are in mining cards which are running 24/7. Gaming cafes don't have that much utilization.

Additionally, based on the card's appearance, nothing alarming seems to be going on. However, Kashmir lacks capabilities of this kind, so even if it were to merely require a capacitor change, it would be impossible to repair it here. For That, I need to rely on someone from outside. So that's the reason I offered the seller to Split the loss and take the card as well and this resolution simply benefits the seller at the expense of me although most of the members believe the card is recoverable.

Last edited:
side note, I found something on zoukart

View attachment 206989
Wasn't their a member from WB who repeatedly scammed people?

The seller adds a message in the thread once a week, which is all about lying, and then vanishes in thin air without answering anyone.

Why would I tell a lie? I've been a well-known member for a long time. It required me to be honest Sincere, followed the forum's rules to get here, and I never had a problem with anyone before.

if he has a settlement to offer. He can post it here. I will accept if the moderators or members decide upon such a resolution. However, I assume he is not interested in settling anything because he is not responding. It appears that he is simply checking the forum daily to see if he has been banned or not.

It has most likely been utilized for mining. The only places where temperature problems and discoloration have happened over time are in mining cards which are running 24/7. Gaming cafes don't have that much utilization.

Additionally, based on the card's appearance, nothing alarming seems to be going on. However, Kashmir lacks capabilities of this kind, so even if it were to merely require a capacitor change, it would be impossible to repair it here. For That, I need to rely on someone from outside. So that's the reason I offered the seller to Split the loss and take the card as well and this resolution simply benefits the seller at the expense of me although most of the members believe the card is recoverable.
Your money is as good as gone,he doesn't care cause their are no true repercussions for him in scamming you, the only thing working in your favour is that you have his address, he seems to be a student and i Don't think he realises how harmful even a single remark or case can be on his professional life i.e. if he has any professional life other than hustling fake items for money

Looks like @TechnologyHell has not logged in after last Tuesday. He is probably reading this thread as a Guest and don't think he is looking to help the buyer anymore in getting the GPU repaired or returning at least 50% of the amount to the buyer. He is as good as gone. Hopefully he will stay away from TE and nobody in future will deal with him from here anymore.

What level of intelligence you need to replace thermal paste in GPU I do not know but as sure as hell know that thermal pads do not require thermal paste. And even if by a little margin this mistake is visible then there might be more mistakes you might have done while repasting which at first glance would not be visible.
GPU primarily needs the thermal on it, next the VRAMs, if the gpu is opened up, and if by any chance the thermal pads are too tightly stuck on both the heatsink and the VRAM, opening the gpu will cause the thermal pads to spread apart and tear down into halves. In such a case, if kept back as they are right now, it will only cause a gap between both the halves, resulting in poor conductivity of the heat.
Adding a little bit of thermal paste can help fill those gaps, resulting in proper functioning of the thermal pads.

Looks like @TechnologyHell has not logged in after last Tuesday. He is probably reading this thread as a Guest and don't think he is looking to help the buyer anymore in getting the GPU repaired or returning at least 50% of the amount to the buyer. He is as good as gone. Hopefully he will stay away from TE and nobody in future will deal with him from here anymore.
Not everyone like you is free all day to look up the forum every moment. People are often stuck with workloads, and get held at situations where they barely spare time to sleep well.

Rest for all others, I am still willing to help out the customer in recovering the card back up, but the type of response from the community and the opinions from vendors and other sellers tells me that I should give it up and leave the matter as it is.

1. This primarily looks like a short on a capacitor, and since you have already opened the card up, pls have a look at the 8+8pin power connectors if you see any rectangular capacitor to be blackened, or look different from others. This same could also be visible near the smaller part of the PCI port (one long part and one small part, the smaller one is for the on board power). It can be both, a short on the capacitor, capacitor malfunction, or oxidation which is causing the terminals of the cap to be connected via moisture / grime.
2. The other pc that you tested this card on, pls mention the psu specs, just wanna cross check upon the power demands and supplies. This is a very basic level card, cant' handle slightest fluctuations, even a little bit of voltage fluctuation can cause any minute component to short / blow up, causing an overall short on the power rail of the card.

I am up for two resolutions.
1 - Partial pay back and take the card returned.
2 - Pay for the repairing charges and get the card back to the customer.

But before any of these are accepted, I need a clear cut confirmation regarding the issue with the card.
What I know that I have given a working card, and if it has died in the hands of the customer, I believe it is not at my fault anymore. Still if I am here, responding back, offering resolutions, I expect the unemployed people on the form to kindly maintain their language used publicly, and rather to be polite in discussions.

Note : If I wanna scam, I can just easily leave this forum, mark it as spam on my mail, block the customer, and disappear forever. Just for your kind information, thought you didnt' have got good scams on your past, so gave you a clue. I've been through many, not a single one of them responded back after I made the payment.

1. This primarily looks like a short on a capacitor, and since you have already opened the card up, pls have a look at the 8+8pin power connectors if you see any rectangular capacitor to be blackened, or look different from others. This same could also be visible near the smaller part of the PCI port (one long part and one small part, the smaller one is for the on board power). It can be both, a short on the capacitor, capacitor malfunction, or oxidation which is causing the terminals of the cap to be connected via moisture / grime.

• Description if any: Top notch in performance, well maintained, mint condition, used on gaming pc for video rendering and live streaming on YT.

This is clearly misleading. A gpu in mint condition will have not have such damage in 1 day.
I think buyer offered 50/50 split - that seems much more than fair and you can salvage some of your reputation here.

