Get Ready India, Here Comes the iPhone

That's right guys!

They'll dump non 3G iPhone's in India that too at a premium and launch the 3G versions worldwide (read US and Europe).

I'm hearing and reading a lot about 3G roll-out in ET for sometime now. Everything is on paper. I'll believe it when I see it. This a really long delay for 3G launch in India. :(

India is best destination for unsold/outdated/crap material sold at premium rates 40-50% higher than int'nal market for such int'l giants.
For 3G, operators can't be blamed, it is our indian gov which is demanding additional licencing/fees for 3G. And why 3G now, we indian would get directly 3.5 or 4G in india. LOL

MBKAHBR said:
India is best destination for unsold/outdated/crap material sold at premium rates 40-50% higher than int'nal market for such int'l giants.
For 3G, operators can't be blamed, it is our indian gov which is demanding additional licencing/fees for 3G. And why 3G now, we indian would get directly 3.5 or 4G in india. LOL

Yup and the quality is low/finishing of the handsets is low. We get made in China models. I had bought a specific nokia model in India and got another same model from Hong Kong. The difference in the finishing of both handsets could be clearly seen.

I know it's the govt. They say that the Military Forces have to clear up the 3G space. I don't understand what the MF were doing in the 3G space :huh:

Man, let them roll out 3G first. It'll take more than a decade to roll out 3.5G/4G :bleh:

Corleone said:
Yup and the quality is low/finishing of the handsets is low. We get made in China models.

if you are trying to say that apple is going to launch second quality handsets in India, then I would have to strongly disagree with you..
A company like APPLE would never sacrifice its quality standards for whatever reasons..
Also, buddy, everything is made in china these days..EverythinG !! :)

on a more generic note though:
i really feel that the 3G debate is overrated..Even in developed countries where 3G exists, its very costly..IMHO, India as a nation is not ready to adopt 3G..
we are talking of a country where 256k kbps is defined as broadband..!! there is no demand/use for 3G in India right now..You will very very few users signing up or 3G services even if it were available..
forget 3G..how many of us even use GPRS that regularly..!!

Back