Geohot asks for donations, sets up a new blog!

Re: Sony and PlayStation.com Brought Down By Anonymous Attack, More to Follow...

^ yeah.outta court settlement.......Hotz been banned from buying or owning any SONY Product ever....awesummmmm

Link for the Settlement Documents...

File name: 127-Stipulation.pdf File size: 1.23 MB

I just read the stipulation that was filed by both parties today. Here’s what it says in a nutshell: If Geohotz does any type of hacking or dissemination of information regarding hacking a PS3 or anything close to it he pays $10,000 per violation and Sony gets to sue him in California.

Geohotz gets nothing.

Yep, don’t see how Geohotz came out the winner here…

Re: Sony and PlayStation.com Brought Down By Anonymous Attack, More to Follow...

xXx said:
Hotz been banned from buying or owning any SONY Product ever....awesummmmm

Yeah right! As if he wouldn't be getting any of Sony's products anymore. At best he'd try being anonymous and yet start posting all the hacks in the public henceforth. If the NGP releases, expect a hack within the next 24 hours - he'd be hellbent on cracking the very next device Sony would be releasing.

:p

Gannu said:
Yeah right! As if he wouldn't be getting any of Sony's products anymore. At best he'd try being anonymous and yet start posting all the hacks in the public henceforth. If the NGP releases, expect a hack within the next 24 hours - he'd be hellbent on cracking the very next device Sony would be releasing.

:p
Totally agree, now he just won't be using his GeoHot name, and you can very very well expect a PROPER NGP ahck in the first month itself... GO GEO-HOT!!! lol

^Was Sony ever successful in finding out who sent the modchip to Ozmodchips at Australia? The first ever attempt and a successful one at that. Now THAT is what I precisely meant by being anonymous. Sony can't trace jack about such things no matter being such a big company. It is just not done! :p

Geohotz and fail0verflow came much later.

^^ yeah right...

Say whatever one wishes... but must admit that these "Anonymous" guys have the gutts to finger a big corporation like SONY :)

I don't understand why people like to hide behind the excuses of customization, increased usability, et al in order to support piracy.

If you are a pirate (as most of us are), you need to be shameless, as there is no point or meaning in saying that because Sony's a bully, I'm a thief! :p
If you're a thief (like me :tongue:), then you only need to say that.

But then again, most of us are hypocrites too, hell bent upon trying to rationalize our wrong actions. :devil2:

woow now this is it. Every company is good at beginning . Even companies like sony are fu*king loosers . First they dont take a look at any products at their repair center . I have a music system purchased on 99 with 30k and the tape use to get faulty and just after a year the whole mobo of the player turned out bad . Sony again said reparing will take 3k . So I got it repaired and just after 2 weeks it crashed again .Altogether I spent 37k for the system and it didnt work for more than 6months . And this is not just one faulty piece the whole line up was faulty. So did sony did anything to rectify it! . Yeah it didnt because that will mean loss . SONY will never earn its trust back . And you guys says that other OS was removed due to GH ,then why dont Sony stop Games on PS3 and make a home theatre :p . I bet soon this will come too. They will say that because of some guy like GH they are closing all games on PS3 . You know sony is in such a bad position that it might do a new security that will render all the present systems useless even if its unhacked and its all because of sony's bad security. It was never good since the beginning as the other OS featured proved that security was useless :p .

Geohotz should have remained anonymous... Just a faceless hacker behind a weird alias.... Instead he makes hacking guide with his face exposed, raps about sony lawsuit on youtube, goes on TV to give interview... He got his fame alright but sometimes there are consequences for that when what you do might be illegal...

Besides what good is a famous hacker if he/she does not have a good lawsuit to brag about :p

Message from Anonymous to Sony.

GeoHot has taken a settlement with sony. The case has been dropped. In the eyes of the law, the case is closed, for anonymous it is just beginning.
by forcing social networking sites such as YouTube and Facebook to hand over IP addresses of those who have viewed GeoHot’s videos, they have performed an act of privacy invasion.
We, anonymous, will not allow this to happen.

The attacks on the websites of sony have been ceased, sony’s poor attemps to explain the system outages through maintenance amuse us. Therefore we are finding other ways to get sony’s attention.

This April 16th, grab your mask, a few friends, and get to a local sony store by you. Use the IRC and the official Facebook page to organize a protest in your area. Make sure the people know the injustices performed by this corrupt company.
Boycott all sony products and if you have recently purchased any, return them.

It is time to show large corporations and governments that the people, as a collective whole, can and will change injustice in society, and we will make a great example out of sony.

Sony. prepare for the biggest attack you have ever witnessed, anonymous style.

- Anonops.tk

[youtube]HsiWUC2S1nw[/youtube]

Source: Sony’s GeoHot Settlement Won’t Stop Anonymous – “Sony prepare for the biggest attack you have ever witnessed†« Gamertag Radio
This is utter crap now....it proves how immature annoy group are....

SONY had too, coz nobody wants their store to be vandalized by bunch of goons. Anonymous not only played stupid but encouraged people to wear mask n do a silent boycott, some notorious people might have taken this opportunity to loot the SONY stores, hence SONY had to keep the shutters down, until Police Protection was under place.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Read the Operation Sony FB page...one comment that stood out -

"Just went to a Sony store for the first time in my life!. Bought a Bravia :)"

:rofl: :rofl:

FAIL!!! http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/...e-boycott-fails-stores-take-defensive-action/

Back