Good Quality Electrical Switches and Sockets. Who makes them?

Good Quality Electrical Switches and Sockets.

• Schneider electric

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Legrand

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • GM Modular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Great White

• Hagar

• Havells

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Crabtree

• Anchor

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • ABB

• Cona

• Total voters

Does using RJ45 wall ports reduce bandwidth?

I want to use cat6 wall ports instead of running a single cat6 cable throughout to connect to, say, other access/mesh points, cctv or computers. Would I still get the 10 gbps bandwidth? Do remember that when we use RJ45 wall ports, we use them in pairs. So there always be 2 wall ports for every connection.

What do you do in your house?
They don't. My 2007 Cat5 cables still provide near 100 mpbs speed.

Like @skoka123 mentioned ant issues ravage these switches. We have resorted to spraying insecticides inside the boxes frequently in cozier areas of the house.
If you can open the box. Stick half a lemon in it. You can leave it for a couple of months. Whenever there are ants in the house i leave half a used lemon in many places. Ants hate the smell of limonene. Ants leave smell markers which other ants pick up on. The more that follow the trail the stronger the scent becomes. If no ants pass that trail the scent gets fainter and they lose track of it and go elsewhere. The only caveat here is lemon works for some ants. Not all. Depends on the kind you have.
All mobiles released in a last few years have chargers like that. Check the charger from the photo itself. Check your own charger against any other 2 pin plug.

One may not realise it but chargers don't come with standard 2 pin plug layout. Chargers have bigger prongs like 3 pin plug and spacing between prongs is also like 3 pin plug.

Hence mobile charges require 3 pin socket but as they don't have earth prong to push away the safety shutter, they get cockblocked.
I understand now what you're saying. The mobile adapters are two-pin but the pins are spaced like a three-pin. In effect, they are two-pin type D whereas true two pin is Type C.

I never realised there was a difference with the pin spacing as my sockets don't have safety shutters. So these plugs work everywhere. The euro ones however need an adapter as the pins aren't as thick as the Indian standard.

I don't know what you will do if yours have safety shutters. Use a three-pin adapter you plug the mobile adapter into then I guess.

Last edited:
I understand now what you're saying. The mobile adapters are two-pin but are spaced like a three-pin. In effect, they are two pin type D whereas true two pin is Type C

https://www.worldstandards.eu/electricity/plugs-and-sockets/d/
My sockets don't have those safety shutters. So these plugs work everywhere.

I don't know what you will do if yours have safety shutters. Use a three pin adapter you plug the mobile adapter into then i guess.
Right. Most of the 2 pin plugs in the house are 2 pin Type D. I checked my new sockets, they work okay with 2 pin type D.

Type C 2 pin plug is a very tight fit though.

Back