[GO] HMT Pilot - Mechanical watch with White dial and Blue hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those who have received these watches: Wind it slowly, with minute graduations on the crown and when you feel the play tightening, stop. Also let the barrel discharge completely; couple of times so the mainspring is properly lubricated with the machine oil. They should run for ~38-40H before the main barrel totally unwinds and the movement should stop.

:)

Thanks

But 3 days and still lying in Chennai Fock you DTDC

Same here as well. It was shipped on 11 th dec and untill Yesterday it's still in chennai. Just talked to local DTDC guy, He says it has still not left chennai. Once it has left chennai & reached delhi... they will deliver it next day . I am looking at monday most probably now.

HiGmano,

Just did the payment 1200+1200+85 to Bangalore.

Please verify, can not wait to get my hands on it. I have 2 other watches are on order right now. Steinhart OVM and one Casio Protrek, but I am most exited for this one.. :)

-Inder

Got mine sooner than expected :)!

@gmano, once again thank you for the GO. The watch is magnificent. Same could be said of the packing. All in all, the watch truly does seem to be worth the wait.

P.S. - A query though, what am I to do if I don't use the watch on a daily basis? Should I still wind it up after it stops just to keep the mechanicals going or is it alright if the watch is left unwound (and stopped) for a few days or even a week perhaps. Also, how many hours (approximate) does the watch keep ticking before it needs another full rewind?

P.S. - A query though, what am I to do if I don't use the watch on a daily basis? Should I still wind it up after it stops just to keep the mechanicals going or is it alright if the watch is left unwound (and stopped) for a few days or even a week perhaps. Also, how many hours (approximate) does the watch keep ticking before it needs another full rewind?
You can let it be unwound as long as you like. But give it a run through 1-2x per month at a minimal. The power reserve would be 38-40H.

received mine too.[DOUBLEPOST=1386942919][/DOUBLEPOST]how to change the belt?
Spring bar removal tool, or some "juggad" method of fthe web. The lugs are not drilled through, so you might rupture the leather belt a bit when forcing it. Do it slowly, cause once the spring bar disengages from the lug, it will immediately fly in the opposite direction with a rapid trajectory. It is spring loaded. Go, slow and easy. Else take it to a watch jeweler, but stand over his head as he changes it. They have a penchant to scratch the case,

Received the watches today.

Thanks a lot GMano sir for organizing this. I can't imagine the patience and time you had to put through from your busy life to get this GO going for all of us.

I would also like to order for another watch, like many people here. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back