Get upto 39 months of XBOX Gamepass Ultimate for Rs. 7,478 only (Rs.206/month + Rs.50)

thegr8anand

Disciple
I had been reading about using XBOX Gold codes to recharge upto 3 years and then activating the trial which converts your gold subscription to ultimate at 1:1 ratio. But was not sure how to do it in India as we can't buy codes online from resellers like Amazon, Flipkart etc. But i found a way around it by gifting the Gold codes to myself and redeeming those to add upto 3 years (36 months) to Gold plan. By gifting you get 6 months for Rs 1,238 (Rs 1,049 + 18%) compared to subscription per month Rs. 577 (489 + 18%). As a gift you get the same for Rs. 206 compared to Rs. 577 per month subscription. Its ridiculous really! You can do this to get 6+3 upto 36+3 months depending on your choice.

IMPORTANT: You should not have activated the Rs. 50 trial of 3 months for Ultimate. This only works before you have activated the trial and don't have an active Ultimate subscription already. If you do this with Ultimate sub already you will get reduced ratio from your gold codes.

So here the the steps to get upto 36 months of Gamepass Ultimate:
  • You need to make/have Microsoft account that you want to use for Gamepass and/or use with Xbox: https://account.microsoft.com/account
  • Visit XBOX Gold webpage: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/p/xbox-live-gold/CFQ7TTC0K5DJ/000C?activetab=pivot:gamesanddealstab
  • Select 'Buy as Gift" as shown:
  • gp2.jpg
  • Complete the process by emailing yourself the code and making the payment.
  • Now you can do this 5 more times (for total 6) to get upto 36 months Gold subscription. Upto you how many months for Ultimate you want to get for this price. The maximum is 36 months.
  • Go to: https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/ Here you can see all your purchases. For each gift you bought you can view the gift code like this:
  • gp3.jpg
  • Go to: https://redeem.microsoft.com/ and redeem each of the codes you bought.
  • Now you can convert all of those months to Gamepass Ultimate.
  • Visit: https://www.xbox.com/en-IN/xbox-game-pass#join
  • Select like below to activate 3 month Ultimate trial for Rs. 50. You can also do this from XBOX app on PC or from XBOX console (can't test as i dont have it):
  • gp4.jpg
  • Complete the process and make the payment. Now you can see this work in your subscriptions: https://account.microsoft.com/services/
  • gp5.jpg
  • Tip: Turn off recurring billing so you don't get surprised with charges whenever your subscription ends. Click manage from the pic above and then do this:
  • gp6.jpg
Congrats you got upto 3 years of Gamepass Ultimate for Rs. 206/month compared to Rs. 805/month on top of the 3 months for Rs. 50.

Last edited:
Did you test this personally, because I want someone vetting this.
Also does it matter which one I choose ?

1609074600079.png

Yeah I know. I just thought why not check what the price of gifting it is and surprised it was cheap. Then did this whole thing before posting here.

bro. since u have already done this.. can u check one thing.. it seems I can add my cousin to my microsoft account as family then he will also be able to enjoy my purchase.. will it work for this too?

I am glad that I did not get the Ultimate Game Pass first. So the whole plan is to get the Gold first, then buy it for as many months as you can with 36 months being the limit. Later on top it off with the Ultimate Game Pass for 50 bucks. One question, does this works on both the Console and PC because I am planning to get a used XBOX Console.

bro. since u have already done this.. can u check one thing.. it seems I can add my cousin to my microsoft account as family then he will also be able to enjoy my purchase.. will it work for this too?

I dont think so? Sorry can't check. The whole gamepass is linked to your microsoft account that you use to purchase and login to xbox and gamepass on pc.

I am glad that I did not get the Ultimate Game Pass first. So the whole plan is to get the Gold first, then buy it for as many months as you can with 36 months being the limit. Later on top it off with the Ultimate Game Pass for 50 bucks. One question, does this works on both the Console and PC because I am planning to get a used XBOX Console.
Yes. Ultimate has gamepass for PC, Live Gold for Xbox and EA Play. It is all linked to your microsoft account so use the same to login on pc and xbox.
gp7.jpg

I dont think so? Sorry can't check. The whole gamepass is linked to your microsoft account that you use to purchase and login to xbox and gamepass on pc.

Yes. Ultimate has gamepass for PC, Live Gold for Xbox and EA Play. It is all linked to your microsoft account so use the same to login on pc and xbox.
View attachment 97140

I dont see the gift option at all

1609079258586.png

Was going through REDDIT on it and they also say not to buy the XBOX Ultimate Game Pass first but get the Live Gold and then the Ultimate pass.

I am the one that posted there. I clearly said don't do this if you have ultimate subscription already as you will get reduced months. This deal only works if you don't have active Ultimate subscription. When you activate Ultimate what months you have in Live Gold get converted to Ultimate 1:1.

View attachment 97140

Had a doubt, if i take 6 gift passes right now and redeem only 4 of them. I believe I can give the remaining 2 to anyone or use it after 2 year right ??

Had a doubt, if i take 6 gift passes right now and redeem only 4 of them. I believe I can give the remaining 2 to anyone or use it after 2 year right ??

You can purchase as many Live Gold gifts you want. The 6 gift limit (36 months) is the max that gets converted to Ultimate as anything above 36 months of Live Gold will still only give 36 months of Ultimate. So you can buy as many live gold gifts you want but i am not sure how long they remain valid. You have to ask Microsoft support for that.

I have activated 3 months ultimate promo, how will it convert for me?
Not worth it. For 12 months of gold you will only get 4 months of ultimate if you have Ultimate sub already active.

Best bet is to let the 3 month expire. After that use this method to load up on Live Gold (hopefully gift price remains) then just subscribe to one month of ultimate. What gold months you have will get converted to ultimate 1:1.

Or simply make a new Microsoft account and see if you can do this with that.

My cousin has 3 months of Ultimate remaining from his previous subscription, it would be better to wait and then get this right ?

One downer for me is that EA has PlayPro, i play Fifa a lot so will need get their pro version over the play

My cousin has 3 months of Ultimate remaining from his previous subscription, it would be better to wait and then get this right ?

One downer for me is that EA has PlayPro, i play Fifa a lot so will need get their pro version over the play
Yes wait for it to end. Stock up on 6 Live gold gift codes now. Redeem after Ultimate subscription has expired. After redeeming convert to Ultimate by using the trial offer or if that's not available just get 1 month of Ultimate.

I too have PlayPro separately for Fifa.

Back