Going to buy a ps2 need info..!!

raksrules

Elite
Aug 30, 2007
Mumbai
Ethan_Hunt said:
I was referring to the local consoles being modded.The already modded ones can vary in their price range.No doubt they are imports but that means the dealer can have his take at the price.I had found a modded SCPH-9006 model for 6.5k when I was hunting for my PS2.When I peeked into the box I realised that the default controller which is supposed to be an original one was swapped with a fake one.Hence I backed out instantly.Got it for 7.5k with a years service warranty from the store that I got it from.:hap2:

I too am planning to buy my console from the same shop where Ethan_Hunt has got it from. :eek:hyeah:
btw shud i buy the memory card from them too or from croma or SONY showroom. The price difference is approx 200 Rs i think

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay
Doesn't matter that much.You can get it from the same shop instead of going all the way to Croma.Try getting all the accessories from one place itself rather than splitting the purchase points.

acamzxc

Disciple
Sep 29, 2007
@ Ethan What is the difference between fake and Original Controllers I serched alot but cudnt find anyifo on net. My controllers seems original. But still I am unsure because of the source frm which i got my PS2. Please Let me know.

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay
I'll again quote myself from my post at Digit:

It's pretty simple.If you have both the controllers with you.You will notice that the original controller's finish is very dark & shiny black towards the edge of the controller socket(one which you insert into the controller slot).Second difference is the patenting of the "Dual Shock" logo on the top of the controller.In a fake controller the colour would be a bit faded blue & in the original it would be very dark in colour.Last but not the least he mentioned was the response of the R3 button.He manually showed it to me by pressing R3 on each controllers & the fake one seemed a bit dodgy.

You can also make out by tapping the action buttons on the controller.The fake would sometimes be a bit lousy on it's responses.But this is subjective.While the above are very true.I have personally experienced it first hand while buying it from the shop I got it from.Most of the times the dealers aren't bothered what they provide you with.While there are others who take time & explain things which you are not aware of.This shop was one of them.:hap2:

painkiller

Adept
Nov 13, 2007
New Delhi
desicode.blogspot.com
amitmishra12 said:
Where is croma??

Vikas Surya Shopping Mall (this is opposite ritu wears and adjacent to m2k :hap2: )

Sec-3, Rohini, Mangalam Place,

Near Deepali Chowk,

New Delhi – 41

Phone: +91 11 - 47080730

Pacific Mall

Plot No. 1, Dr. Burman Marg, Site IV

Sahibabad Industrial Area,

Ghaziabad 20101

Crown Interiorz Mall

1st floor Crown Mall 12/7,

Main Mathura Road NH2,

Faridabad 121003

300th post......:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

montyseth

Disciple
Jan 22, 2008
Playstation 2 really rocks . Many good titles such s God of war , God of war 2 and whole burnout series. sports game such as pro evolution , brian lara , tiger woods and many many more.

mallik

Adept
Nov 26, 2007
Well I am surprised no one has mentioned "Ico" and "Shadow of the Colossus" here as top games for PS2. I think they were the best looking games on the PS2. Fumito Ueda is a genius - he makes ethereal creations with such simplicity. Ico has a very simple game play, while Shadow ... is just colossal. The first time you see the giants that you are going to fight, you are simply overwhelmed. Game play is intuitive - in "Colossus" - riding on the horse and shining your sword are just spell binding experiences. You can just roam around in the area, looking at the picturesque surroundings, oblivious of time!

For more info, check here: Fumito Ueda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Titles for RPG fans are -

1. Baldur's Gate - Dark Alliance

2. Avatar (For Kids I would say)

3. Champions of Norrath

For Action Adventure Fans - There is the Epic GOW and GOW2. Also there is the awesome title "Okami"

And then off course there is Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) for the ultimate football experience.

Cheers!

Mallik

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay
I'll randomly pick mine out:

God of War I & II (Don't buy a PS2 without buying this game along with it.:hap2:)
Burnout Revenge
Resident Evil 4
WWE Smackdown Here Comes the Pain
WWE Raw V/S Smackdown
Black
Ratchet & Clank series (One of the best platformers of PS2)
Destroy All Humans
Batman Begins
Tekken 5
Fatal Frame
Forbidden Siren
From Russia With Love
God Hand
Killer7
Mortal Kombat Armageddon
Bully
Manhunt 1 & 2 (Uncut versions)
Timesplitters 2
Project Snowblind
Virtua Fighter 4
Silent Hill 3 & 4
Shadow Of Rome

That's pretty much what I can remember off the hook.All of these should keep you hooked up for a pretty long time now.:)

painkiller

Adept
Nov 13, 2007
New Delhi
desicode.blogspot.com
Ethan_Hunt said:

God of War I & II (Don't buy a PS2 without buying this game along with it.:hap2:)

Burnout Revenge

Resident Evil 4

WWE Raw V/S Smackdown

Black

Destroy All Humans

Batman Begins

Tekken 5

Fatal Frame

Forbidden Siren

From Russia With Love

God Hand

Killer7

Mortal Kombat Armageddon

Bully

Timesplitters 2

Project Snowblind

Virtua Fighter 4

Silent Hill 3 & 4

Shadow Of Rome

That's pretty much what I can remember off the hook.All of these should keep you hooked up for a pretty long time now.:)

man how can u forget GTA series :huh: :huh: :huh:

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay
^HEHE! Not personally a fan of GTA myself.Though I have just started playing San Andreas yesterday & slowly getting accustomed to it's style.Assuming he has a PC & already must have played the PC version, I felt like listing out some exclusive ones.Some are ported too PC as well but don't play as good as they do on a PS2 Viz. Resident Evil 4.:)

mh09ad5578

the aRchiTect!
Adept
Sep 23, 2007
Chitradurga
Ethan_Hunt said:

Burnout Revenge

Resident Evil 4

WWE Raw V/S Smackdown

Black

Destroy All Humans

Batman Begins

Tekken 5

Fatal Frame

Forbidden Siren

From Russia With Love

God Hand

Killer7

Mortal Kombat Armageddon

Bully

Timesplitters 2

Project Snowblind

Virtua Fighter 4

Silent Hill 3 & 4

Shadow Of Rome

guys u have any idea where u can get the*ahem*versions of these in bangalore???i searched the entire national market/bajaj complex/sukhsagar mall/burma/thurma etc. bazaar!!!!but couldnt even find GT4 there!!!!:huh: :huh: :huh: , u mumbai/delhi guys r damn lucky!!!!:( , i couldn't find a single title from the above list except burnout revenge!!!!!:S

painkiller

Adept
Nov 13, 2007
New Delhi
desicode.blogspot.com
mh09ad5578 said:
guys u have any idea where u can get the*ahem*versions of these in bangalore???i searched the entire national market/bajaj complex/sukhsagar mall/burma/thurma etc. bazaar!!!!but couldnt even find GT4 there!!!!:huh: :huh: :huh: , u mumbai/delhi guys r damn lucky!!!!:( , i couldn't find a single title from the above list except burnout revenge!!!!!:S

i love my nehru place and palika bazaar :hap2: :hap2: :hap2: