PC Peripherals Good quality wired USB optical mouse

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a good quality wired USB optical mouse for everyday use on my desktop.

I have been using Logitech products, and while they are good, but I have found that the 2-3 mouse that I have used.. the left mouse button goes bad quite soon. I don't play games and all, so there is no rough usage of the mouse.. I just use computer everyday for normal use, but yes, sometimes I can be on computer for whole day, and I use mouse a lot. Still, I don't think a quality mouse like Logitech should go bad so soon.

So, are there any other good suggestions for the mouse, or I should still go with Logitech?

I need a good mouse for my laptop too, which too has an old Logitech mouse.. the left button sometimes works fine, and sometimes I have to press it hard to work.

The desktop mouse otherwise works fine for normal clicks and all... but for selecting, and/or dragging, and selecting and dragging.. it just doesn't stick, and I have to perform repeated operations, specially during photo editing, which I have been doing a lot lately... it's frustrating.

There's no such thing as a good reliable mouse these days, I've used mice ranging from 1k-7k and all of em have had problems because they just don't build it like they used to anymore.
I really don't understand what's wrong with the buttons these days, no one knows what these people are doing differently that makes their products less durable than the buttons on ball mice from ages ago.

It's better to buy a sub 1k mouse and use it for as long as it will work, if it makes it through the warranty period w/o any problems it's already a miracle.

Take a logitech mouse with 3 year warranty. I have one and replaced twice under warranty. No questions asked they just replace with a fresh one. Atleast for that policy i would stick with logitech.

Rightly said @psyph3r , they just don't make it like they used to. And it's not only with the mouse, it's with everything these days.

Good advice @benryu, I will go with a Logitech mouse.

Thanks guys :).[DOUBLEPOST=1454561875][/DOUBLEPOST]Just for knowledge though. Any other brands besides Logitech which are considered good for keyboard and mouse?

I am currently using a Dragonwar keyboard. The quality seems good for the price with braided cable and gold connectors. But only one year warranty.

Wasn't aware of that brand, but then again, I am not into gaming. Surprised about the warranty though. At that price and quality, warranty period should have been more.

I personally have thrown 2 Logitech mice in 2 years.. The same problem in both of them.. The left button made double clicks randomly instead of single.. Finally, bought an HP mouse and its working alright so far in last 6 months.. Amazon link

Thanks for the suggestion.

I was thinking of ordering two different mouse, one of Logitech for desktop and one another for my laptop. Maybe I should get the HP one for laptop. Strange however, Amazon lists the warranty for the product linked for one year, whereas HP site lists it for 3 years.

And for this model:

http://www.amazon.in/HP-Optical-But...8-3647432?ie=UTF8&refRID=1KWA0WCW3K9Y390GR7QG

Amazon says warranty for 3 years, whereas HP site says 1 year. This is the newer model though, as per the date introduced on Amazon.

Now am confused.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I was thinking of ordering two different mouse, one of Logitech for desktop and one another for my laptop. Maybe I should get the HP one for laptop. Strange however, Amazon lists the warranty for the product linked for one year, whereas HP site lists it for 3 years.

And for this model:

http://www.amazon.in/HP-Optical-But...8-3647432?ie=UTF8&refRID=1KWA0WCW3K9Y390GR7QG

Amazon says warranty for 3 years, whereas HP site says 1 year. This is the newer model though, as per the date introduced on Amazon.

Now am confused.
HP also states the warranty as 3 years.. Check this http://www.hpshopping.in/HP_X500_Wired_Mouse

Edit: Looks like specifications tab at the bottom says 1 year.. HP contradicting itself.. You could send them an email for a confirmation on what the warranty is.. Or keep a copy of the page and then claim period as 3 years if issues in the mouse arise..

Last edited:
Yes, there is a contradiction in what they say above and then in the specs. Whereas, for this model, there is no contradiction.

http://www.hpshopping.in/HP_USB_3_Button_Optical_Mouse

On the HP site, the above mouse has a higher price, so its quality should be better? But on Amazon site, both mouse are almost the same price.

Also, it's strange that on Amazon, photos of both the mouse is same, whereas the photos differ on HP site.

Since you bought the above model, does it have a long shape, or is it small? On HP site, in photo it looks smaller.

It's all very confusing.

I've had good luck with Dell mouse. I have a 3 year old Dell WM112 Wireless that I use with 2 laptops and sometimes I even take it with me to office.

In the office I have Dell MS111. Its kind of large so I am not really a big fan of it but as long as durability is concerned it has withstood good 7-8 hours of rigorous clicking in the past 1 year.

Apart from these I also have a Genius Netscroll 110X wired mouse which cost me 300 and it is the most comfortable mouse for basic non-gaming usage. Doesn't get used much though due to it being wired.

Can vouch for all of the mice mentioned.

I don't like Dell hardware, it's not of quality. I have seen two Dell laptops that have degraded a lot because of their low quality hardware.

I have often wondered about Genius products, since I first came across them a few years ago. Have no idea if they are any good.

Thank you for the suggestion, but I don't think I will go for an iBall product. Their products seem sub-par to me. It's great that it's working well for you though. Personally, I do not like that brand.

It's surprising to hear good things about such products which I thought wouldn't do so well, like iBall, Dell, etc. If there were more people recommending them, maybe I would think about it.

Not a problem buddy. I had no problems with iBall thats why I suggested you, but finally the choice depends on you. :) :)

Thank you friend, I really appreciate your suggestion :). You are right to suggest a product that is working well for you, as you never know if it will help. Thank you again.

I am thankful for all the suggestions posted here :).

I must say that for a long time I had been looking for a good quality forum for India where quality feedback was provided, and I am glad that I found this forum. It has helped me often.

I don't like Dell hardware, it's not of quality. I have seen two Dell laptops that have degraded a lot because of their low quality hardware.

I have often wondered about Genius products, since I first came across them a few years ago. Have no idea if they are any good.
Had a Genius gaming mouse, the one with the free mouse pad. Served me well for around 2-3 years. Don't remember the model but it was a clone of the legendary MX 518.
Gaming mice are usually built well for rough use and comfort, can be used for regular use too.

Back