PC Peripherals Good quality wired USB optical mouse

too much clutter and looks ugly to me. i like less wires personally. plus on wireless i can place laptop far away. etc and use the mouse on my bed. Also mine has no ugly red laser as well.

I always take a bit of time to decide on things. I would have gone with Logitech, but my experience over the years with it has not been very satisfactory. Left button starts misbehaving, and had middle mouse button misbehave too in a previous mouse.

Plus, experience of others, here and on online shopping sites too show that people have not been very happy with Logitech recently.

I don't want to buy any cheap mouse, and then have it turn out bad in a few months. I value my money, and would like to use it for a right product, even if it takes a bit of a time. For my desktop computer too, which I built myself with help from here, I took my time on it, and now it's working really well since a few years. I am happy. Patience pays.

Well, the Microsoft mouse I decided on is still out of stock, and I am stuck. Will wait for a few more days.

My desktop Logitech mouse which was misbehaving, is now working well, so that's good, and I can wait for some more days. If the mouse remains out of stock, I might have to go with a Logitech mouse :/.

I have heard of Genius, but again, I haven't read much reviews about it.

Well, finally I have placed orders for the mouse.

I went with HP mouse:

http://www.flipkart.com/hp-ky619-3-...m0AJAs2Q=&ref=L:-931161717767190919&srno=b_13

and a Logitech one:

http://www.amazon.in/Logitech-M105-...1_9?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1458724880&sr=1-9

I had to order from different sites, as 3 years warranty is not covered for both items in one site.

Also, I had to go for a Logitech mouse, as the Microsoft 200 Optical Mouse that I wanted has been out of stock for a long time, and it looks like it won't be coming back to stock anytime soon. It was available on Amazon, but at a very high price.

So, I went with a Logitech mouse. Atleast it will have a 3 year warranty.

I will share my experience with both mouse once they arrive, and I have used them for sometime.

Thanks to everyone for their inputs.

I had to return the HP mouse, since the package was torn. I am now planning to buy HP or Microsoft mouse from a local shop. Will inquire about prices and availability of the models I want.

Received the Logitech M105 mouse today which I had ordered from Amazon.

The mouse is small and feels like a laptop mouse, rather than a desktop one. Would have been better if it was bigger.

Clicking sound is louder than my old Logitech mouse.

Let's see how long this one lasts. So far, it's running fine.

I finally got this HP mouse from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.in/HP-KY619AA-But...L0IM8?ie=UTF8&ref_=gb1h_img_m-2_5987_67fb8940

There was heavy confusion about the warranty of the mouse. HP site, and Flipkart show the warranty as 3 years. On Amazon it showed 1 year. I called up HP on their toll free number, and they said that if I got the mouse from an HP approved vendor on online site, then the warranty will be three years. But, there was no HP approved vendor on Flipkart, even though they show warranty as 3 years. I then asked about the warranty from an HP approved vendor on Amazon, and they said the warranty will only be one year.

I then mailed HP support, and asked them about this confusion. They said that if I ordered from the HP site, then I will get the 3 years warranty as a promotion offer. They are very terse in their replies, which I found unsatisfactory.

Anyways, I would have ordered the mouse from HP, but they don't offer cash on delivery.

I searched for desired models of HP and Microsoft in local stores, but none of them kept those models. Quite a shame. Really, the local stores are so out of touch with latest products, when they should be properly informed, since they are running such big stores. But really, such is the condition of stores in India. They are ignorant about latest technologies or products.

Microsoft mouse was no longer in stock on Flipkart, and the same was very costly on Amazon.

So, since I would be getting 1 year warranty on HP mouse, I decided to buy it from Amazon, where I got it for ₹285 in lightning deal, which is great.

I got the mouse today. The mouse is good, but it seems a bit big for my palm. My hand is a bit small for the mouse. I have just a bit of a problem holding the scroll, and it's a bit uncomfortable in scrolling, since I have to kind of reach for it. The scrolling seems a bit hard too, not that smooth.

I hope the handling of the mouse does not cause much problem for me. Otherwise, it's a good mouse, with a long cable, and decent clicking sound.

It will be offered for low price in the ongoing Amazon sale, in a short while from now. So anyone who wants to get it, they should. Just keep in mind the size, as it's a bit big. Also, go for it, if you are okay with getting just 1 year warranty if you get it from Amazon or Flipkart.

Thank you for all the help guys.

Are there any large mices out there at a sub-1K price level. I'd like to get a large gaming mouse a friend has, found it very comfortable for the time I used it especially since I get wrist pains with current mouse, but don't wanna spend that much (2K+) on a mouse.

Dude, you are hijacking the thread. You should have posted your query as a separate thread.

Yes, I took time to buy two mouse, but I had my reasons for doing so, some of which are personal. Anyways, it's my decision on when I should buy something. I don't have to live my life based on how others want it.

That apart, it's a general rule on forums that people shouldn't hijack other threads. I don't consider this thread to be important, but, as a general rule, his query should have been posted as a separate thread. That's all I am saying.

It's really unbelievable though, how people take time to post a sarcastic reply, rather than post something useful.

Dude, you are hijacking the thread. You should have posted your query as a separate thread.

