Getting this 3090ti liquid cooled

I'm sure you are taking about the card and not the friend :smilingimp:
the dude is a he and also im out of age for such things lol

also does the below image shows current watt consumed by my gpu? 30w on idle is okay right

Attachments

• watt.png
    watt.png
    52 KB · Views: 87
@Mann @enthusiast29 @StygianClaw Guys this might sound stupid but i'm thinking of buying a air purifier which fits in my desk to reduce dust on gpu and motherboards

my pc is right in front of main door and no i cant move anywhere else as its been directly connected to inverter

so nay suggestions of small air purifiers with hepa filter?

Guys this might sound stupid but i'm thinking of buying a air purifier which fits in my desk to reduce dust on gpu and motherboards

my pc is right in front of main door and no i cant move anywhere else as its been directly connected to inverter
Won't make a difference if your PC is near a open door and if that door regularly opens/closes (must be since it's a main door) you'll always have dusty air.
Better buy dust filters for the case or do jugaad. Use some old ladies chunni of black/white or any other dark color and stick it from inside the case on vents.

Even if you buy an air purifier and do the above mentioned still you'll get some decent amount of dust in the case in 4-6 months. You can't get away from the task of cleaning.

Unfortunately, I've no idea how effective air purifiers are. I don't think it will make a big difference for your PC though. It might be better to invest in one of those ESD-safe electric dusters to blow out the dust every couple of weeks. Unlike regular blowers and vacuum cleaners, it won't damage the electronics and is the next best option to using a can of compressed air.

Another option is using more restrictive filters. I've heard of Demciflex which makes custom dust filters and they are supposedly the best. I believe @immolationepoch has used it before in his NR200. Maybe he can share how effective it was. It would be great if someone could suggest a cheaper local alternative or jugaad. Perhaps a certain kind of fabric or netting that we can just buy and cut to size according to our needs.

Last edited:
Won't make a difference if your PC is near a open door and if that door regularly opens/closes (must be since it's a main door) you'll always have dusty air.
Better buy dust filters for the case or do jugaad. Use some old ladies chunni of black/white or any other dark color and stick it from inside the case on vents.

Even if you buy an air purifier and do the above mentioned still you'll get some decent amount of dust in the case in 4-6 months. You can't get away from the task of cleaning.
the problem is mine gets dusty within just a month. im tired of dusting every month. where ever i blow it gets all over the room :(

Unfortunately, I've no idea how effective air purifiers are. I don't think it will make a big difference for your PC though. It might be better to invest in one of those ESD-safe electric dusters to blow out the dust every couple of weeks. Unlike regular blowers and vacuum cleaners, it won't damage the electronics and is the next best option to using a can of compressed air.

Another option is using more restrictive filters. I've heard of Demciflex which makes custom dust filters and they are supposedly the best. I believe @immolationepoch has used it before in his NR200. Maybe he can share how effective it was. It would be great if someone could suggest a cheaper local alternative or jugaad. Perhaps a certain kind of fabric or netting that we can just buy and cut to size according to our needs.

maybe something like this will help, cause my robo vacumm cleaner have this filter. but air suction might get limited due to the density?

@Mann @enthusiast29 @StygianClaw Guys this might sound stupid but i'm thinking of buying a air purifier which fits in my desk to reduce dust on gpu and motherboards

Many air purifiers statically charge (ionise) the air particles so that they can be filtered. Usually these particles are trapped at the electrode and the air purifies. If not and your PC doesn't have a proper earthing (ground) there could be serious problems with the PC.
It's far fetched but possible

Many air purifiers statically charge (ionise) the air particles so that they can be filtered. Usually these particles are trapped at the electrode and the air purifies. If not and your PC doesn't have a proper earthing (ground) there could be serious problems with the PC.
It's far fetched but possible
just bought some super thin foam which are used in vacuums. i think this might help. lets see

animishticomb

Installed the filter 2 days back. Damm its already like that. Feels like im living on streets, anyway finally got the solution i guess

Attachments

• 20221120_133944.jpg
    20221120_133944.jpg
    578.7 KB · Views: 69
Back