GO: Gigabyte GA P965 DQ6 Collective Order Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is good... and also remember, with such pros getting DQ6, there will be assured help available right here in TE forums. no need to go post in alien forums asking for help and being called "noob" because you dont have phase change and are not running Vdimm 2.8V on DDR2 and 3-2-2-1 timings :p (oops forgot to mention @ DDR2-1337 :D)

more on a common board right here @ TE, the merrier....

i am going with the DQ6 mainly because of the 965 "express" chipset and the extra goodies involved (just like i will be going with the Pulsar 220 cc :p over all value for money)

mohit said:
hmmm how much is the DS3 for ?? and i am still only PROBABLE darky ..u shudnt have posted my name there until i confirmed.... ill confirm within a day max.

mohit, read my post above.... i would suggest you to go with ds3/ dq6 also.... for the above stated reasons. and we all saw the experience ad1 had with the p5wdh and p5b (it did not post).... i hope you make the right call.

NO point getting the DS3 Mo,the price difference between the 2 isnt much surprisingly.Stick with the DQ6,i know its expensive but worth it,its tried and tested and you get all the bells and whistles with it.

just to give you folks a idea of what all BIOS options are available on the DQ6.

OvercleX : Hardware | Gigabyte 965P-DQ6

check the pics out..... ^^

summary:

1) Loads of mem timings

2) FSB selectable from 100-600

3) PCI-e from 100-150

4) Vcore upto 2.375V

5) MCH upto +.75V

6) Vdimm upto +.775V (so effectively upto ~2.55V)

7) Vfsb upto +0.35V

6) V pci-e upto +0.35V

Regards,

Karan

Darky, Karan and I have confirmed orders for P5W boards so the 3 of us will not be getting the DQ6... you might still be able to order this.

RiO said:
Darky, Karan and I have confirmed orders for P5W boards so the 3 of us will not be getting the DQ6... you might still be able to order this.

frankly i'd much prefer the Asus.

if you are getting the P5W, can i still get in on it? let me know :)

Update -

Guys there is some bad news as well as some good news.Unfortunately,the Gigabyte DQ6 order wont be possible because i got a mail this morning from the Gigabyte person stating that the board can be made available only after 3 weeks once we place the order.

Hence i am closing this thread...:(

But on the brighter side,Here is the surprise -:hap2:

SURPRISE !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back