[GO] Norton Internet Security / Norton 360

Which Security Suite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There are total 9 confirmations in the thread out of 10. All executed payments must be realized by tomorrow morning, if not yet.

Final cost comes out to be Rs. 377 for 365 days ==> Re. 1/day :)

Remaining subscription days are not added in the newly purchased subscription.

Here is the part of a trusted review from Amazon.
I upgraded my NIS 2011 to 2012 thinking my "remaining subscription days" would remain the same. I lost a few days, but no big deal because I was near the end of my subscription anyway. But if you have days remaining, wait to install the 2012 disk software or upgrade until your existing subscription is almost or completely gone. Otherwise, you will have your subscription clock "reset" to 366 days remaining, meaning you won't see your previous "days remaining" added to the new subscription period. It just resets it because it is a new subscription. Only if you renew your existing license through the software itself will you see your remaining days added, but that is a far more expensive route than buying a new license/key

Here is the screenshot from NIS renewal page. Read the note that clearly says that remaining days are not carried forwarded.

Norton Renewal.jpg

Attachments

• Norton Renewal.jpg
    Norton Renewal.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 133
FANTASTIC OFFER ...... Is renewal possible... For an existing user ? ;) I doubt very much :(

oops..... just saw @wecaz's note

I have 208 days left of my existing Norton 360 v5 + Norton Utilities account

Incidently, I just wish to offer my feedback & a CAUTIONARY ADVICE .... for "Renewal" ......

I have been a Norton user since the past 4 years & totally satisfied as my system has NEVER ever troubled me with viruses/malwares/etc...etc. I purchased my license directly from Norton in 2008..... It was Total Internet Security or some such thing..... which was around 1200/- or so .......... In 2011... I switched over to Norton 360 v5 (Rs 1694.99) + added Norton Utilities (Rs 200) = Total of 1894.99 .................

Each year I have renewed my account online, paying by my Mastercard or ICICI Online Bank account. Just that, the last time April-2012 they auto-debited Rs 2490/- from my Credit Card Account. I noticed this almost 3 weeks later & let it pass as I thought prices had increased + I was an extremely satisfied user. It was very much later that I realised that I had been fleeced royally. The prices at various other online sites were very much lower (and right now...as indicated by this deal too by chiragsthakur). I went through all my emails & noticed that they had sent me a reminder for renewal & hidden at the bottom....in a tiny font was something about "auto-renewal" ..... this stunned me as I never had given "auto-renewal" consent to Norton (or anything/anyone else for that matter in all my life)............. I did not pursue the matter as I was stressed out too much with work & other events in my life.

Now I have disabled this feature from the "Account" details online..... [Note that even Credit-Card details of users are stored in their database... It may be encrypted, but still at the end Norton too is just like all the rest]. So all you guys after registering your license... and if you wish to renew it next year & make an online payment, then do keep checking your Account details and if "auto-renewal" is ennabled....

Now, when my Account expires in April 2013.... I will send them mails...NOT to auto-renew. Then wait for a few days & purchase Norton from a 3rd party source or maybe change to some other.

Enjoy a great product at an UNBELIEVABLE PRICE.

Terry

Last edited by a moderator:
Terry, thanks for the feedback and your experience. Valuable inputs. I never make CC transactions for buying security suites, I get it mostly on COD :) and never see any symantec mails..

Terry, thanks for the feedback and your experience. Valuable inputs. I never make CC transactions for buying security suites, I get it mostly on COD :) and never see any symantec mails..

LESSON LEARNT .... will contact you before my Norton expires in April 2013 if you can locate similar deals or whichever.

Enjoy :)

Remaining subscription days are not added in the newly purchased subscription.

Here is the part of a trusted review from Amazon.

Here is the screenshot from NIS renewal page. Read the note that clearly says that remaining days are not carried forwarded.

If you further read the reply comments to that.. one of the guy mentioned
This happened to me but an email to symantic and they added my remaining days and a month extra for my troubles.

I am also of the same opinion. They cannot simply eat up the remaining days. However this is a nice find and a pointer to be alert while renewing. Thanks for sharing.

Back