Sorry bud. I was searching about mices on the forum and posted here. A thread hijack is when one completely steers away from the topic at hand. While your requirement was "Good quality wired USB optical mouse", mine was "Good quality wired large USB optical mouse" :D.

No offense meant. All in good humour!

It's really unbelievable though, how people take time to post a sarcastic reply, rather than post something useful.

A lot of people don't necessarily browse every sub-forum everyday, posting in this thread makes sense because others who have offered suggestions to you end up getting notifications and can in turn help others.
You already bought a mouse twice so the purpose of this thread was already served, what's the big deal if someone else posts to get suggestions ?
What's unbelievable is people behaving like someone's tresspassed their personal property just for a post on an internet forum.

Sorry bud. I was searching about mices on the forum and posted here. A thread hijack is when one completely steers away from the topic at hand. While your requirement was "Good quality wired USB optical mouse", mine was "Good quality wired large USB optical mouse" :D.

No offense meant. All in good humour!

It's alright buddy :).

From what you posted, I understand that your query is about a gaming mouse, which is completely different from my query. So, a separate thread would have been better. But, if your requirement is similar to mine, then it's fine.

If you require a non-gaming big size mouse, then the one I bought from HP ... model KY619AA will suit you well, since it's of a larger size. Just look at the size specification for it.

Thanks for your decent post, much appreciated. :).

Edit: I noticed you had asked for mouse for about 1k. Then, my suggestion won't suit you. But, from whatever I have used the HP mouse, it seems to be a decent one.
Anyways, I hope you find a good mouse.

Last edited:
A lot of people don't necessarily browse every sub-forum everyday, posting in this thread makes sense because others who have offered suggestions to you end up getting notifications and can in turn help others.
You already bought a mouse twice so the purpose of this thread was already served, what's the big deal if someone else posts to get suggestions ?
What's unbelievable is people behaving like someone's tresspassed their personal property just for a post on an internet forum.

You must have noticed that his query is about a gaming mouse, which is completely different from my query. So, it does not make sense to post in this thread, if that's the case.

It's nothing personal. If I had contributed in a thread posted by someone else, and someone had posted like this, I would have said the same.

A moderator on this, or any forum, will tell you that it's always better to post a different query in a separate thread. I am a moderator on another forum myself, so I understand this.

It's not a big deal, and it's nothing personal. It's just about following rules.

A moderator on this, or any forum, will tell you that it's always better to post a different query in a separate thread. I am a moderator on another forum myself, so I understand this.

Team-Bhp by any chance ? lol
I'm a mod on a couple of forums myself but I'm not one of those nazi mods, I treat internet forums with the seriousness that it actually deserves.

It's alright buddy :).

From what you posted, I understand that your query is about a gaming mouse, which is completely different from my query. So, a separate thread would have been better. But, if your requirement is similar to mine, then it's fine.

If you require a non-gaming big size mouse, then the one I bought from HP ... model KY619AA will suit you well, since it's of a larger size. Just look at the size specification for it.

Thanks for your decent post, much appreciated. :).

Edit: I noticed you had asked for mouse for about 1k. Then, my suggestion won't suit you. But, from whatever I have used the HP mouse, it seems to be a decent one.
Anyways, I hope you find a good mouse.

No. I didn't ask for a gaming mouse suggestion. What I meant was I liked the large size of the gaming mouse a friend had but I was not ready to shell out what he had (~2K) for the same. Any mouse will do just that it should be large sized.

Even I feel you're making a mountain out of a molehill but I also seriously believe this is not worth arguing over and hence, I apologized and moved on. Even reported the posts to mods to have them moved onto a separate thread.

No. I didn't ask for a gaming mouse suggestion. What I meant was I liked the large size of the gaming mouse a friend had but I was not ready to shell out what he had (~2K) for the same. Any mouse will do just that it should be large sized.

Sorry I misunderstood. But, from your wordings, it looked like you were looking for a gaming mouse. You can consider the HP mouse I bought, if that price range suits you.
It seemed a bit large for my hand earlier, and felt strange, but I have got used to it now.

Even I feel you're making a mountain out of a molehill but I also seriously believe this is not worth arguing over and hence, I apologized and moved on. Even reported the posts to mods to have them moved onto a separate thread.

Yes, I too feel this matter has gone too far now. Sorry for that. I was just trying to explain myself. You did the right thing.[DOUBLEPOST=1470987981][/DOUBLEPOST]Just wanted to share. When I had received the HP mouse from Flipkart, it was dated Nov 2014, and the package was torn. I had tried the mouse, and the clicking was quite loud. I had returned the mouse.

But now, I got the same mouse from Amazon dated July 2016, and it's clicking is not loud, and is pleasant. Either something must have been wrong with the mouse from Flipkart, or, HP improved the mouse in terms of clicking.

So far, I am very happy with the mouse. Thanks a lot to @Ankur. for the suggestion :).

Last edited:
The scrolling isn't working anymore on this HP KY619AA3 mouse. And since it had only 1 year warranty, I cannot replace it. Another disappointment in terms of mouse. Didn't even work fine for even 2 years. I had bought it in August 2016.

I now plan to open up the mouse and see if I can get it to work somehow.

Back