Good OFR Heater

Nalin

Skilled
Looking for advice on good Oil Filled Radiator based heater, going to be used in upcoming Delhi winter. Folks staying in colder parts of the country and using OFR heaters, what are your observations..

Room size is around 130 sq. ft

Some considerable things :-
  • how much fins are sufficient
  • should not reduce oxygen
  • can withstand 3 - 5 °C temps
  • electricity consumption

Budget - 10k (flexible)

Last edited:
I have a Bajaj and a Morphy richards, both are made by Bajaj. Bajaj 9 fin works very well for Delhi winter., i am using it in 150 sq ft room.
Bought 10 years back.

I'm confused between De'Longhi, Black Decker, Havells and Morphy Richards. Have heard good about these.
Also how much area do 9 fin, 11 fin and 13 fin cover respectively?
What is the need for the additional fan heater that certain models have?

I have a Bajaj and a Morphy richards, both are made by Bajaj.
Both made by Bajaj? How?

AFAIK, Bajaj electricals hardly makes anything. It import everything from china and put its name on it like 99% of other brands.

I checked some OFR online. They all look identical. They all being made in the same factory in China.

Shortlisted 2 models : -

1) Morphy Richards OFR Room Heater, 9 Fin 2000 Watts Oil Filled Room Heater - ₹6,599.
2) Havells OFR 9 Wave Fins with Fan - ₹9,299.

@Arjun according to reviews so far 9 Fin seems adequate for 130 sq. ft room. Morphy Richards service has been outsourced to Bajaj and is not 1st party and secondly it does not have any fan unlike Havells no doubt the price difference between the two of them.

I have a Bajaj and a Morphy richards, both are made by Bajaj. Bajaj 9 fin works very well for Delhi winter., i am using it in 150 sq ft room.
Bought 10 years back.
How do we know Morphy is made by Bajaj?
Shortlisted 2 models : -

1) Morphy Richards OFR Room Heater, 9 Fin 2000 Watts Oil Filled Room Heater - ₹6,599.
2) Havells OFR 9 Wave Fins with Fan - ₹9,299.

@Arjun according to reviews so far 9 Fin seems adequate for 130 sq. ft room. Morphy Richards service has been outsourced to Bajaj and is not 1st party and secondly it does not have any fan unlike Havells no doubt the price difference between the two of them.
Fan consumes 400W extra and is meant for initial quick heating only.

In my opinion, it's better to go for a higher fin count than required and limit it to less than the max setting. I say this since I got a 11 fin model last year and it turned out to be insufficient for my place. Takes a really long time and fan has to be on to keep the room comfortable, all this while running continuously at highest setting. I guess we could have been better off with a 13 fin model.
It consumes more electricity than AC since winter bills turn out to be higher than with running 2 ACs in summer

In my opinion, it's better to go for a higher fin count than required and limit it to less than the max setting. I say this since I got a 11 fin model last year and it turned out to be insufficient for my place. Takes a really long time and fan has to be on to keep the room comfortable, all this while running continuously at highest setting. I guess we could have been better off with a 13 fin model.
It consumes more electricity than AC since winter bills turn out to be higher than with running 2 ACs in summer
Using a 13 fin for years, thinking I went overboard. BTW 13 fin even running at half power jacks up bill more than 2 ACs as you said. On a positive side bill in sep oct nov are very less, goes up in dec maxes out in Jan. Averaging out whole year.

I have a 9 fin and a 11 fin, the 9 fin heats the room faster than the 11 fin. The 11 fin is not used much.

Back