GPU primarily needs the thermal on it, next the VRAMs, if the gpu is opened up, and if by any chance the thermal pads are too tightly stuck on both the heatsink and the VRAM, opening the gpu will cause the thermal pads to spread apart and tear down into halves. In such a case, if kept back as they are right now, it will only cause a gap between both the halves, resulting in poor conductivity of the heat.
Adding a little bit of thermal paste can help fill those gaps, resulting in proper functioning of the thermal pads.
Ladies and gentlemen, my guy hasn't even replaced the thermal pads instead he has opted to use thermal paste as Plaster of Paris to fill the gaps on all the torn thermal pads on the GPU. No wonder why the temps were higher on the card once the repasting was done. This isn't something like a crack on the wall you can fix with adding white cement.

An informative lesson for you @TechnologyHell (since most of us are unemployed here and those who can't do, teach) :
1. Thermal Paste and Thermal Pads have differences in heat conduction. Meaning if you use Paste sandwiched between torn pads you might impede the thermal transfer of heat.
2. Paste and Pads are different mediums and hence have different uses when transferring heat.
3. Every VRM/Memory/Chipset has different requirements to cool, be it motherboard VRMs or GPU VRMs etc. In order to facilitate that you need thermal pads with different thickness, material and thermal conductivity. It's more stricter on GPUs cuz they require higher power and restricted space.
4. Introducing Pads of different thickness / adding paste between pads may elevate that particular point and cause contact issues with rest of the components.
5. Since its looks like you don't have the resources to do the above research and carry out a proper repaste here is a video for your future endeavors : How to Clean & Repaste a GPU + Replace Thermal Pads &
Is repasting your GPU still worth it?

This guy did an amateur repaste, in the hopes that the card would sell, repasted the GPU at least 2 times without using new thermal pads, inadvertently made the temps worse for the buyer, now acts like he did a bang on job with the repasting and tries to show that its solely the buyers fault that the card is busted.

I would have loved to live in a colder place just so that my ambient temps would be lower and i could game peacefully without profusely sweating but when I heard the card giving temps of 85+ I was shocked.

Still if I am here, responding back, offering resolutions, I expect the unemployed people on the form to kindly maintain their language used publicly, and rather to be polite in discussions.

Note : If I wanna scam, I can just easily leave this forum, mark it as spam on my mail, block the customer, and disappear forever. Just for your kind information, thought you didnt' have got good scams on your past, so gave you a clue. I've been through many, not a single one of them responded back after I made the payment.
Says the guy selling fake YouTube buttons ☠️ on ETSY :tearsofjoy:. Also its forum not form. Also only a scammer says I don't scam.

Also Scamming isn't only running away after selling sub par product. It is also misleading buyers, doing shoddy repairs, claiming item is in mint condition and then acting as if you gave the best product with your only counter being that the product was working (only for an hour tho).

Last edited:
1. Thermal Paste and Thermal Pads have different level of heat conduction. Meaning if you use Paste sandwiched between torn pads you might impede the thermal transfer of heat.
Pads are single use only, and torn ones can't be "re-used" right?
If VRAMs got cooked due to poor thermal conductivity of the pads, it might explain the sudden death of the card.

Rest for all others, I am still willing to help out the customer in recovering the card back up, but the type of response from the community and the opinions from vendors and other sellers tells me that I should give it up and leave the matter as it is.
Agreed but had you been responsive and transparent from the start maybe they wouldn't have accused you of as such. Correct me if I'm victim blaming here but a "mint" card doesn't go bad on day 1 (if we set aside the different opinion of what is meant by "mint" because yours wasn't) so this misinformation from your side does label you as a potential scammer or at the very least someone who wants to take advantage of a system where potential buyers can't decide and differentiate the condition of the card by themselves.

This is a very basic level card, cant' handle slightest fluctuations, even a little bit of voltage fluctuation can cause any minute component to short / blow up, causing an overall short on the power rail of the card.
Isn't this true for all cards? Exactly what is different on this card from any other graphics cards? If it's been launched by the brand up to the specification standards then it shouldn't go poof just because it was apparently installed in a different system than before. The best you can do is ask seller what PSU was used and if they can actually show another card running on the same PSU. (a 3070 can run without an issue on a crap-tier 450-500W PSU btw).

I expect the unemployed people on the form to kindly maintain their language used publicly, and rather to be polite in discussions.
Don't be a clown. Have some respect for yourself at least even if others are accusing you of something and you know its not true (remember its only you who knows that 100%).
p.s I'm personally not calling you a liar/scammer. Also it's never too late to compromise. Hope you and the buyer meets somewhere in between. Well wishes.

Not everyone like you is free all day to look up the forum every moment. People are often stuck with workloads, and get held at situations where they barely spare time to sleep well.

2. The other pc that you tested this card on, pls mention the psu specs, just wanna cross check upon the power demands and supplies. This is a very basic level card, cant' handle slightest fluctuations, even a little bit of voltage fluctuation can cause any minute component to short / blow up, causing an overall short on the power rail of the card.

I am up for two resolutions.
1 - Partial pay back and take the card returned.
2 - Pay for the repairing charges and get the card back to the customer.

But before any of these are accepted, I need a clear cut confirmation regarding the issue with the card.
What I know that I have given a working card, and if it has died in the hands of the customer, I believe it is not at my fault anymore. Still if I am here, responding back, offering resolutions, I expect the unemployed people on the form to kindly maintain their language used publicly, and rather to be polite in discussions.

Let's amicably settle and end this matter now. As I don't have resources around to make it work again, and also, shipping back and forth to Kashmir is a hassle and takes days. so I am willing to share a major loss.

So I accept your partial payment of 50% and return the card as well.

Back